News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 16, 2020, 05:10:34 PM
utter bullsh!t & Andy 'Photo-op' Street in the same paragraph, there's a shock.

- Said no one ever...

A photo shoot that was planned before they cancelled the elections this May no doubt.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

midlandred2003

First passenger train in 80 years!! I have travelled along thereseveral times on diverted trains.

B61 ANDREW

Thanks for the info folks , that explains everything. They must have jumped off the train quickly , assembled the backdrop and then jumped straight back on as I only saw the guy with the flash tie talking to train staff on the platform by the time I got there. Is the mayor vertically challenged ? Or are the other two stood on boxes ??   

Stu

Quote from: midlandred2003 on March 16, 2020, 05:29:58 PM
First passenger train in 80 years!! I have travelled along thereseveral times on diverted trains.

In the ten years I've been working in Sparkbrook, there hasn't been a day when I haven't seen a passenger train going over the Stratford Road near Camp Hill.

So its a bit deceptive and misleading to insinuate that passenger trains haven't gone along that line for 80 years.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

D10

Think there was meant to be a feature on this on Central News this evening, but it was dropped due to the latest news on the coronavirus outbreak.

Solo1

Weds 18/03 07:45 SHUTTLE UPDATE: service between Stourbridge Junction and Stourbridge Town remains suspended due to a vehicle fault. Engineers are on site working to fix the issue. Taxi replacement is operating from outside ticket offices at both stations, free to tkt holders.
Just read normal service now

Roy

Jack6101

Looks like one of the class 196 has arrived in uk
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

196101 in Tyseley yesterday

Photo taken by an employee there, I haven't broken rules!
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/Class196/196101.html

RW

Just out of interest how did it arrive at Tyseley?  Under its own power or loco hauled?

Tony

Quote from: RW on April 29, 2020, 10:52:53 AM
Just out of interest how did it arrive at Tyseley?  Under its own power or loco hauled?

On the back of 4 lorries!

Jack6101

Quote from: Tony on April 29, 2020, 08:50:38 AM
196101 in Tyseley yesterday

Photo taken by an employee there, I haven't broken rules!
http://wmbusphotos.com/Trains/Class196/196101.html
Wow there nice , are these for the snow hill line and cross city ?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

mikestone

Not quite sure how you can say they are nice from an outside view, but to answer your question they are for New Street-Shrewsbury/Hereford although presumably they will have some work on Snow Hill services as the 170s do now.

Tony

Quote from: Jack6101 on April 29, 2020, 02:08:34 PM
Wow there nice , are these for the snow hill line and cross city ?

Not for the Cross-City - they are diesel units

Steveminor

Looks very orange at the front like its had an accident with an easyjet plane lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk