News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

This is a stupid sugesttion but

In another topic under (Geminis to WB) in NXWM theres a post about A residental home being bulit and more noise is going to be made making more complaints to Centro.

My first option would be to move WB garage to a more industrial place of West Bromwich if you get what I mean. Or if not then close WB down and Transfer the routes/buses to other garage like so;

Routes:

74/75/82 could go to Perry Barr Garage (Certain buses could transfer there to) possibly the 80/88/89

87 could be transferred to Pensett Garage the geminis could be placed in another garage as PB wouldnt have the space :(

127/128 Could go to Pensett Garage or Perry Barr

401/402/402A could maybe be placed at Walsall

405/406 - Walsall

410/414 - Walsall

428/429 - Perry Barr

447 - Walsall

448/448A/448 - Birmingham Garage or Bordsley Green

449 - Walsall

450 - Walsall

451 - Perry Barr

West Bromwich Buses
Mercedes-Benz O405N - To be placed at Walsall Garge/Pensett Garage/Perry Barr
Dennis Darts - Birmingham/Pensett/Walsall
Volvo B6LE'S - Walsall/Pensett
Volvo BR7TLS - Perry Barr/Acocks Green/Walsall

Thats just my opinon though
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

Im sure they would never get rid of West Brom Garage completley, in time the location may change and a new garage may be opened in Oldbury or another area near by. Other garages are near on full in capacity anyway and so extra buses and routes from West Brom would not be an option, i just wondered how West Brom garage used to cope when Hockley garage closed and they had all the extra buses from the 16 as well as still having the 120/140 then and certain running boards on the 79 as metrobuses used to appear with the ocassional merc

D10

To be honest I don't think West Brom could cope at all when Hockley closed, hence the rather rapid transfer of the 16 on to Perry Barr.

MW

Tony

Quote from: NathanJC on April 10, 2012, 07:23:16 PM

In another topic under (Geminis to WB) in NXWM theres a post about A residental home being bulit and more noise is going to be made making more complaints to Centro.

My first option would be to move WB garage to a more industrial place of West Bromwich if you get what I mean. Or if not then close WB down and Transfer the routes/buses to other garage like so;

Routes:

74/75/82 could go to Perry Barr Garage (Certain buses could transfer there to) possibly the 80/88/89

87 could be transferred to Pensett Garage the geminis could be placed in another garage as PB wouldnt have the space :(

405/406 - Walsall

410/414 - Walsall

428/429 - Perry Barr

447 - Walsall

449 - Walsall

450 - Walsall

451 - Perry Barr

West Bromwich Buses

One big problem. Where would you park all those buses you think could go to Perry barr?

MW

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2012, 09:30:39 PM
One big problem. Where would you park all those buses you think could go to Perry barr?

If you really had to close West Bromwich, what's stopping NX reopening Lea Hall as a normal depot again. That'd transfer a lot of BC and some stuff from PB to LH, freeing up the space, simple. NX still have one less depot, so costs are not changed much.

Tomjusttom

Quote from: Michael link=topic=87.msg892#msg8atelierate=1334092963

If you really had to close West Bromwich, what's stopping NX reopening Lea Hall as a normal depot again. That'd transfer a lot of BC and some stuff from PB to LH, freeing up the space, simple. NX still have one less depot, so costs are not changed much.

Well why not reuse XS as a sub depot of PB and use the "car park" for the spare buses that XS holds with the trainers moving to WA?

MW

Quote from: thetruth on April 10, 2012, 10:45:39 PM
Quote from: Michael on April 10, 2012, 10:22:43 PM

Because Lea Hall is full of reserve fleet buses? Where are you planning to move those?

Most of what is at Lea Hall is up for sale. A lot is waiting to be scrapped so it's simple. They can easily be dealt with. There's also the Car Park, as well as Volant PSV.

Space would be tight over the next year with the Mercs being withdrawn, but with the small yard at Miller Street, and Walsall, as well as Wolverhampton which has had it's fleet shrunk over the years, there should be enough space.

KayP

The 88 doesn't exist anymore it was withdrawn 3 years ago
It would make more sense for the 74/75 to operated by PE, WN or WA and the 401 to be operated by WN.
428/429 should be operated by Walsall as they both go to Wednesbury
448/A/B should go to YW or BC, also, what buses would the 448/A/B be operated by?

Quote from: NathanJC on April 10, 2012, 07:23:16 PM

Routes:

405/406 - Walsall

410/414 - Walsall

428/429 - Perry Barr

447 - Walsall

449 - Walsall

450 - Walsall

451 - Perry Barr

West Bromwich Buses

Ash

To me there is one big issue with transferring all these routes from WB to different garages, is the dead mileage which would be huge especially for example if the 74/75 had to travel all the way to Wolverhampton after fininshing, but saying that when the 79 terminates at West Brom it then has all the dead mileage back to Wolverhampton so would be similar for the 74/75 so who knows

KayP

The only solution would be to either transfer the 74/75 to BC or - which I think is better - split up the routes, 74 to PE and 75 to WA/WN which ever is closer to Wednesbury, I'm not sure  :)

Quote from: Ash on April 10, 2012, 11:31:32 PM
To me there is one big issue with transferring all these routes from WB to different garages, is the dead mileage which would be huge especially for example if the 74/75 had to travel all the way to Wolverhampton after fininshing, but saying that when the 79 terminates at West Brom it then has all the dead mileage back to Wolverhampton so would be similar for the 74/75 so who knows

Ash

Since the 404 went to Walsall to stop the dead mileage in the evening there is now 2 extra buses from West brom at around 23:30 and 23:55 to Walsall which is better becuase when it was at WB the last bus was 23:00.

Paul

Heard a couple of whispers off drivers about this and locating to   Oldbury crops up alot!
Also the residential home that's being built is suppose to be sound proof
Also the yard which WB use (down the road) backs unto houses
I've never heard any owners complain about buses revving up in the early hours

Ash

In the yard they use at West Brom is it the older buses that go into there remember when West Brom had the scania's i never saw any parked up there and i could b wrong but dont think i have ever seen a gemini in there, i know the darts get parked at the back of the actual garage outside.

Paul

I have seen double deckers in there but can't be 100% sure if they put the Gemini's in there!
I assume when day time services end buses get
washed/refuelled and moved down the road till it's filled

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk