News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on May 01, 2018, 09:26:29 PM
Well unfortunately @Bob you are stuck with the 170s (which in my opinion are very reliable!) until the EMUs start.

@Tony can class 172s be used on any other line apart from the snow hill lines ?

They are cleared for Worcester to New Street via Five Ways and Camp Hill.

Not yet cleared for Shrewsbury, Rugeley or even Leamington to Coventry yet

DJ

Quote from: Tony on May 01, 2018, 09:40:40 PM
They are cleared for Worcester to New Street via Five Ways and Camp Hill.

Not yet cleared for Shrewsbury, Rugeley or even Leamington to Coventry yet

Would they also be technically cleared for going further south than Leamington, or is there a larger difference between Chiltern's and WMR's 172s other than the gangways?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

D10

Quote from: Kevin on May 01, 2018, 01:16:44 PM
So that bay platform they're building at Cov specifically for the Nuneaton train is gonna be redundant then?

From one of the WMT stakeholder presentations last year, it looks like the Nuneaton line will run at a higher frequency and so the need for the bay platform:

• We will double the services between Nuneaton and Coventry SX and SU via the Ricoh Stadium after
completion of the new bay platform at Coventry. We will replace the single car train with 2 car Class
172 trains. On Saturdays we will run 3 trains per hour

mikestone

Been to Kenilworth today - despite all the delay there is no signage between the town and station for pedestrians, and if you leave the station by the exit rather than the cafe you miss the local area map. Nor did there seem to be anything other than trains being on screens to draw attention to their existence .
However since Monday the 153s have been programmed to show Kenilworth.
I also notice that weirdly their system map shows buses from Stoke to Norton Bridge but not Stafford!

Other Walsall Tony

Does anyone know what caused the delays around Worcester yesterday, 5/5?
Tony

Roy

Quote from: Tony on April 19, 2018, 05:47:36 PM
The livery on 172339 is only on vinyl, not painted and might not be the livery the fleet is put into. TfWM have another idea.

It was confirmed at the Stourbridge Line User Group public meeting last night that the livery on 172 339 is a one off.  The new livery will be purple and orange but the orange will feature far more prominently than on 172 339.

Sh4318

Quote from: Roy on May 09, 2018, 12:12:58 PM
It was confirmed at the Stourbridge Line User Group public meeting last night that the livery on 172 339 is a one off.  The new livery will be purple and orange but the orange will feature far more prominently than on 172 339.

Any idea when repaints will begin?
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Roy

Quote from: Sh4318 on May 10, 2018, 12:01:04 AM
Any idea when repaints will begin?

Nothing confirmed.  I think that finishing touches are still being made to the final livery design.

mikestone

THey might be better advised to concentrate on things that matter. The CIS at Kenilworth on Monday had already defaulted to showing contact national rail enquires on Monday, a whole week after the station opened - or what about ensuring the escalators at New Street work consistently.

Bob

Quote from: mikestone on May 10, 2018, 05:02:08 PM
THey might be better advised to concentrate on things that matter. The CIS at Kenilworth on Monday had already defaulted to showing contact national rail enquires on Monday, a whole week after the station opened - or what about ensuring the escalators at New Street work consistently.

Wouldnt the escalators issue be a network rail one?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on May 10, 2018, 05:07:57 PM
Wouldnt the escalators issue be a network rail one?

Yes, and useless they are too

BusMan Greg

I never knew WMR did a service between walsall and lime street

Tony

Quote from: BusMan Greg on May 10, 2018, 06:01:05 PM
I never knew WMR did a service between walsall and lime street

There's more than 1

Bob

Quote from: Tony on May 10, 2018, 05:53:58 PM
Yes, and useless they are too

I suppose if they were privatised escalators theyd be wonderful Tony? Like everything else?

Westy

Quote from: Tony on May 10, 2018, 06:16:20 PM
There's more than 1

Isnt there supposed to be a Walsall to London service now?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk