News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

I've just realised, Sunday service at University now consists of 5/6 trains per hour from/to Birmingham. That's absolutely staggering for a Sunday :o
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

DJ

One of the 172's is now out in the new livery, image courtesy of someone over on the RailUK Forums. It looks a lot nicer than the first 172 they had reliveried.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Sh4318

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 29, 2018, 07:40:39 PM
One of the 172's is now out in the new livery, image courtesy of someone over on the RailUK Forums. It looks a lot nicer than the first 172 they had reliveried.

I'd like it so much more if it didn't have an orange front. I didn't think the original livery (applied to 172339) was that bad. The purple front really suited it in my opinion

Isle of Stroma

Well, if the Oxford English dictionary used illustrations to define words, that would be perfect for 'awfulness'.

BigDaddyCool

Never been more confused! How many different colour schemes are now in place? Which ones are here to stay and which ones are going? Was the 323 that was running around the finished article?

DJ

Quote from: BigDaddyCool on July 31, 2018, 11:09:10 PM
Never been more confused! How many different colour schemes are now in place? Which ones are here to stay and which ones are going? Was the 323 that was running around the finished article?

The orange and white livery as seen on the 323s and 170s is for trains that are leaving the franchise at some point, whereas new trains and ones that are staying, for example then 172s, are getting the full livery.

Just seen a video on YouTube from Yesterday and it showed a class 170 + 153 combo on a Snow Hill Service. I'm guessing a rare allocation.

DJ

Quote from: WB Driver on August 03, 2018, 11:50:21 PM
Just seen a video on YouTube from Yesterday and it showed a class 170 + 153 combo on a Snow Hill Service. I'm guessing a rare allocation.

Not rare at all, that combo is used fairly frequently. I've seen that formation the past few times I've been down the line south of Snow Hill, in fact, and I remember catching one from Galton Bridge to Cradley Heath not long back too.

Trident 4194

It regularly does the 14:42 from Birmingham snow hill towards Kidderminster direction  I believe

Sh4318

This working happens Mon-Fri:
Class 170/6 + 153:
1251 Worcester Shrub Hill - Whitlock's End
1419 Whitlock's End - Worcester Foregate Street
1613 Worcester Foregate Street - Dorridge
1803 Dorridge - Stourbridge Junction

Bob

What is behind all the various black doors at Witton stn? On the walsall bound side? Ive always wondered. I know one leads to a waiting room, but what about the others? Public toilets long closed?

mikestone

I hadn't noticed before but there are two different shades of gold, which makes it look as though some of the white  has peeled off - I am guessing some overpaid image consultant has told TfWM it indicates the network is not yet complete
(If not they can have the idea for free)
But to my mind it just adds to the scruffiness as a result of the peeling off of the NWM logos.

Straightlines

Quote from: mikestone on August 06, 2018, 08:24:25 PM
I hadn't noticed before but there are two different shades of gold, which makes it look as though some of the white  has peeled off - I am guessing some overpaid image consultant has told TfWM it indicates the network is not yet complete
(If not they can have the idea for free)
But to my mind it just adds to the scruffiness as a result of the peeling off of the NWM logos.

I was told that this shade of Gold has been devised to appease Laura Shoaf, MD of TfWM as she has adopted Wolves as her football team. (you think I'm joking!!)

V89MOA

Quote from: Straightlines on August 10, 2018, 09:58:46 AM
I was told that this shade of Gold has been devised to appease Laura Shoaf, MD of TfWM as she has adopted Wolves as her football team. (you think I'm joking!!)
Priorities are sorted then! ::)

Sh4318

Quote from: V89MOA on August 10, 2018, 01:37:02 PM
Priorities are sorted then! ::)

I'd have to argue with that  ;). Is 170503 due to leave WMR then - as it has the gold and silver livery?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk