News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Northwestern Railway

Started by Stu, December 10, 2017, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Link doesn't work. To my mind more surprising than the small amount of yellow is that the ends of the coaches are the same colour as the doors - apparently that is compliant although it sems to me there is a possibility of someone seeing the gap between the two dark green areas when sets are coupled as a door.

JoNi

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 09, 2018, 12:56:10 PM
It's not quite as simple as the lights being 'bright enough,' although that's obviously one of the variables in the acceptance process.  It's more about complying with a certain lighting configuration, including lamp strength.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/t280J9
Taken at Crewe today I see the orange stripe for overhead is rightly still there.
The carriage numbers are six figure and dont start with an E, M, S or W now....

The Real 4778

Quote from: mikestone on March 09, 2018, 07:41:05 PM
Link doesn't work. To my mind more surprising than the small amount of yellow is that the ends of the coaches are the same colour as the doors - apparently that is compliant although it sems to me there is a possibility of someone seeing the gap between the two dark green areas when sets are coupled as a door.

Link working okay - may be your settings.  Not noticed the door/ ends situation, I'll have a look....
Don't you start.

The Real 4778

Quote from: JoNi on March 09, 2018, 08:10:49 PM
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/t280J9
Taken at Crewe today I see the orange stripe for overhead is rightly still there.
The carriage numbers are six figure and dont start with an E, M, S or W now....

That's funny!!!!  Regional prefixes were phased out thirty (30) years ago!!!!
Don't you start.

BusMan Greg

I got on a LNWR class 350 the other week, the automated announcement inside the train as the doors opened said "Welcome aboard this service to Crewe" abellio have just removed the london midland part out of it.

mikestone

mikestone

mikestone

230003 reported out on main line testing earlier, but doesn't appear to have left for Bletchley.

Tony

0Z68 currently heading from Leicester to Long Marston possibly to loco haul 230003 to Bletchley?

Tony

230003 should definitely move today in the 1310 path from Longe Marstob

JoNi

Quote from: Tony on September 18, 2018, 10:51:10 AM
230003 should definitely move today in the 1310 path from Longe Marstob

Thanks for tip, it left late according to Real Time Trains because there was another train in front that left Long Marsden 90 minutes late to Wembley which could be where loco went. Aim to see it in Coventry if poss. I assume the unit is under its own power and not hauled.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on September 18, 2018, 03:18:01 PM
Thanks for tip, it left late according to Real Time Trains because there was another train in front that left Long Marsden 90 minutes late to Wembley which could be where loco went. Aim to see it in Coventry if poss. I assume the unit is under its own power and not hauled.

Yes, running under its own power. The other train was also interesting it was 50008 with some freight wagons

JoNi

It zoomed past Coventry War Memorial with the mimimum of noise. Grateful toTony and forum for the info.

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on September 18, 2018, 05:07:56 PM
It zoomed past Coventry War Memorial with the mimimum of noise. Grateful toTony and forum for the info.

Yes, I've just photographed it in Coventry station. It didn't go up to the yard, extremely quiet

Tony

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk