News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Bus from Mablethorpe to Skegness, train from Skegness to Nottingham, train from Nottingham to Birmingham new street & train from new street to lea hall.
Guess which one was delayed then cancelled

The 13:00 service from Whitlocks End to Birmingham Moor Street was showing on the departure board at the station at Whitlocks End as being "on time". 13:00 came and went and then it suddenly disappeared off the departure board to show the 14:00, despite no train having arrived. With no communication to passengers waiting on the station. Which is very poor to be honest.

Besides that there are a lot of cancellations on the Snow Hill Lines today, "due to a lorry striking a bridge in the Cradley Heath area" and "A shortage of train crew". With the announcements advising this morning to use National Express Bus services.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Bob

Chase line was shocking tonight. Got back from london about 930...pretty much everything cancelled from Rugeley Trent Valley to Cannock we had to get a taxi home

Ginger66

Quote from: 2206 on October 29, 2021, 03:45:22 PM
The 13:00 service from Whitlocks End to Birmingham Moor Street was showing on the departure board at the station at Whitlocks End as being "on time". 13:00 came and went and then it suddenly disappeared off the departure board to show the 14:00, despite no train having arrived. With no communication to passengers waiting on the station. Which is very poor to be honest.

Besides that there are a lot of cancellations on the Snow Hill Lines today, "due to a lorry striking a bridge in the Cradley Heath area" and "A shortage of train crew". With the announcements advising this morning to use National Express Bus services.

In certain industries, certain periods of the year staff cannot have annual leave, surely in the travel industry Christmas is a very busy period you would have thought this would be a big no no for annual leave due to higher volumes of people travelling either for work, or for Christmas shopping.

But it seems everyone weekend it's always same lame excuse 'Lack of crew' and passengers will get feed up and will revert to gas guzzlers

Steve3229vp

When Perry Barr station reopens, will the Rugeley Trent Valley be calling there as well, I would be surprised if it is still only two trains an hour after building a brand new station

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 03, 2022, 08:42:43 AM
When Perry Barr station reopens, will the Rugeley Trent Valley be calling there as well, I would be surprised if it is still only two trains an hour after building a brand new station

It would need a whole timetable recast as the Rugeleys do not pass through Perry Barr

Steve3229vp

Thanks Tony, so it looks like it's still only going to be 2 trains per hour then.

DJ

Quote from: Steve3229vp on March 03, 2022, 10:51:48 AM
Thanks Tony, so it looks like it's still only going to be 2 trains per hour then.

More than likely, as I presume the limiting factor for increasing the amount of services would be paths in/out of New Street. The only thing I could think of is diverting some Cross City trains to Walsall rather than up to Four Oaks/Lichfield for the duration of the games, if extra capacity is needed.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Tony

Quote from: DJ on March 03, 2022, 05:28:37 PM
More than likely, as I presume the limiting factor for increasing the amount of services would be paths in/out of New Street. The only thing I could think of is diverting some Cross City trains to Walsall rather than up to Four Oaks/Lichfield for the duration of the games, if extra capacity is needed.

I suspect they will do what they do for football at Villa Park, just run extra shorts to Perry Barr out via Aston, back via Soho

Ginger66

Lets see what 2023 as install when the new stations open as the Wolverhampton via Darleston to Walsall could go direct to rugeley increasing

mikestone

Quote from: DJ on March 03, 2022, 05:28:37 PM
They have I think said that it is not anticipated that CrossCity will revert to six tph post-Covid so two paths per hour may be available

Kevin

Interesting that they decided they couldn't stop Rugeley trains at Hamstead this weekend, any other time trains are diverted via Soho they manage to stop them at Hamstead why not this time?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

tjwpsv

Does anyone know who/what is working the Stratford line rail replacement today, please?

WMT3000

Quote from: tjwpsv on March 27, 2022, 03:20:36 PM
Does anyone know who/what is working the Stratford line rail replacement today, please?
Saw a few on there today.

Mighty Travel NL02ZRX was on there until early afternoon when it was swapped for a coach.

Also a Brit Coaches Streetlite, South Staffs Mcv Evolution, Guru Travel Dennis Dart and a Warwickshire Travel Dennis Dart.

Saw a handful of coaches as well including a couple owned by Warwickshire Travel.

Roy

Due to faults on the trains that serve the Stourbridge Junction – Stourbridge Town route, buses will run in place of trains until Friday 8 April inclusive.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk