News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

Second day with delays and cancellations on the Bromsgrove electrics. Add the never ending poor time keeping of trains from Hereford  . . . . . . .  >:(   

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 17, 2018, 10:14:07 PM
Second day with delays and cancellations on the Bromsgrove electrics. Add the never ending poor time keeping of trains from Hereford  . . . . . . .  >:(

Shock horror trains delayed in leaf fall season

mikestone

On Friday at least two trains ran via Lifford curve and back through New St to go via Stourbridge.

Bob

Can anyone tell me when the bridge at Landywood will be open to vehicles again please?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Bob on November 19, 2018, 03:44:51 PM
Can anyone tell me when the bridge at Landywood will be open to vehicles again please?

According to the Express & Star, up to 6 months while it is replaced.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 19, 2018, 03:50:45 PM
According to the Express & Star, up to 6 months while it is replaced.

6 months? Jesus! Plus the roadworks in Churchbridge!

Tony

Quote from: Bob on November 19, 2018, 04:54:37 PM
6 months? Jesus! Plus the roadworks in Churchbridge!

It reopened last Friday

Bob

Quote from: Tony on November 19, 2018, 07:54:51 PM
It reopened last Friday

Definetely Tony? So ill be able to drive over from the Cheslyn Hay end?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on November 19, 2018, 08:30:56 PM
Definetely Tony? So ill be able to drive over from the Cheslyn Hay end?

X51 reverted to normal line of route on Friday

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on November 17, 2018, 10:36:19 PM
Shock horror trains delayed in leaf fall season

Not disputing that factor at all. I was looking at the bigger picture since the end of summer. Electric units failing and OHW and signalling problems have shut the line between Kings Norton to New Street a number of times. Add to this the continuing pathing problems through Foregate Street and Ledbury only add to the on-going unreliability.

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 21, 2018, 10:58:54 AM
Not disputing that factor at all. I was looking at the bigger picture since the end of summer. Electric units failing and OHW and signalling problems have shut the line between Kings Norton to New Street a number of times. Add to this the continuing pathing problems through Foregate Street and Ledbury only add to the on-going unreliability.

How many electric units have failed? None of the others can be blamed on West Midlands Trains.

Stuharris 6360

For those who are fed up with rail delays, why not have your own portable departure board for your home, available at

https://ukdepartureboards.co.uk/

Then if your train is delayed you can have a few extra minutes in bed.

The inventor is also saying that shortly it will be able to display bus departure boards from throughout Britain.

Seriously, saw Geoff Marshall (of Londonist and All The Stations fame) demonstrating one of these on you tube, why anybody would want to spend well over a hundred pounds to do what most train company websites do is beyond me.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 21, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
For those who are fed up with rail delays, why not have your own portable departure board for your home, available at

https://ukdepartureboards.co.uk/

Then if your train is delayed you can have a few extra minutes in bed.

The inventor is also saying that shortly it will be able to display bus departure boards from throughout Britain.

Seriously, saw Geoff Marshall (of Londonist and All The Stations fame) demonstrating one of these on you tube, why anybody would want to spend well over a hundred pounds to do what most train company websites do is beyond me.
I agree why would abybody, want one when they can already find that out on the enternet, especially since they're trying to sell them at £160.
In addition, when i've used the train and they've cancelled one they will cancel it at the last minute, so its no use by then as you'll already be at the station then.
Same for bus departures, I can find that out using the NX app, which doesn't cost me anything.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

windy miller

on the subject of delays I doubt if Northern train customers have fared any better this
year On my return from Blackpool North Northern cancelled my connecting service from BPN
   with less than 10 mins prior notice and the substitute bus replacement to Preston arrived
    well after my VT connection had left. I complained to Northern Rail and claimed a 'delay
    repay' payment . To my complete surprise within 10 days I received a Cash voucher for
     £9 in the post!!!...... >:( >:(
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Kevin

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 21, 2018, 04:44:27 PM

For exactly the same reason I have an 80 quid clock.
Yeah I can just look at the time on my phone, but it looks bloody cool. If I had the money hell I'd buy one of these displays
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk