News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 30, 2019, 08:05:04 PM
I bet it was great for people that rely on it for work in brum for the first two morning trains to be cancelled

Yes, I normally catch the second one. At least the third was 4 vice 3 carriages, and again WMR not to blame. both trains left depot on time and got stuck at Stafford

mikestone

Unit appears to have stayed there until aboy 09.30 then gone back to Stafford.

Roy

Comparisons between the current timetable and the provisional May timetable for any station or TOC can be found at the following website.
https://live-departures.info/rail/timetable-comparison/

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Roy on February 06, 2019, 10:08:20 PM
Comparisons between the current timetable and the provisional May timetable for any station or TOC can be found at the following website.
https://live-departures.info/rail/timetable-comparison/

Thanks for this Roy.  I've just looked up Shirley and good news there - two or three extra peak journeys squeezed in and a doubled evening service as far as Whitlocks End.

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 06, 2019, 11:02:55 PM
Thanks for this Roy.  I've just looked up Shirley and good news there - two or three extra peak journeys squeezed in and a doubled evening service as far as Whitlocks End.
Well if they can do it on that line why can't they do it on Solihull - Snow Hill. There doesn't seem to be any good news for these passengers.
No extra peak time capacity at Acocks Green though - so it will continue with severe overcrowding and an inadequate level of service for those wishing using Solihull to Moor Street. Still only the 08:23 to Worcester Shrub Hill. They never seem to be very reliable either.
Its an appalling service, i'll carry on using the X2 myself.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on February 06, 2019, 11:13:53 PM
Well if they can do it on that line why can't they do it on Solihull - Snow Hill. There doesn't seem to be any good news for these passengers.
No extra peak time capacity at Acocks Green though - so it will continue with severe overcrowding and an inadequate level of service for those wishing using Solihull to Moor Street. Still only the 08:23 to Worcester Shrub Hill. They never seem to be very reliable either.

Maybe it's because chitern railways and wmr operate this line whilst the line to Stratford is WMR only hence more track access. You do have to take into consideration that the chilterns are fast services and if WMR increase their services it would slow down the chilterns
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

The Real 4778

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on February 07, 2019, 03:27:41 PM
Maybe it's because chitern railways and wmr operate this line whilst the line to Stratford is WMR only hence more track access. You do have to take into consideration that the chilterns are fast services and if WMR increase their services it would slow down the chilterns

There is some truth in that, as spare paths are scarce to say the least.  The most effective way this will be tackled is when the WMR fleet grows in a couple of years.  There's no instant fix, as trains can't be spirited out of thin air overnight.
Don't you start.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: The Real 4778 on February 07, 2019, 03:51:22 PM
There is some truth in that, as spare paths are scarce to say the least.  The most effective way this will be tackled is when the WMR fleet grows in a couple of years.  There's no instant fix, as trains can't be spirited out of thin air overnight.

If only it were possible to quadruple that section...  :P

mikestone

Or taken the opportunity  to move the loop at Dorridge into the middle so that turnbacks didn't conflict, when they extended the down goods.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on February 06, 2019, 11:13:53 PM

10 trains from 7-9am between Solihull and Moor Street

4 trains from 8-9am between Acocks Green and Moor Street

If you want to spend 30+ minutes seated on a bus, rather than 10 minutes standing on a train, to get to the same destination, that's your prerogative, I guess
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Sh4318 on February 09, 2019, 08:35:11 AM
10 trains from 7-9am between Solihull and Moor Street

4 trains from 8-9am between Acocks Green and Moor Street

If you want to spend 30+ minutes seated on a bus, rather than 10 minutes standing on a train, to get to the same destination, that's your prerogative, I guess
And those 4 trains are rammed and dangerously overcrowded, with no room for anyone else to get on, with as many people as possible squashed in like sardines. Have you ever actually tried getting on and using the 08:23 at Acocks Green?
I would rather spend 25 minutes on a bus, than have to put up wth it. And them cancelling the trains, yes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on February 09, 2019, 11:29:06 AM
And those 4 trains are rammed and dangerously overcrowded, with no room for anyone else to get on, with as many people as possible squashed in like sardines. Have you ever actually tried getting on and using the 08:23 at Acocks Green?
I would rather spend 25 minutes on a bus, than have to put up wth it. And them cancelling the trains, yes.

I have the same problem with the snow hill lines Stourbridge side but the problems are that the time of day (Rush Hour) combined with more and more people are using the train to get into Birmingham due to congestion. WMR is using all its available rolling stock and can not spawn new trains out of thin air. With the 6 of the 8 class 172/0s coming into service this year (other 2 for Nuneaton to Leamington Spa) that will help a little with the overcrowding and any spare 196s will probably be used also when they arrive. Also as mentioned above track access is probably limited with the chilterns also using that line.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on February 09, 2019, 11:29:06 AM

I get that line everyday, get on the CH 07:57 departure from Smethwick Galton Bridge and then talk to me about overcrowding. My point being, if that train is overcrowded, there are alternatives

You realise there's a diesel stock train shortage across the Network, as posted above, the extra 12 172/0 carriages should help as far as that line is concerned
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Dylanbusboy45

Out of the blue the 323s appear to be getting refurbished and first one already completed and in service - 323217. Works include deep clean, accessible toilet, new moquette and fitting of internal destination screens.
https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/about-us/news-desk/range-improvements-are-being-made-trains-cross-city-line

Bob

Wonder if theres actually any padding in the seats compared with before lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk