News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: Bob on August 10, 2018, 08:26:43 PM
Were WMR/LM ones originally intended for longer distance services?

Given that ScotRail and Cross Country operate them on long distance services yes. Cross Country have them on the Cardiff to Nottingham service which passes through New Street.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

D10

Quote from: Bob on August 10, 2018, 08:26:43 PM
Were WMR/LM ones originally intended for longer distance services?

They were first used by Central Trains across their then network. So the units were shared out in 2007 with some staying on more local trains with LM and others went to Cross Country for use on the Stansted, Nottingham and Cardiff routes. The Cross Country ones have been refurbished so you can't see that they would once have looked the same inside as the WMR/ LM ones.

Bob

Quote from: D10 on August 10, 2018, 09:09:19 PM
They were first used by Central Trains across their then network. So the units were shared out in 2007 with some staying on more local trains with LM and others went to Cross Country for use on the Stansted, Nottingham and Cardiff routes. The Cross Country ones have been refurbished so you can't see that they would once have looked the same inside as the WMR/ LM ones.

They also have a first class dont they too

mikestone

Quote from: Bob on August 10, 2018, 07:19:30 PM
On 2 carriage journeys theyve got a lot less seats than the 2 carriage 150s previously used.  Horrific outside of the school hols on the 610am trip from Cannock which is PERMANENTLY 2 carriage and which now will continue to be for another winter due to NR putting back the electrification completion again. Even worse in rush hour if the 153 attached has failed. Totally inadequate, chase line passenger numbers were and are increading so they got rid of the 150s and awapped them for lower capacity trains.....
Who says electrification has been put back. As far as I am aware it is only the timetable changes that have been postponed? There seems no reason the current service could not be emu worked.

Bob

Quote from: mikestone on August 11, 2018, 08:11:15 AM
Who says electrification has been put back. As far as I am aware it is only the timetable changes that have been postponed? There seems no reason the current service could not be emu worked.

Theyre not going to be.

Kevin

Quote from: V89MOA on August 10, 2018, 08:08:28 PM
The modern day version of your 170s having less seats than 150s, Aventura coming in that have far less seats than 323s.

But more of them, with every train being 6 carriages long, which has already been stated
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

V89MOA

Quote from: Kevin on August 11, 2018, 08:53:23 AM
But more of them, with every train being 6 carriages long, which has already been stated
Still less peaktime seats per hour, which has also already been stated. Plus more passengers now from Bromsgrove too.

Tony

Quote from: V89MOA on August 11, 2018, 09:33:07 AM
Still less peaktime seats per hour, which has also already been stated. Plus more passengers now from Bromsgrove too.

No, because a lot of peak time trains are still 3 car

Bob

Am i right that Electrics WONT be used on the old timetable on the Chase line between December and May? Or are they planning on running them?

V89MOA

Quote from: Tony on August 11, 2018, 09:47:16 AM
No, because a lot of peak time trains are still 3 car
Do you know exactly how many seats each new unit will have?

mikestone

Quote from: Bob on August 11, 2018, 10:17:42 AM
Am i right that Electrics WONT be used on the old timetable on the Chase line between December and May? Or are they planning on running them?

'
My assumption is that they are waiting an assurance from NR that it will be finished before deciding. From my trips last week I would say that there is a good chance it will be - particularly surprised to see wires on the up fast through Park Street tunnel despite wibble that it was a major problem area,  and that there also appeared to be some bolts for OLE above the down slow there.

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 11, 2018, 10:17:42 AM

It is unlikely, as keeping the old timetable also means keeping current driver diagramming, and some of the drivers are Shrewsbury men who do not sign electric traction

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 10, 2018, 03:30:44 PM
I didnt realise they had any DMUs on order.

There is a mix of two car and four car class 196s on order first ones due mid-2020

Tony

The 'new' class 230s for the Bedford-Bletchley line are due to be released from Long Marston to Bletchley on the 29th or 30th of August

Bob

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2018, 08:15:41 AM
The 'new' class 230s for the Bedford-Bletchley line are due to be released from Long Marston to Bletchley on the 29th or 30th of August

Will that mean 150s are leaving?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk