News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on April 05, 2018, 10:12:34 PM
Anything to do with OHL equipment being tested ??  :-\    Possibly the Network Rail Sprinter ??

I've been told that's not until the 11th May

B61 ANDREW

I guess it could be driver training but that seems unusual as it is on a diesel unit.  Do the drivers of electric units on the Cross City line just work exclusively on that route ??  :o

mikestone

Quote from: Solo1 on April 05, 2018, 06:13:16 PM
Train problems Brum to b'ham international major incident
Two seperate incidents of person hit by train.

The Real 4778

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on April 05, 2018, 10:12:34 PM
Anything to do with OHL equipment being tested ??  :-\    Possibly the Network Rail Sprinter ??

How could a DMU test OHLE? 

Asking for a friend.  ;)
Don't you start.

mikestone

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on April 06, 2018, 11:46:18 AM
I guess it could be driver training but that seems unusual as it is on a diesel unit.  Do the drivers of electric units on the Cross City line just work exclusively on that route ??  :o
They need to have somebody who knows the road, so it makes no difference if they learn it on an electric or diesel, although it might be wise to give them some handling experience.
;
Bromsgrove electrics are shown turning at Longbridge under short term planning STP W/C 20 May.
;
Kenilworth services now cancelled w/c 16/04.

B61 ANDREW

If RTT is correct , these workings start this Monday 9th. Arriving and departing from Platform 3 so I guess this platform is the one to be used when[ever] the public service commences.  ;D

B61 ANDREW

I should have put "could" start on Monday 9th , as they are "Q" path's.  :)

mikestone

Just noticed that the schedules for the new timetable have been altered to show the Bromsgrove times as "not advertised" and at the same time now showing stops in every train at Barnt Green - anyone heard anything or is it just incompetence?

;
I hadn't previously noticed before but all Chase Line trains will be all stations from Walsall, presumably taking advantage of line speed changes.

Bob

Quote from: mikestone on April 09, 2018, 10:25:18 PM
Just noticed that the schedules for the new timetable have been altered to show the Bromsgrove times as "not advertised" and at the same time now showing stops in every train at Barnt Green - anyone heard anything or is it just incompetence?

;
I hadn't previously noticed before but all Chase Line trains will be all stations from Walsall, presumably taking advantage of line speed changes.

ALL stations from Walsall? From when???Thats really gonna make it more attractive!

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on April 10, 2018, 05:26:27 AM
ALL stations from Walsall? From when???Thats really gonna make it more attractive!

Indeed it will, all those people at Hamstead and Perry Barr now getting double the services, yes please, might entice me away from the X51
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Bob on April 10, 2018, 05:26:27 AM

I'm sure stopping all trains at Landywood , Bloxwich North and Bloxwich won't put any off other than professional moaners

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2018, 07:40:29 AM
I'm sure stopping all trains at Landywood , Bloxwich North and Bloxwich won't put any off other than professional moaners

Ah wait. All stations from Walsall in which direction? Me and Bob might have the wrong end of the stick here
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on April 10, 2018, 07:45:31 AM
Ah wait. All stations from Walsall in which direction? Me and Bob might have the wrong end of the stick here

North of Walsall. The timetable south of Walsall isn't changing

Bob

So nothings changing then? Apart from losing the handy Saturday fast ones?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on April 10, 2018, 02:18:01 PM
So nothings changing then? Apart from losing the handy Saturday fast ones?

Plenty changing Bob. From May 30 min frequency all day. From December hourly service direct to London

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk