News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 10, 2021, 04:23:53 PM
Yeah they are a complete disgrace. The Williams review can't come into action fast enough. Twice this week the Wolverhampton- Birmingham New Street (originate from Shrewsbury) has been cancelled.

They (London Northwestern Railway) reduced London-Birmingham service to 1tph, and then run some services with 4 carriages only, it's madness
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

Last Sunday, 4 carriage unit on a Liverpiol to Brum, F&S it was. People were even standing in the one loo!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mikestone

You have to wonder if they have a control office - nothing from New St to Rugeley between 19.11 and 21.49, yet the stoppers to Walsall all ran.

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on July 10, 2021, 10:20:16 PM
You have to wonder if they have a control office - nothing from New St to Rugeley between 19.11 and 21.49, yet the stoppers to Walsall all ran.

For the 20:57 to Walsall they even used the Unit that should have made the 20:47 to Rugeley which was in platform 4c so had to miss Duddeston, Aston, Witton & Perry Barr stops out. If they do have a control office it looks like they always just choose the easiest option

stephen ford

It's a disgrace there are more cancelled trains on Stourbridge. line today than there is running, they might as well not bothered.

dingding

From bitter experiance of the London to Birmingham route yes they always always will without any communication with their passengers.

Ian Hardy

Some of the problems could be they have got staff that are getting pinged to isolate due the world beating track and trace app we have. Also WMR must rely on overtime working at weekends for a high proportion of the services and if none of the staff want to work overtime then with the shortage of the staff due to isolating staff then there is nobody to run them.

Also due to a sporting event going on at 20:00 this evening, I can imagine this will be the reason that lots of services will be cancelled later on today as nobody will want to do overtime:-)

Stu

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 11, 2021, 09:47:55 AM
Some of the problems could be they have got staff that are getting pinged to isolate due the world beating track and trace app we have. Also WMR must rely on overtime working at weekends for a high proportion of the services and if none of the staff want to work overtime then with the shortage of the staff due to isolating staff then there is nobody to run them.

Also due to a sporting event going on at 20:00 this evening, I can imagine this will be the reason that lots of services will be cancelled later on today as nobody will want to do overtime:-)

Yes, that is pretty much what it says here:
Rail services hit as England on track to final
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

dingding

I was talking about those almost forgotten pre COVID days! Seems things improved drastically when there were none of those pesky passengers to slow things down! Sadly its not easy to change things on a railway. Where you can regulate and tweak bus services to fill or minimise gaps its almost impossible to react to late notice change on the railway.

Tony

Quote from: dingding on July 11, 2021, 10:11:21 AM
I was talking about those almost forgotten pre COVID days! Seems things improved drastically when there were none of those pesky passengers to slow things down! Sadly its not easy to change things on a railway. Where you can regulate and tweak bus services to fill or minimise gaps its almost impossible to react to late notice change on the railway.

My daughter wasn't asking for change, just a train home, not sitting at New Street Station for 2 hours and eventually my wife having to drive an pick her up from Walsall because WMT don't seem to have any management over their staff.

stephen ford

I agree Tony the drivers are paid to much compared with bus drivers and do not have the same aggravation to contend with traffic delays and irate or abusive people in your face.

Steveminor

It's not all staffing issues. Sunday night was waiting in new street for lea hall line for the 21.38.(Already very late due to how many bloxwich trains were cancelled). We were stood next to the guard & driver when his train was diverted to make a departure to Wolverhampton. Reason our train was cancelled "shortage of train crew". I mean the guys were standing right there!!!!

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on July 12, 2021, 07:50:34 AM
It's not all staffing issues. Sunday night was waiting in new street for lea hall line for the 21.38.(Already very late due to how many bloxwich trains were cancelled). We were stood next to the guard & driver when his train was diverted to make a departure to Wolverhampton. Reason our train was cancelled "shortage of train crew". I mean the guys were standing right there!!!!

Lea Hall trains leave New Street at xx14 on a Sunday night?

Steveminor

Was scheduled for 21.38 international shuttle ended up on the 22.20 that left at 22.30 through to london.
Think there was an amended timetable in place not really sure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk