News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tphi12000

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 10:27:44 AM
Wolverton Works is the furthest south I can remember one getting. They have a safety case to Euston, but I don't ever remembering one get there
I remember seeing one a Bletchley when new , a search on Flickr shows one in the station when brand new.
Tony

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 07:09:00 PM
Then Wolverhampton drivers/conductors have now work.

There are capacity problems at Tyseley as well. That is why trains are parked in Wolverhampton, New Street and Leamington Stations. There is virtually no room at any depot in the West Midlands which is why Duddeston depot is being built.
Is it being built though? I haven't been that way for a couple of months, but in the previous six months it has all the appearance of having been abandoned when they were half way through erecting the new fencing.

DJ

Quote from: mikestone on December 04, 2018, 10:17:16 PM
Is it being built though? I haven't been that way for a couple of months, but in the previous six months it has all the appearance of having been abandoned when they were half way through erecting the new fencing.

Is it meant to be on those sidings and the land next to Duddeston station? If so, it still looked abandoned when I passed through about a week ago.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

The Real 4778

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 04:44:28 PM
... plan that should have been  auctioned 12 months ago.

How much did it fetch, Tony, and who was the winning bidder?   ;D
Don't you start.

The Real 4778

Quote from: StourValley98 on December 04, 2018, 11:23:28 PM
Is it meant to be on those sidings and the land next to Duddeston station? If so, it still looked abandoned when I passed through about a week ago.

The new depot at Duddeston will occupy the former DCE/ repair shop sidings bordered by Erskine Street underbridge at the south-western end and the (Grade 2 listed) wagon shops at the north-eastern.  Ground investigations and vegetation clearance have taken place, the early works contractor is due to take possession of the site in early 2019 AFAIK.
Don't you start.

Dylan4579

Does anybody know when the LO 172's are going to start service?

broma1k

After LO get the delayed class 710 into service which are replacing them

The Real 4778

Quote from: Dylan4579 on December 05, 2018, 04:54:12 PM
Does anybody know when the LO 172's are going to start service?

The first is undergoing refurbishment at Derby Carriage Works right now, I'm advised.  However, the full cascade is indeed delayed by the entry into service of the 710s.
Don't you start.

Kevin

Fair few Dorridge services cancelled this evening, citing staff issues
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on December 10, 2018, 05:32:39 PM
Fair few Dorridge services cancelled this evening, citing staff issues

It's always the case at this time of the year, bet Friday night will be worse.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Last train on the last Saturday before Xmas to Leamington is cancelled
Hilarious
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BK63 YWP

According to rail forums the first 172/0 has moved from ilford to tylesley
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 22, 2018, 11:22:50 PM
But passenegers have to wait till May for electric trains, stupid really.

Very much so, but that is the DfT and Governments fault.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk