News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM H

WMR DMU 196101 on its first ever run today. On test from Tyseley LMD to Hereford

Roy

Quote from: JIM H on July 23, 2020, 04:09:08 PM
WMR DMU 196101 on its first ever run today. On test from Tyseley LMD to Hereford

A link to a video of 196 101 passing through Kidderminster is on the Stourbridge Line User Group Facebook Group
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JMHRu8OHhY&fbclid=IwAR0PNP1LkRa4grA9G-2Yc9QV_k7poeX9_tsbnu4-pWChrDTInqf8DHTowqU&app=desktop

Roy

Regular testing of the Class 196 DMUs started today.  6 paths have been created (5Z21/22/23/24/25/27) between Tyseley and Stratford to run on Tuesdays to Fridays but only 2 of these were used today.

In addition, the first Class 730 EMU has been exported to be tested at Velim in Czechia.

Tony

Quote from: Roy on August 11, 2020, 08:46:59 PM
Regular testing of the Class 196 DMUs started today.  6 paths have been created (5Z21/22/23/24/25/27) between Tyseley and Stratford to run on Tuesdays to Fridays but only 2 of these were used today.

In addition, the first Class 730 EMU has been exported to be tested at Velim in Czechia.

196104 has been doing Tyseley to Stafford overnight via Cannock as well

mikestone

Planning applications have now been published for Darlaston and Willenhall stations - press releases previously refered to six coach platforms, but this has shrunk to four in the planning statement.
;
Willenhall is to be on the Wolverhampton side of Bilston Road bridge, which I think was not previously clear.

mikestone

Quote from: mikestone on June 14, 2020, 08:32:57 PM
Southbound services stand long enough at New St to make it relatively straightforward change, but going the other way looks a bit problematic unless they swop paths with the International-Rugeley trains, but that would result in trains from Crewe only having a five minute turn round before going to Rugeley.
;
Planning application shows a completely diferent path for the Birmingham-Crewe service to the current one, giving a better connection at Stafford  for Stoke  out of the xx.46 from Euston via the Trent Valley. Surprisingly the indicative paths for the Walsall-Wolverhampton service suggest only a five minute turn round at Walsall, after a 14 minute journey and the longer layover at Wolverhampton.

Westy

Quote from: mikestone on August 11, 2020, 10:18:47 PM
Planning applications have now been published for Darlaston and Willenhall stations - press releases previously refered to six coach platforms, but this has shrunk to four in the planning statement.
;
Willenhall is to be on the Wolverhampton side of Bilston Road bridge, which I think was not previously clear.

I'd be interested to see if it's possible timetablewise to use for a commute between Bloxwich & Willenhall!

(Seeing I live a 10 min walk from Bloxwich station & work is a 10 min walk from Willenhall!)

mikestone

Looks as though next increas in service is from 7th September. From what is in RTT now
;
Walsall/Chase Line - near normal
;
Snow Hill lines near normal - which means the peak Stratford via Dorridge trains which don't run in the normal TT finish.
;
Cross-City - half hourly Bromsgrove-Lichfield and Redditch-Four Oaks.
;
Additional houly service New St-International
'
Shrewsbury semi-fasts re-instated in the peaks.

windy miller

Quote from: JIM H on July 23, 2020, 04:09:08 PM
There are currently 3 new units on site at tyseley  at least one of which has been parked adjacent to the main down line  (196 101)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

mikestone

Website now confirms Walsall/Chase and Snow Hill services near normal and crosscity all six-car.

B61 ANDREW

Two more 196 cars noted on the M5 locally around mid-day today.

WMT3000

Quote from: mikestone on August 22, 2020, 11:36:00 PM
Website now confirms Walsall/Chase and Snow Hill services near normal and crosscity all six-car.
A bit of a lie considering only 66% of trains are running between Brum and Dorridge. The increase in usage in the last few weeks is now causing a few difficulties with social distancing, particularly when there's been no train to the city centre from Olton or Acocks Green for 40 minutes plus (not that I believe WMR are worried about that). I think the department for transport should be investigating why a fully subsidised service (until October) can't be operated.

mikestone

Quote from: WMT3000 on August 24, 2020, 06:45:45 PM
A bit of a lie considering only 66% of trains are running between Brum and Dorridge. The increase in usage in the last few weeks is now causing a few difficulties with social distancing, particularly when there's been no train to the city centre from Olton or Acocks Green for 40 minutes plus (not that I believe WMR are worried about that). I think the department for transport should be investigating why a fully subsidised service (until October) can't be operated.
I was refering to my previous post, i.e. services from 7th September.
;
Interestingly it seems that from September (TPE and TfW not yet clear) nationalized Northern is running far and away the lowest proportion of its booked service, with an actually reduction in east line services from Piccadilly.

Cedric

any one know who is providing  rail replacement  buses and  coaches bettween worcester   and kidderminster
diamond 8\10/125/292

B61 ANDREW

Anyone have any info on 5Z32/33 please . New Street to Bromsgrove to Tyseley.  Guess a 196 ?? Thanks.  Andrew.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk