News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus stop signage

Started by Ginger66, August 23, 2018, 07:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

Oldbury Road and High Street Smethwick has a mixture of the 'n' and hexagon signs its like one stop in one signage next stop new brand then reverts back to old and so for. 

If you are following the 87 route it should not be hard to get the signage correct.   The ones in new brand have x7 on them.

Stu

As has been previously explained, the bus stop flags are only being replaced with the new design when they need to be changed, ie if route numbers change or if they become 'faded' and need replacing.

They won't all be changed at once, this is to keep costs down.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

sonic84

I much preferred the previous blue and white bud stop signage. It was a lot more clear and easier to read.

The new signage can not been read as easily from a distance and is virtually impossible to read in the dark.

karl724223

New pn 28 service has new old blue style and new White wm style fitted to stops

CL

The new 97 stop on Moor Street also has the old style flag!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Bob

Not really stop but station, at one of the stands at Dudley, think its the 11 , the vinyls have peeled off showing the original Wumpty WM branding!! Retro!

SK68MEV

A new stop flag was fitted on Parkfield drive for the X70 and 96 but it was blue and white
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Ben

Quote from: sonic84 on October 30, 2018, 04:23:46 AM
I much preferred the previous blue and white bud stop signage. It was a lot more clear and easier to read.

The new signage can not been read as easily from a distance and is virtually impossible to read in the dark.

Having seen the new design in Digbeth I totally agree.

Somebody should contact them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk