News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

In the process of erecting new  fencing and some tree felling has been done - perhaps surprisingly in the area of the former locomotive holding sidings on the Aston side of the station.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on June 29, 2018, 02:05:24 PM
In the process of erecting new  fencing and some tree felling has been done - perhaps surprisingly in the area of the former locomotive holding sidings on the Aston side of the station.

Not too surprising, there's going to be a Northbound exit from the depot which will presumably use that land

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: mikestone on June 29, 2018, 02:05:24 PM

I wonder if that track machine is still under all that vegetation?  ;D

Tony

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on June 29, 2018, 08:57:09 PM
I wonder if that track machine is still under all that vegetation?  ;D

I'd forgotton that. I think it was actually scrapped about 5 years ago

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on June 29, 2018, 03:43:41 PM
Not too surprising, there's going to be a Northbound exit from the depot which will presumably use that land
The former slow lines will surely suffice for that.

dingding

As far as I know it was scraped a few years ago

The Real 4778

Quote from: mikestone on June 29, 2018, 10:29:51 PM
The former slow lines will surely suffice for that.

The drawings I've seen show a single lead from 'New Junction' in the vicinity of the old gasworks branch, that fans out approaching the old DCE wagon shop which is still there and won't be affected under the plans.   My guess is that several sites will need to be established within the NR boundary to stable/ deploy yellow plant and hold materials, so there's a chance this veg clearance is part of such 'falsework.'
Don't you start.

WMT3000

An hour with no trains from solihull to any local stations towards Brum. Today's excuse is "an issue with train crew". So skiving work to watch football counts as an issue now. The local mp is going to love this, especially as this company's performance has already been discussed in the House of Commons. Does anyone fancy bidding for a franchise?

OH25

There was a class 172 train that's just pulled into Birmingham New Street, what line is that on?

Quote from: OH25 on July 07, 2018, 04:43:58 PM
There was a class 172 train that's just pulled into Birmingham New Street, what line is that on?
New Street to Hereford, I think.
QuoteHi does anyone know class 172 diagrams that comes to new st over the weekends thanks in advance
Quote15:44 Worcester Shrub Hill - Birmingham New Street [via Camp Hill Lines]
16:50 Birmingham New Street - Hereford

Works back to Dorridge via Snow Hill
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/frequently-requested-diagrams-discussion-updates.89697/page-21#post-3472094
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

B61 ANDREW

RTT says electric unit into Bromsgrove later this evening . . . . . . :o 8)

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on July 07, 2018, 05:24:06 PM
RTT says electric unit into Bromsgrove later this evening . . . . . . :o 8)

Yes - few more test runs booked

mikestone

Most if not all the stored cl.365s not taken by Scotrail  have been moved to Northampton - it has been suggested they may be being taken on by LNw to replace the 319s.

Roy

All West Midlands Railway timetable improvements planned for December 2018 have been postponed until May 2019 by the Rail Delivery Group after the fiascos at GTR and Northern.

Westy

Quote from: Roy on July 10, 2018, 10:04:11 AM
All West Midlands Railway timetable improvements planned for December 2018 have been postponed until May 2019 by the Rail Delivery Group after the fiascos at GTR and Northern.

So no Walsall to London till later?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk