News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Metro extension gets go-ahead

Started by Stu, June 21, 2016, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: Stevo on April 02, 2023, 09:14:24 AMWhen I visited last week the station stop wasn't complete, with the area around the rails unfinished, and Pipers Row by the bus station was being dug up for no obvious reason.
Resurfacing in Pipers Row I believe following installation and relocation of underground cables. 

Roy

According to the latest West Midlands Trains Stakeholder Newsletter, West Midlands Metro will be testing its trams outside Wolverhampton station during April.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Roy on April 03, 2023, 12:47:15 PMAccording to the latest West Midlands Trains Stakeholder Newsletter, West Midlands Metro will be testing its trams outside Wolverhampton station during April.
Better tell the workers down there as there were still barriers across the tracks when I went down today.

Gareth

Quote from: Rachvince53 on April 03, 2023, 09:49:21 PMBetter tell the workers down there as there were still barriers across the tracks when I went down today.
Probably barriers up because there's no trams on test yet. I'm sure they'll be removed when it starts.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Gareth on April 03, 2023, 09:52:17 PMProbably barriers up because there's no trams on test yet. I'm sure they'll be removed when it starts.
No platform there either.

ellspurs

Getting ready for the five-year test I guess.

LiamsTransport1

https://twitter.com/WMmetro/status/1643225713745510403?s=20 

Testing started last night - Tram 43 was the first tram along to Wolves Station
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Ginger66

So hopefully it shouldn't take long to train drivers the route,

If they do runs a few runs each night several drivers can be trained at the same time so all drivers are aware of the route 

Jack D

When is the metro extension meant to be opening, as testing as being completed as we speak 

Ginger66

Quote from: Jack D on June 26, 2023, 09:04:34 AMWhen is the metro extension meant to be opening, as testing as being completed as we speak
I know it would be quicker to walk from the station to the royal at this rate 

ellspurs

Ginger66

I thought TfWM runs the public transport and that of midland metro.  I asked them earlier when on god's earth does this extension open and they could not answer the question and directed me to the construction page.

We know the line as been tested but there is still no answer to when the extension opens.  Deadline after deadline as been missed.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Ginger66 on June 26, 2023, 09:07:13 PMI thought TfWM runs the public transport and that of midland metro.  I asked them earlier when on god's earth does this extension open and they could not answer the question and directed me to the construction page.

We know the line as been tested but there is still no answer to when the extension opens.  Deadline after deadline as been missed.

I remember that the extension in Birmingham to the Library opened quite suddenly without any advance notice, so when this extension will open is anyone's guess.

I wish TfWM could be more forthcoming about opening timescales.  I am sorry to say that their comms motto seems to be "keep them guessing".

Ginger66

Quote from: Justin Tyme on June 26, 2023, 09:22:37 PMI remember that the extension in Birmingham to the Library opened quite suddenly without any advance notice, so when this extension will open is anyone's guess.

I wish TfWM could be more forthcoming about opening timescales.  I am sorry to say that their comms motto seems to be "keep them guessing".
There was gossip or hear say that it opens this Sunday or next Tuesday.

Dom

QuoteThere was gossip or hear say that it opens this Sunday or next Tuesday.
Was planned for 4th July, that is no longer happening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk