News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Hardy

Below is a link to Real Time Trains showing the trains from Birmingham New Street calling at Birmingham International between 18:30 & 00:30 on Sunday evening:
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/detailed/gb-nr:BHM/to/gb-nr:BHI/2021-07-11/1830-0030?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt
There were no shuttles to Birmingham International scheduled to run last evening.

This is the link for next Sunday and there are no shuttles to BHI either:
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/detailed/gb-nr:BHM/to/gb-nr:BHI/2021-07-18/1830-0030?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Tony

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 12, 2021, 09:00:20 PM
Below is a link to Real Time Trains showing the trains from Birmingham New Street calling at Birmingham International between 18:30 & 00:30 on Sunday evening:
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/detailed/gb-nr:BHM/to/gb-nr:BHI/2021-07-11/1830-0030?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt
There were no shuttles to Birmingham International scheduled to run last evening.

This is the link for next Sunday and there are no shuttles to BHI either:
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/detailed/gb-nr:BHM/to/gb-nr:BHI/2021-07-18/1830-0030?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

There never is on a Sunday evening. The xx13 always does all stations

Dom

Quote from: Tony on July 12, 2021, 10:11:47 PM
There never is on a Sunday evening. The xx13 always does all stations

There's no international shuttles on a Sunday at all. There's a couple one way BHI-BHM but that's only to collect stabled units.

B61 ANDREW

WMT have announced a "revised" / reduced service on Snow Hill lines from today. It would appear that although they now have additional rolling stock , an increased number of staff are getting a C19 ping.   

JoNi

Whilst at Jewellary Quarter a train from Dorridge being short tripped to Rowley Regis was formed Chiltern Trains liveried 172102 coupled to 3 car WMT 172.

WMT3000

Hardly any trains on the Dorridge line again today. Nothing from Acocks Green, for example, towards Birmingham between 0940 and 1123! It's about time something was done about this farce. The management of this franchise is nothing short of pathetic.

Trident 4194

Quote from: WMT3000 on August 21, 2021, 09:37:36 AM
Hardly any trains on the Dorridge line again today. Nothing from Acocks Green, for example, towards Birmingham between 0940 and 1123! It's about time something was done about this farce. The management of this franchise is nothing short of pathetic.

I don't know how they are getting away with it. They are meant to have put forward a new timetable which means the amount of services cancelled is reduced. The Shrewsbury new street services seem to have loads of cancelled services too, and these services are every 30 minutes.

mikestone

The faster Shrewsbury services have mostly been suspended since Covid first struck.

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 21, 2021, 12:16:56 PM
I don't know how they are getting away with it. They are meant to have put forward a new timetable which means the amount of services cancelled is reduced. The Shrewsbury new street services seem to have loads of cancelled services too, and these services are every 30 minutes.

Certainly seems like the Shrewsbury and Snow Hill lines are the worst affected. I'm boycotting both of them until West Midlands Railway get themselves in order
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

stephen ford

WMR are completely unreliable, caught the 18:33 of cradley heath last night to go to Bordesley for the blues match, it was 20 minutes late got to snow hill it was cancelled no explanation was given the next one was 30 late. Walked to Moor Street no buses around so had to get a taxi arrived in ground 20:02.will be driving next time, trains have be come to unpredictable rant over.

ellspurs

Quote from: stephen ford on September 11, 2021, 08:04:41 PM
WMR are completely unreliable, caught the 18:33 of cradley heath last night to go to Bordesley for the blues match, it was 20 minutes late got to snow hill it was cancelled no explanation was given the next one was 30 late. Walked to Moor Street no buses around so had to get a taxi arrived in ground 20:02.will be driving next time, trains have be come to unpredictable rant over.

This response is quite apt given the discussions over traffic around the West Brom ground in the late journeys thread. The trains are struggling, pushing people into using cars. Meanwhile there are advertisements everywhere trying to woo people back onto the trains. If the above is the experience they are going to get, then more people will be driving and adding to the traffic issues.

D10

Quote from: ellspurs on September 11, 2021, 08:28:15 PM
This response is quite apt given the discussions over traffic around the West Brom ground in the late journeys thread. The trains are struggling, pushing people into using cars. Meanwhile there are advertisements everywhere trying to woo people back onto the trains. If the above is the experience they are going to get, then more people will be driving and adding to the traffic issues.

Yes, good points.

I had to laugh that they asked the BBC to go to Snow Hill yesterday morning to launch the campaign given the awful service now on the Snow Hill lines. There were numerous cancellations this afternoon, up to 3 trains in a row were cancelled on the Stourbridge line which must have been fun with WBA playing at home.

Even when things are "normal" now the service is bad. I caught a peak hour train on Wednesday afternoon, and it was only 3 carriages in length and full and standing, why do they think people want to put up with that given that a lot of people now have the choice to work from home.

the trainbasher

Tbf I used WMR last Sunday and the only problems I noticed was with a few WMR ex Londons (there again leaving WFJ I must admit the Avanti I used was quite fast, ended up in RUG 5 up!). Snow Hill was running to time and 5 car on the journey I used

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Justin Tyme

Unfortunately WMR's current slogan "Ready when you're ready" isn't appropriate at this time.

Reliability has got to get better before confidence to travel regularly will return.

Westy

Quote from: Justin Tyme on September 12, 2021, 11:19:30 AM
Unfortunately WMR's current slogan "Ready when you're ready" isn't appropriate at this time.

Reliability has got to get better before confidence to travel regularly will return.

So the slogan should be 'NOT ready when you're ready'?

Under normal circumstances, the bus companies should be cleaning up, but with Covid affecting their staffing levels, I guess not?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk