News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

mikestone

Quote from: Bob on May 12, 2018, 04:26:04 PM
Also how did the 14.15 manage to run to new st??? How did it circumvent the stranded 323? When earlier trains such as the one i was on couldnt
Because the damage was done by the 12.20 Wolverhampton-Walsall and presumably diesels could pass and WMR are lumbered with London Midland's failure to maintain route knowledge via Darlaston.

Bob

Was it the train that actually caused the damage?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on May 14, 2018, 10:53:56 AM
Was it the train that actually caused the damage?

I doubt that will be made public.

There are normally 4 causes to wires down

1) Wind - I doubt this was the cause on saturday
2) Faulty Pantograph
3) Fault with the wiring (loose connection or insulator)
4) Object on the overhead (sometimes if a piece of rope or something has been thrown off a bridge and is resting on the wire the pantograph can entangle it around the wire and pull it down

Tony

The first electric train to Bromsgrove is booked to be a test train this Sunday if anyone wants to see it.

It should be 2x323 (six cars)

Times are here
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S64689/2018/05/20/advanced

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2018, 03:37:13 PM
The first electric train to Bromsgrove is booked to be a test train this Sunday if anyone wants to see it.
Thank you for the info . There are posters on the platforms at Bromsgrove advising that the wires went live last Sunday [ 13th ]  so I did wonder when EMU's would appear. Todays route learning run were utilising a 170 as usual. :D   

DJ

Quote from: Tony on May 18, 2018, 03:37:13 PM

It should be 2x323 (six cars)

Times are here
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/S64689/2018/05/20/advanced

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try and make it down there.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

B61 ANDREW

Two more runs in the system, timed to arrive Bromsgrove at 22.00 and 23.20. So both day and night photo's possible.  :o

Kevin

Aiming to head down tomorrow night to see them, walking from Bromsgrove to Barnt Green (I have access to both scout campsites along the bank). Actually quite excited
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Roy on May 20, 2018, 07:34:02 PM
It is running and left Soho 20 minutes late.

Was shown cancelled when I posted originally

B61 ANDREW

I checked RTT around 19.15 and it showed cancelled so I decided to stay at home and sit out in the garden , just re-checked and yes , it's shown as running again . . . . . . .  :-[ >:(

Kevin

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on May 20, 2018, 08:41:01 PM
I checked RTT around 19.15 and it showed cancelled so I decided to stay at home and sit out in the garden , just re-checked and yes , it's shown as running again . . . . . . .  :-[ >:(

It ran, issue at the depot itself left 20 late, but had no problems at Bromsgrove
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Looking at the chase line Sat timetable. Its added around 5 mins onto the "on the hour" daytime trips from Cannock

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk