News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 01, 2018, 11:42:28 PM
Glad im not on the last Birmingham to Cannock train tonight...the one at 10.17 ish was 20 mins delayed cos it was rammed and full of drunk idiots with the police called and the 23.19 still showing delayed now....why do they think 2 carriages is even acceptable? Can they not shove 153s on on a Sat???

The delay was while they fetched an extra two carriages for the 23:19.
West Midlands Railway would be running 4 cars on every service if Nationalised Network Rail weren't a year behind with the electrification and platform extensions. From Next week the Government is also to blame as WMR were going to introduce the new timetable with extra evening trains, but the department for transport have stopped them doing the timetable changes

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2018, 11:29:54 AM
323216 has gone to Liverpool this morning, quite a rare working nowadays. It will do the 12:34 Liverpool-Birmingham

Have the 323's worked into Euston with any regularity or are they limited to how far "south" they can go ??

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on December 04, 2018, 10:22:36 AM
Have the 323's worked into Euston with any regularity or are they limited to how far "south" they can go ??

Wolverton Works is the furthest south I can remember one getting. They have a safety case to Euston, but I don't ever remembering one get there

Bob

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 09:20:42 AM
The delay was while they fetched an extra two carriages for the 23:19.
West Midlands Railway would be running 4 cars on every service if Nationalised Network Rail weren't a year behind with the electrification and platform extensions. From Next week the Government is also to blame as WMR were going to introduce the new timetable with extra evening trains, but the department for transport have stopped them doing the timetable changes

The markets are on. The 23.19 is extraordinarily busy...why do they have to "Fetch" two Carriages? Why arent they on there in the first place?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 04, 2018, 03:11:56 PM
The markets are on. The 23.19 is extraordinarily busy...why do they have to "Fetch" two Carriages? Why arent they on there in the first place?

The problem is that service stables in Wolverhampton Station on a Saturday night/Sunday morning and there is only room for two carriages there, so as well as getting them to New Street in the first place they have to get someone to uncouple them and take two back to Tyseley at 01:00.

As I said WMR have the solution ready - four car 350s, but it is Network Rail causing the problems

Bob

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 03:26:42 PM
The problem is that service stables in Wolverhampton Station on a Saturday night/Sunday morning and there is only room for two carriages there, so as well as getting them to New Street in the first place they have to get someone to uncouple them and take two back to Tyseley at 01:00.

As I said WMR have the solution ready - four car 350s, but it is Network Rail causing the problems

Now the lines electrified why cant they run electrics to the current timetable i remember ages and ages ago someone saying on here pissibly even yourself that 323s etc could appear poss starting at weekends

Bob

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 03:26:42 PM

Maybe they need a rethink about the stabling thing two carriages on the final service is woefully inadequate at the best of times

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 04, 2018, 04:25:42 PM
Now the lines electrified why cant they run electrics to the current timetable i remember ages and ages ago someone saying on here pissibly even yourself that 323s etc could appear poss starting at weekends

Because it's not finished or switched on.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 04, 2018, 04:27:46 PM
Maybe they need a rethink about the stabling thing two carriages on the final service is woefully inadequate at the best of times

I agree with you on it being inadequate but WMR have the solution  in a fully prepared timetable and plan that should have been  auctioned 12 months ago. Perhaps you migh like to suggest other stalling points available. The unit off that train sits in Wolverhampton overnight (and Sunday) and operates the first train of the day from Rugeley

Bob

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 04:40:15 PM
Because it's not finished or switched on.

I thought they were made live in October?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 04, 2018, 05:14:09 PM
I thought they were made live in October?

They were tested in October, but still not permanently live

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 10:27:44 AM
Wolverton Works is the furthest south I can remember one getting. They have a safety case to Euston, but I don't ever remembering one get there

Many thanks for that. It was one of those questions I have been meaning to ask for ages !! :)

Bob

Quote from: Tony on December 04, 2018, 04:44:28 PM
I agree with you on it being inadequate but WMR have the solution  in a fully prepared timetable and plan that should have been  auctioned 12 months ago. Perhaps you migh like to suggest other stalling points available. The unit off that train sits in Wolverhampton overnight (and Sunday) and operates the first train of the day from Rugeley

Could they not go back to tyseley and start from there on a Sunday?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 04, 2018, 06:57:27 PM
Could they not go back to tyseley and start from there on a Sunday?

Then Wolverhampton drivers/conductors have now work.

There are capacity problems at Tyseley as well. That is why trains are parked in Wolverhampton, New Street and Leamington Stations. There is virtually no room at any depot in the West Midlands which is why Duddeston depot is being built.

BK63 YWP

Will some 350s be stabled at soho once the 730s arrive and the 323s depart for pastures new?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk