News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Didnt the X51 have a problem the other day, I seem to recall reading?

Sh4318

Quote from: Bob on May 22, 2019, 06:24:22 AM
Its not much fun for commuters Tony! Almost every trip from New St was late/very late. And as for "looking at the internet looking for faults"...No! I was looking to make sure it was running. Passengers comments on Twitter werent complimentary

Perhaps you should use that medium to air your grievances, rather than a bus forum. Are you enjoying your 4 carriage electrified trains, free wifi and direct trains to London?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Bob

Quote from: Sh4318 on May 22, 2019, 01:44:54 PM
Perhaps you should use that medium to air your grievances, rather than a bus forum. Are you enjoying your 4 carriage electrified trains, free wifi and direct trains to London?

After yesterday i think the X51s a safer option...

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on May 22, 2019, 03:42:21 PM
After yesterday i think the X51s a safer option...

What, the X51 that on a bad M6 day can get easily hit city centre 15+ mins late? You think that a safer option vs a faster train that was probably only late by a minute or so?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Quote from: Kevin on May 22, 2019, 05:26:49 PM
What, the X51 that on a bad M6 day can get easily hit city centre 15+ mins late? You think that a safer option vs a faster train that was probably only late by a minute or so?

Check trainline id say pretty much every ones been late some by 15 mins plus!

Bob

The comments on twitter arent particularly complimentary put it that way

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on May 22, 2019, 08:03:22 PM
The comments on twitter arent particularly complimentary put it that way

And Twitter comments affect you how exactly?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Bob on May 22, 2019, 08:02:23 PM
Check trainline id say pretty much every ones been late some by 15 mins plus!

Because bob my sweetie, not every trains been delayed and the London ones can be affected on the WCML so can cause a knock on effect

See attachment the slightly late trains seem to be the London ones rest state ON TIME...

You moaned about the service prior the changes and now you moan about the service after the changes... moan about arriva now moan about an X51 missing.... the world is not perfect, the railway infrastructure are not perfect, problems happen...

Learn and Adapt there are sooo many ways to go from Cannock to Birmingham now... if one is delayed use another
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on May 22, 2019, 08:13:56 PM
And Twitter comments affect you how exactly?

Im pointing out what disgruntled passengers have stated on there? Some copied in to the local MP..

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bob on May 22, 2019, 06:24:22 AM
Its not much fun for commuters Tony! Almost every trip from New St was late/very late. And as for "looking at the internet looking for faults"...No! I was looking to make sure it was running. Passengers comments on Twitter werent complimentary

It always gets my back up when people keep saying that services are delayed and cancelled on a particular day without even taking any trouble to actually look into the cause.

The 18:21 from Birmingham is actually a service from London Euston which arrives at Birmingham, splits and then a portion goes forward to Rugeley Trent Valley. On Tuesday 21/05/19, there was a fatality at Milton Keynes Central mid afternoon and the line was totally blocked for a considerable time (this blockage is supervised by the emergency services and trains cannot start to run again without there authority).

Whilst it was possible for some trains to be turned at Rugby and Northampton, a considerable number of trains were caught south of Milton Keynes. When the blockage was lifted and trains started to run again, you have the problem of stock and train crews being in the wrong place, line controllers have to try and rebuild a service as best they can with the stock and crew they have available.

Indeed the 17:45 service to Rugeley, another ex London service, the control found a set and crew for it and it ran with a 2 minute delay, and the following service the 18:53 from Birmingham ran 2 minutes late off Birmingham with a right time arrival in Rugeley.

Plus at the end of the day, this week marks a new timetable, and as with anything new, it takes some getting used to for staff as well as passengers. Things will improve, I have looked at both Monday and Wednesday and although things on the line weren't perfect, they weren't that bad either, unless you look just look at the odd train!!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

In fact the line was open at Milton Keynes in about an hour, so its anybodys guess what will happen when one takes the usual two to three hours.
It is undeniable that this timetable worsens the situation for home going commuters, not only on the Chase Line, for the questionable benefit of running almost everything to and from London, and once again management appear to have gone home on Friday knowing that there had been insufficient route learning to run the service robustly.

MK

Quote from: mikestone on May 23, 2019, 11:16:26 AM
It is undeniable that this timetable worsens the situation for home going commuters, not only on the Chase Line, for the questionable benefit of running almost everything to and from London.

Have to agree with this. Pretty much sums up the situation in one sentence.

Ticket inspector was checking tickets on the 08:38 West Midlands Railways service to Kidderminster from Moor Street just before Cradley Heath, heard somebody onboard, saying they use "Trainline", he purchases his ticket on his mobile when asked to show the ticket, then once they've checked it clicks refund and it only costs him a fee of £1 (he gets the rest of his money back), apparently he'd come from London doing this, he got off Cradley Heath.
Ticket Inspector checked his ticket and didn't seem to even notice anything.
He was also saying something like he doesn't mind paying for a service, but you don't get much of a service so he doesn't pay.

Strange West Midland Railways are accepting tickets of a site that lets people do this.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

New livery 139 apparently due out in service tomorrow

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Roy

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 25, 2019, 09:00:37 PM
New livery 139 apparently due out in service tomorrow
Photo of 139 002 on Stourbridge Line User Group Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/407285492711907

I wonder whether 139 001 will receive its new livery this coming week while it's out of service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk