News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: Kevin on January 08, 2019, 08:26:27 AM
Would you rather keep the diesels?

Well it woukdve saved literally millions if theyd have used extra diesels from elsewhere as and when they became available surely. I mean...to save a few minutes?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 08, 2019, 12:47:44 PM
Well it woukdve saved literally millions if theyd have used extra diesels from elsewhere as and when they became available surely. I mean...to save a few minutes?

Which spare diesels are those?

Wasn't it you not long ago complaining about reliability not long ago? Well the class 350s have just won the 2018 golden spanner again by being 5 times more reliable than 170s.

And while it would have saved millions on installing the wires. That starts getting repaid quite quickly on lower operating costs

Westy

And we get a leccy service to London too!

Quote from: Westy on January 08, 2019, 04:27:32 PM
And we get a leccy service to London too!
Calling at all stations to London though - so 2 hours and 20 minute journey time at present from New St at present I believe.
I'd expect it'd be quicker to change at New St on to a Virgin Trains Service? I believe journey time from New St is just over 1 Hour 20 Minutes on Virgin?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: 2206 on January 08, 2019, 04:34:58 PM
Calling at all stations to London though - so 2 hours and 20 minute journey time at present from New St at present I believe.
I'd expect it'd be quicker to change at New St on to a Virgin Trains Service? I believe journey time from New St is just over 1 Hour 20 Minutes on Virgin?

Yep still about that in both cases. It's faster on LNWR if you time it right to change at Rugby for the Crewe-Euston which is all Trent Valley stations, then Nuneaton, Rugby and Milton Keynes.

In fact @Westy, as you are from Walsall, you would be quicker getting to Rubery TV, then catching the above service from there  ;)

Bob

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on January 08, 2019, 04:40:49 PM
Yep still about that in both cases. It's faster on LNWR if you time it right to change at Rugby for the Crewe-Euston which is all Trent Valley stations, then Nuneaton, Rugby and Milton Keynes.

In fact @Westy, as you are from Walsall, you would be quicker getting to Rubery TV, then catching the above service from there  ;)

So almost 3 hrs from Cannock to Euston? That'll be popular 😂

Tony

Quote from: Bob on January 08, 2019, 10:18:24 PM
So almost 3 hrs from Cannock to Euston? That'll be popular 😂

Not everyone is in a rush, as you can tell by the number of people who already use LNWR from Birmingham already. The fact you can regularly get £6 tickets is a big draw

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2019, 10:22:30 PM
Not everyone is in a rush, as you can tell by the number of people who already use LNWR from Birmingham already. The fact you can regularly get £6 tickets is a big draw

For those leisurely travellers maybe. I can't see many season ticket holders travelling on LNWR from Birmingham to London every day for work.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Tony on January 08, 2019, 10:22:30 PM

And if you travel by Virgin it becomes twice as expensive for the same length of journey and the LNWR services I have seen towards London are busy and well used
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

The Real 4778

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on January 08, 2019, 04:40:49 PM

Rubery Trent Valley! 
Don't you start.

Westy

Are the Rugeley Tv connections to London on the Walsall timetable leaflet?

If not, could LNWR make the leaflet available to Walsall station?

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on January 09, 2019, 04:24:07 PM
Are the Rugeley Tv connections to London on the Walsall timetable leaflet?

If not, could LNWR make the leaflet available to Walsall station?

Connections at Rugeley TV for both Euston and Stafford are shown on the Chase Line timetable leaflet.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 08, 2019, 10:31:02 PM
For those leisurely travellers maybe. I can't see many season ticket holders travelling on LNWR from Birmingham to London every day for work.

Cost wise season ticket holders can save a lot of money travelling on LNWR

lets look at an annual season ticket (Prices: Virgin Trains Website)

Birmingham to London (Valid on West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services only.)  £5760.00
Birmingham to London (Valid only for travel via (changing trains or passing through) High Wycombe.)         £8648.00
Birmingham to London  (Travel is allowed via any permitted route.)                                                               £10900.00

@Trident 4194 Which option would you go for?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 10, 2019, 12:56:59 AM
Cost wise season ticket holders can save a lot of money travelling on LNWR

lets look at an annual season ticket (Prices: Virgin Trains Website)

Birmingham to London (Valid on West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway services only.)  £5760.00
Birmingham to London (Valid only for travel via (changing trains or passing through) High Wycombe.)         £8648.00
Birmingham to London  (Travel is allowed via any permitted route.)                                                               £10900.00

@Trident 4194 Which option would you go for?

Well if I had a job in London which required say a 8am start, you wouldn't get me getting a train a whole hour earlier, every day because it's 3,000 cheaper. I guess this is where virgin say you can't put a price on time saving. Chiltern I would go with but I wouldn't do LNWR everyday, it's just not practical in my opinion. Most people after they finish want to get home as quickly as possible which can't be achieved through LNWR

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 10, 2019, 07:26:25 AM
Well if I had a job in London which required say a 8am start, you wouldn't get me getting a train a whole hour earlier, every day because it's 3,000 cheaper. I guess this is where virgin say you can't put a price on time saving. Chiltern I would go with but I wouldn't do LNWR everyday, it's just not practical in my opinion. Most people after they finish want to get home as quickly as possible which can't be achieved through LNWR

But from Hednesford, where I live the prices are exactly the same, but I can get to London Euston in 2 hours 8 minutes on LNWR, but it takes 2 hours 15 minutes using Virgin!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk