News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 29, 2020, 02:08:34 PM
Wow there nice , are these for the snow hill line and cross city ?

They will see off the 153s and 170s so New Street to Hereford and Shrewsbury, and yes also some use on the Snow Hill alongside the 172s already on there.

BigDaddyCool

Which trains are going on the Cross-City and when?

Rob H

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on April 30, 2020, 11:54:02 PM
Which trains are going on the Cross-City and when?

36 Aventra Class 730's (730001-730036) will be going on the Cross City Line and I'm guessing around late 2021/early 2022. :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

BK63 YWP

It is me or is the class 196s orange a lot darker and Matt look than the metallic orange on the 172s?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: Rob2832 on May 01, 2020, 08:00:51 AM
36 Aventra Class 730's (730001-730036) will be going on the Cross City Line and I'm guessing around late 2021/early 2022. :)

There's a photo of one here
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/rail-uk/20200408/281595242642055

RW

Err somewhere there is!!

Pat

Quote from: D10 on April 29, 2020, 08:32:28 PM
They will see off the 153s and 170s so New Street to Hereford and Shrewsbury, and yes also some use on the Snow Hill alongside the 172s already on there.
I believe they're going to be on Hereford's first, and Shrewsbury's later on in the year.  Well... that was the plan before the pandemic. 

tphi12000

Tony

Pat

Wonder if anyone on here can clarify this for me:

I have an annual season ticket that I haven't used since the 20th March.  I may be needing to use it again in coming weeks and was just wondering if I can get a refund for the 2 or so months that it wasn't used for and still keep the ticket until it expires in September?

Thanks

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on May 30, 2020, 01:28:40 PM

I have an annual season ticket that I haven't used since the 20th March.  I may be needing to use it again in coming weeks and was just wondering if I can get a refund for the 2 or so months that it wasn't used for and still keep the ticket until it expires in September?

Thanks

Hi @Pat

I would say yes, but the company would need to have proof of when you last used it. I would also assume that you can keep the ticket until it expires. You better write to them asap.  That is my understanding of the situation, but I can't be sure if I'm right!

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 30, 2020, 04:59:03 PM
Hi @Pat

I would say yes, but the company would need to have proof of when you last used it. I would also assume that you can keep the ticket until it expires. You better write to them asap.  That is my understanding of the situation, but I can't be sure if I'm right!
I've written to them and have to go to the station I purchased it from to get a refund.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: Pat on May 30, 2020, 01:28:40 PM

Thanks

The answer is on here https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/season-ticket-refunds

You don't have to got to the station, you can do it online.

Also you cannot just get a refund for two months, you will have to surrender the ticket and then purchase a new ticket when you start to travel again.

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations_destinations/coronavirus_refunds.aspx?utm_source=nre&utm_medium=carousel&utm_campaign=Refund

mikestone

Reported that the first cl.730 car(s) visible in the works yard at Derby.

mikestone

Apparently now agreed that Birminghan-Stoke-Crewe services will run via and calll at Tame Bridge Parkway from December in preperation for the opening of Darlaston and Willenhall.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk