News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2019, 08:22:11 AM
But from Hednesford, where I live the prices are exactly the same, but I can get to London Euston in 2 hours 8 minutes on LNWR, but it takes 2 hours 15 minutes using Virgin!

Well you would obviously use the cheaper and quicker journey. I was basing my opinion on Birmingham to London.

Stuharris 6360

Details are starting to appear re the May timetable change.

On the Chase Line from Rugeley Trent Valley, Cannock, Hednesford, all morning departures bar one early departure are electric class 350 timed
The 06:22 Rugeley to Shrewsbury is booked a class 158.

During the day it looks like a half hour service, one service terminating at Birmingham International, the other at London Euston.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/CAO/to/BHM/2019/05/20/0000-2359?stp=WVSC&show=all&order=wtt

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 10, 2019, 02:43:24 PM
Details are starting to appear re the May timetable change.

On the Chase Line from Rugeley Trent Valley, Cannock, Hednesford, all morning departures bar one early departure are electric class 350 timed
The 06:22 Rugeley to Shrewsbury is booked a class 158.

During the day it looks like a half hour service, one service terminating at Birmingham International, the other at London Euston.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/CAO/to/BHM/2019/05/20/0000-2359?stp=WVSC&show=all&order=wtt

That could possibly be a mistake it's a 170
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on January 10, 2019, 04:46:08 PM
That could possibly be a mistake it's a 170

It's not a mistake. It is the class timings not what it will be operated by.
If you look at the current timetable they are all timed for 150/153/156.
Once the 153s have gone off lease they can be timed to the faster 158

the trainbasher

Takes the path of the current 13 past New Street to Euston and 39 past New Street to international.

Noticed that the international shorts will no longer call all stations

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

May TT now on RTT - all the promised cross-Birmingham links, plus it would seem the second Birmingham-Rugeley detaches off the back of the Euston-Birmingham-Stoke-Crewe, and leaves via Aston.
Both Birmingham-Salops are via the Stour, not Bescot, except for odd trains. A number of morning peak trains to/from Walsall remain diesel and some are to/from Salop. 

DJ

Quote from: mikestone on January 10, 2019, 10:21:42 PM
May TT now on RTT - all the promised cross-Birmingham links, plus it would seem the second Birmingham-Rugeley detaches off the back of the Euston-Birmingham-Stoke-Crewe, and leaves via Aston.
Both Birmingham-Salops are via the Stour, not Bescot, except for odd trains. A number of morning peak trains to/from Walsall remain diesel and some are to/from Salop.

Where is Salop?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

Tony

DJ

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2019, 05:37:59 PM
It's not a mistake. It is the class timings not what it will be operated by.
Once the 153s have gone off lease they can be timed to the faster 158

So will a diesel train actually operate that particular journey? Ie the early ome from rugelry through cannock to shrewsbury via brum? As they dont have 158s do they WMT?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2019, 11:22:55 AM
So will a diesel train actually operate that particular journey? Ie the early ome from rugelry through cannock to shrewsbury via brum? As they dont have 158s do they WMT?

Well it's not going to be electric to Shrewsbury is it?
see my earlier reply re:158

Bob

Quote from: Tony on January 11, 2019, 11:27:54 AM
Well it's not going to be electric to Shrewsbury is it?
see my earlier reply re:158

Yes but WMT dont have any 158s? Thats what i meant. So will it be a 170?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2019, 12:26:31 PM

As I said, see my note above
"It's not a mistake. It is the class timings not what it will be operated by.
Once the 153s have gone off lease they can be timed to the faster 158"

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2019, 12:26:31 PM

My mistake @Bob, it appears that they have no timing band for a class 170, so therefore trains to be operated by a 170 will be timed as for a class 158, therefore more than likely (although subject to change before May), the service will be a 170.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk