News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Bob on October 21, 2018, 06:04:14 PM
Pity theyve put it back till May. Another winter of 2 carriage early morning trips. Apparently theyve short formed one of the 3 carriage morning trips on several occasions recently ( poss the 715 ish one) and theres been a fair few tweets about it. Ive cancelled my train pass. Only have to go to brum once a week now. When it expires in a couple of weeks im gonna use the X51

I believe DfT put the timetable back not WMR, also it does not stop WMR using EMUs if they are available once the the line is handed over like the bromsgrove trains started in July
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Bob

Guy who works for them who often gets the train back said there wont be any electric trains used till may

Tony

Freight train derailment between Tame Bridge and Bescot Stadium at the moment.

No trains north of Tame Bridge

mikestone

1 wagon of a shunt between the up and down yards off in the yard.

Sh4318

To their credit, West Midlands Railway are flying through these 172/3 repaints.

Only 333, 334, 336, 339 (in original vinyl WMR wrap), 343, 344, 345 still in LM colours (as far as I know)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Solo1

Who is running the rail replacement to moor st/snowhill tomorrow & Sunday as track work

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on October 26, 2018, 10:14:26 PM
Who is running the rail replacement to moor st/snowhill tomorrow & Sunday as track work
NXWM have two of the JLR coaches on Standby at Solihull

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Tony on October 27, 2018, 08:40:41 AM
NXWM have two of the JLR coaches on Standby at Solihull

I believe Johnsons are also providing coaches.

What an awful service on the Snow Hill line this morning!
I got to Acocks Green station at 08:15 and waited an hour till 09:15 for a train to Solihull.
First they cancelelled the 08:26 to Dorridge due to "slippery rails".
And then they decided to make the awful decision to cancel the next one to Dorridge at 08:49 due to a "group of passengers causing a disturbance on the train". what a silly excuse, why do they need to cancel the train for that! Does anyone know what happened, surely it can't be difficult to remove them if needed and carry on.
Then the next turned up a few minutes late. Meanwhile, whilst there were no trains stopping there a load of Chiltern trains went past, what's stopping them from stopping one of these at Acocks Green to replace the 2 cancelled trains.
It surprises me anyone can rely on this dreadful service.
I certainly won't be using it again. I'll go back to using the X2 to the Swan this evening. The X2 may take a bit longer, but at least it's reliable and one will turn up.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on November 12, 2018, 12:09:19 PM
I got to Acocks Green station at 08:15 and waited an hour till 09:15 for a train to Solihull.

They actually ran that one non-stop from Moor Street to Dorridge empty to make up lost time, when that decision was made the one behind was running on time, so not a bad decision

And then they decided to make the awful decision to cancel the next one to Dorridge at 08:49 due to a "group of passengers causing a disturbance on the train". what a silly excuse, why do they need to cancel the train for that! Does anyone know what happened, surely it can't be difficult to remove them if needed and carry on.

Do you know what actually happened, perhaps you might like to remove a rowdy load of passengers from a train before saying that. The alarm was pulled by a passenger, so presumably they had to wait for the police

Then the next turned up a few minutes late. Meanwhile, whilst there were no trains stopping there a load of Chiltern trains went past, what's stopping them from stopping one of these at Acocks Green to replace the 2 cancelled trains.

By a load, you mean 2, the first had already left Birmingham by the time the 'Rowdy passenger' problem had occurred, and the second one of those was 20 late due to getting stuck behind the rowdy passenger train so only just in front of the one that actually ran

I certainly won't be using it again. I'll go back to using the X2 to the Swan this evening. The X2 may take a bit longer, but at least it's reliable and one will turn up.

So, the X2 has never been delayed by ice or rowdy passengers?

Stu

Ten minute walk to Acocks Green village from the station, fifteen minute bus ride to Solihull on the 4, job done.  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

I use the service everyday, and I manage to cope. I probably would've got a train to Moor Street and change for a Chiltern service to Solihull, if I were in your situation
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Quote from: Stu on November 12, 2018, 06:26:56 PM
Ten minute walk to Acocks Green village from the station, fifteen minute bus ride to Solihull on the 4, job done.  ;)
I would have got the X2 from the Swan, but I though i'd get the train in this instance, as I expected it to be quicker.
They didn't cancel them till the last minute, when they cancelled the 08:26 I expected the next one tor turn up and by the time they'd canceled the 08:49, it was already 08:49, so I decided I may as well wait for the 09:07 as by the time i'd walked down to get the 4 and one turned up, the train will have turned up and would get me into Solihull a lot quicker.

Looking at Real Time Trains, yet again they cancelled the 08:26 to Dorridge this morning, i'm glad I caught the X2 (6890 - Got into Solihull at 08:20 about 50 minutes before the next train would have at 09:10), this morning and didn't attempt to catch it and rely on this awful service. The few times, I've attempted to use the 08:26 and 08:49, they've often cancelled them.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Been a couple of bad days on the Snow Hill lines from Stourbridge with cancellations and short forming, plus this afternoons sad incident at Solihul didn't help matters either.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bob

Anyone know how long the bloody bridge in Landywood is shut for?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk