News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The next West Midlands franchise

Started by Tony, December 09, 2015, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

The ITT only required the combination of existing services rather than any re-introduction of the legally dubious removal of services between Aston and Stechford.

V89MOA

I appreciate there are positives in there but it sounds like the Cross City is getting a bad deal, basically expect longer trains with more standing space and even less chance of getting a seat than now? Especially once more passengers from Bromsgrove are thrown into the mix. Sounds like the Midland Metro all over again unless I have missed something.

RW

Doesn't appear to be any mention of the existing LM Birmingham/London route or have I missed something?

woody38

Use the Stoke London service via Tamworth a lot quicker than going through Brum, but it looks like it's being axed, the trains always seem full when I have used them.

Tony

Quote from: RW on August 10, 2017, 07:55:59 PM
Doesn't appear to be any mention of the existing LM Birmingham/London route or have I missed something?

There is, they have just split the benefits list at Northampton

Cheese

Quote from: woody38 on August 10, 2017, 08:19:54 PM
Use the Stoke London service via Tamworth a lot quicker than going through Brum, but it looks like it's being axed, the trains always seem full when I have used them.

London to Crewe via Trent Valley will continue, but runs direct Stafford to Crewe to allow 8 cars to run all day, Stone, Stoke-on-Trent, Kidsgrove and Alsager to be served by a new Birmingham to Crewe service. Which does mean the gaps at Stone, Kidsgrove and Alsager in the PM will be filled now, instead of the 8 car not stopping.

woody38

Quote from: Cheese on August 11, 2017, 07:36:01 AM
London to Crewe via Trent Valley will continue, but runs direct Stafford to Crewe to allow 8 cars to run all day, Stone, Stoke-on-Trent, Kidsgrove and Alsager to be served by a new Birmingham to Crewe service. Which does mean the gaps at Stone, Kidsgrove and Alsager in the PM will be filled now, instead of the 8 car not stopping.
Cheers Cheese

Roy

The Stourbridge Line User Group Facebook Group has a report that the new franchise will lose all 150, 153, 170, 319 and 323 vehicles and gain 172/0, 350/4 and 230 (for Marston Vale) as well as the new builds.  The poster is a senior transport official.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/407285492711907

Cheese

Quote from: Roy on August 14, 2017, 08:48:50 PM
The Stourbridge Line User Group Facebook Group has a report that the new franchise will lose all 150, 153, 170, 319 and 323 vehicles and gain 172/0, 350/4 and 230 (for Marston Vale) as well as the new builds.  The poster is a senior transport official.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/407285492711907

There was a WMR briefing from Abellio today, those were indeed mentioned in the briefing (from the summary I was sent this afternoon), gaining 172/0 from the Gospel Oak - Barking line and 350/4 from TPE were a few things mentioned.

markcf83

Quote from: Roy on August 14, 2017, 08:48:50 PM

I don't recall London Midland running any class 319 units.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DJ

Quote from: markcf83 on August 15, 2017, 04:37:18 PM
I don't recall London Midland running any class 319 units.

They're used on the Abbey Line, along with peak hour WCML services. They were cascaded from Thameslink so that the 321s they had could be transferred to ScotRail.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

markcf83

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Bob

No 323s for the Chase line then...

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on August 15, 2017, 04:41:57 PM
They're used on the Abbey Line, along with peak hour WCML services. They were cascaded from Thameslink so that the 321s they had could be transferred to ScotRail.

Not quite! Someone at London Midland forgot to renew the lease on the 321s, so Scotrail leased them from the owner. London Midland then had to find something to replace them. 350s currently cannot work the Abbey Line so they had to find something!

Tony

Quote from: Bob on August 15, 2017, 05:42:34 PM
No 323s for the Chase line then...

No looks like either 350s or brand new units

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk