News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Roy on April 04, 2019, 11:39:02 AM
The outbound journey (2T95 at 1645 from New Street) is now on Realtime Trains
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S88120/2019/04/07/advanced

I'm told to expect similar timings on the 14th April for the class 350 test run

Tony

Sunday's class 350 test train on the chase line now on real time trains
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S61784/2019/04/14/advanced

There's another unusual test train on Sunday as well
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S61931/2019/04/14/advanced

This is a 12 car class 350 to test it fits in Wolverhampton CS. The 12 car will then return to Birmingham International where the back four will be detached to do the Chase test train.

12 cars north of Birmingham are extremely rare

mikestone

Any idea what the covered sign is at Chase Line stations - presumably not 350 stop boards as on the down at Landywood (IIRC) it's nearer Walsall than the existing stop boards.
;
Also note some freight diversions due to the down grand junction blocked at Bushbury until 10th May including the Bridgwater flasks.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on April 13, 2019, 03:59:49 PM
Any idea what the covered sign is at Chase Line stations - presumably not 350 stop boards as on the down at Landywood (IIRC) it's nearer Walsall than the existing stop boards.
;
Also note some freight diversions due to the down grand junction blocked at Bushbury until 10th May including the Bridgwater flasks.

I think they are the 350 stop board. Landywood Station has an extra extension to allow for the difficulty in stopping at the bottom of the hill in poor rail conditions, so that will allow a short over-run

Tony

Westy

I don't suppose anyone knows when the footbridge is likely to be completed at Bloxwich, do they?

Kevin

So with WMR and LNWR supposedly separate companies, who will be running the London - Rugeley service? Or is it like the Northern / Scotrail thing with services through Carlisle?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Quote from: Kevin on April 15, 2019, 12:06:47 PM
So with WMR and LNWR supposedly separate companies, who will be running the London - Rugeley service? Or is it like the Northern / Scotrail thing with services through Carlisle?
They're not separate as far as I know.
LNWR livery trains would be used, same as the New Street to International local service (and New Street - London) at present I'd have thought.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Kevin on April 15, 2019, 12:06:47 PM

The London Midland franchise was taken over by West Midlands Trains Ltd, who introduced two seperate brands 'West Midlands Railway' for local services and 'London Northwestern Railway' for the services between London, Birmingham and Liverpool, ie those operating beyond the West Midlands, for a provision of potentially splitting the franchise in future.

On that basis, I would expect the London to Rugeley service to be LNWR operated.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stu on April 15, 2019, 07:42:45 PM
The London Midland franchise was taken over by West Midlands Trains Ltd, who introduced two seperate brands 'West Midlands Railway' for local services and 'London Northwestern Railway' for the services between London, Birmingham and Liverpool, ie those operating beyond the West Midlands, for a provision of potentially splitting the franchise in future.

On that basis, I would expect the London to Rugeley service to be LNWR operated.

I think it confuses more than just us, have seen departure boards saying West Midlands Trains whilst others say West Midlands Railways.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dylanbusboy45

Just seen this, 172003 in WMR Colours outside Tyseley. Looks nice but always though Overground livery suited these
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140710651@N05/47582770322/in/datetaken/

mikestone

;
On the Chase Line timetable leaflet all through trains to and from London are shown LN, and the others WM, both with first class. Some Birmingham Walsall locals are shown standard only, presumably those booked dmu or 323, but apart from the parliamentary no mention of through services to Wolverhampton or Shrewsbury.

DJ

Quote from: mikestone on April 21, 2019, 11:09:47 AM
;
On the Chase Line timetable leaflet all through trains to and from London are shown LN, and the others WM, both with first class. Some Birmingham Walsall locals are shown standard only, presumably those booked dmu or 323, but apart from the parliamentary no mention of through services to Wolverhampton or Shrewsbury.

I'm not sure if it works the same as it does on my local line from Brum to Wolves, but services that aren't booked for first can either turn up a 323 or a 350, with First Class being declassified on the latter.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

mikestone

Are any units leaving in May?
Ignoring maintenance, a back of envelope calculation suggests  the Chase Line electrics  will release about twelve cars, Marston Vale three and the two Coventry working two and with eight 172s arriving to cover those, that's around 10 vehicles not spoken for  after covering Leamington-Nuneaton, giving a total of 27 to be redeployed.
Assuming the new Shrewsbury trains  and a couple of extra morning peak turns on Snow Hill lines are three cars, that leaves about a dozen to strengthen other workings or go away.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on April 24, 2019, 06:40:40 PM
Are any units leaving in May?
Ignoring maintenance, a back of envelope calculation suggests  the Chase Line electrics  will release about twelve cars, Marston Vale three and the two Coventry working two and with eight 172s arriving to cover those, that's around 10 vehicles not spoken for  after covering Leamington-Nuneaton, giving a total of 27 to be redeployed.
Assuming the new Shrewsbury trains  and a couple of extra morning peak turns on Snow Hill lines are three cars, that leaves about a dozen to strengthen other workings or go away.

I believe only the 3 150s are due to go this year

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk