News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Westy on June 02, 2018, 03:39:18 PM
What a good idea ! LOL

For those moments when a 40-2000 ton train just isn't enough?  ::)

Bob

Quote from: Bob on June 02, 2018, 10:21:52 AM
Is the 4.42 to RTV from New St now a 3 car?

Hopefully Tony will know the answer to this...ive got to suffer that trip on Monday

Tony

Quote from: Bob on June 02, 2018, 06:14:08 PM
Hopefully Tony will know the answer to this...ive got to suffer that trip on Monday

It is.

It's now booked as a 2x170+1x153.

The 30min off peak service means different units end up on different evening peak services and the 16:42 is now covered by the stock that used to do the 16:12.

To keep the 16:12 as 3 cars the 07:08 from Rugeley in the morning is now booked a 170/6 and that stays out all day to make the 16:12

Tony

From December with the new timetable the 350s on the chase line do odd things. With the hourly service going through to Euston, the other services on the other half hour will be Rugeley to Birmingham International replacing the 'International dodger'. When it gets to International it will then do an International to Liverpool service, so every train on the chase line will be worked by a different unit.

Bob

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2018, 06:32:26 PM
It is.

It's now booked as a 2x170+1x153.

Yes my mate catches 724 from Landywood and used to hope for a seat on the 153, but with the 3 car 170 and consequent seating reduction he rarely gets on now unfortunately. He was on about this last night

The 30min off peak service means different units end up on different evening peak services and the 16:42 is now covered by the stock that used to do the 16:12.

To keep the 16:12 as 3 cars the 07:08 from Rugeley in the morning is now booked a 170/6 and that stays out all day to make the 16:12

Bob

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2018, 06:35:47 PM
From December with the new timetable the 350s on the chase line do odd things. With the hourly service going through to Euston, the other services on the other half hour will be Rugeley to Birmingham International replacing the 'International dodger'. When it gets to International it will then do an International to Liverpool service, so every train on the chase line will be worked by a different unit.

Which type of 350s are going to be used do you know? The 2 +2 seaters or the 3+2 ?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on June 02, 2018, 06:54:33 PM
Which type of 350s are going to be used do you know? The 2 +2 seaters or the 3+2 ?

Eventually all 2+2 seating as those are the only ones staying, but I suspect a mix initially

Bob

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2018, 07:16:50 PM
Eventually all 2+2 seating as those are the only ones staying, but I suspect a mix initially

Will the 2 +2 be able to cope do you think? Esp if patronage continues to increase? Maybe 323s wouldnt have been a bad idea after all 😛

WMT3000

Quote from: Roy on June 02, 2018, 02:52:12 PM
Some WMR trains on the Stourbridge line to/from Worcester have been subject to delays due to trespassers on the line in Worcester.  Looking at Realtime Trains, most services between Stourbridge and Birmingham seem to be running okay, although those coming up from Worcester are up to 30 minutes late.  There's not a lot a train company can do about trespassers apart from supplying their drivers with machine guns!

It is the Metro which has been cancelled between West Bromwich and Birmingham and it seems that this was due to a person being hit by a tram near West Bromwich.
I take your point about trespassers. The fact that trains are still delayed hours later does suggest a lack of organisation though. The reason i posted was that i was sat on The Hawthorns station when they announced that a train to whitlocks end was delayed due to damage to the overhead wires. This is just a lie and also an indication of how stupid WMR think their passengers are. I'm keeping a record of the amount of time that i'm being delayed by for the whole year and then i'm going to send WMR an invoice (i believe the rate of compensation has now been standardised and is also now legally enforcable by passengers). If this company operated in any other industry the managers would have had the sack by now, not only due to the company's inability to run trains on time, but for employing untrained, rude staff, and the ridiculous excuses that passengers are palmed off with daily.

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on June 02, 2018, 06:35:47 PM
At least they will be able to minimidse the inevitable fiasco from combining routes by cutting out the International bit!

Bob

15.12 from brum was cancelled today due to a broken down train...lady on the train who said she worked on the railways said its cos the door had been booted off its runners at hednesford ooooooerrrr

The Real 4778

Quote from: WMT3000 on June 03, 2018, 01:26:34 AM
I take your point about trespassers. The fact that trains are still delayed hours later does suggest a lack of organisation though. The reason i posted was that i was sat on The Hawthorns station when they announced that a train to whitlocks end was delayed due to damage to the overhead wires. This is just a lie and also an indication of how stupid WMR think their passengers are. I'm keeping a record of the amount of time that i'm being delayed by for the whole year and then i'm going to send WMR an invoice (i believe the rate of compensation has now been standardised and is also now legally enforcable by passengers). If this company operated in any other industry the managers would have had the sack by now, not only due to the company's inability to run trains on time, but for employing untrained, rude staff, and the ridiculous excuses that passengers are palmed off with daily.

I shall put your points to those very good friends of mine who are senior managers and directors within the business and see what they say.
Don't you start.

BusMan Greg

Does anyone have any idea when Abellio will start painting the trains in their colors

Bob

Anyone know whats happened on Chase Line today?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on June 11, 2018, 03:28:30 PM
Anyone know whats happened on Chase Line today?

The train I was on . The 0651 from Hednesford, one of the new wiring hangers that wasn't secured properly on the overnight work just outside Walsall. So everything stopped for two hours while it was fixed

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk