News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 25, 2017, 12:46:45 PM
Seeing that makes me really worried for routes like the 250/251 and 228

Is the Kinver route supported by South Staffs council in any way?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 25, 2017, 12:46:45 PM
Seeing that makes me really worried for routes like the 250/251 and 228

Also the journeys that Hansons did on the 296 and 276 I bet will soon go to.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BK63 YWP

228 I doubt will go due to it is well used, 250 and 251 could potentially go but they are subsidised by Centro

Next for the Diamond takeover I GO any one?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stuharris 6360

It's so sad and the end of an era, Diamond won't care about the routes in the same way that Hansons did.

Today they have registered to cancel the 004, don't know why when they haven't even really had chance to evaluate whether it would work as a route for them. Summer holidays are always quieter, in my opinion, Diamond should have given all the routes 6 months before starting to change anything.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 25, 2017, 02:38:50 PM
It's so sad and the end of an era, Diamond won't care about the routes in the same way that Hansons did.

Today they have registered to cancel the 004, don't know why when they haven't even really had chance to evaluate whether it would work as a route for them. Summer holidays are always quieter, in my opinion, Diamond should have given all the routes 6 months before starting to change anything.

What is to say that Diamond haven't been analysing for some time the routes that Hansons run? It's not like this is a blind buy and it's hardly the first time we've seen Diamond try and purchase Hansons!  It's hardly like they've gone, hmm let's blow some money on Hansons then realising 6 months down the line they've wasted a crap-load more on running non-profiting routes for 6 months.

They have to have a plan, which probably means watching them for a very long time, not forgetting they both operate on the 226!

sonic84

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 25, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

I suspected this would be the first route to go following the takeover.  Especially as the 142 was withdrawn running a similar route east of Halesowen.

Who knows... Maybe they will extend the 13 or the 17 to Harborne commercially as the Halesowen - Harborne corridor will now be only 2 buses an hour compared with 6 buses an hour in October last year.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Dom on August 25, 2017, 04:35:12 PM
What is to say that Diamond haven't been analysing for some time the routes that Hansons run? It's not like this is a blind buy and it's hardly the first time we've seen Diamond try and purchase Hansons!  It's hardly like they've gone, hmm let's blow some money on Hansons then realising 6 months down the line they've wasted a crap-load more on running non-profiting routes for 6 months.

They have to have a plan, which probably means watching them for a very long time, not forgetting they both operate on the 226!

Yes they having been trying to buy Hanson's for a while, after all they hate competition.

Also, how can Diamond operate Hanson services from Sunday when the registrations don't change over till 27th September?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 25, 2017, 09:58:50 PM
Yes they having been trying to buy Hanson's for a while, after all they hate competition.

Also, how can Diamond operate Hanson services from Sunday when the registrations don't change over till 27th September?

Could always do what they did with Redditch/Kiddy and put "On Hire" notices in possibly>

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Hansons Buses Official

The Last Post.
Folks its the end of an era and i`d like to put on record our thanks for the support shown to us on this forum over the years,to all our passengers who supported us and  thanks most of all to our staff for their service.Wherever the future lies for them we thank them and wish them the very best.
That`s  it, Farewell and goodbye.
Hansons  Local  Bus .

Solo1

run the hansons buses on the hansons services   then sept u will have a mix diamond bus /Hanson's there

winston

Who's to say that Hanson's didn't make the first approach to Rotala wishing to sell out? Their latest published accounts showed that costs were rising / profits were falling and the business was deteriorating. Diamond were actually Hanson's competition on the 226. The irregular hourly/half hourly timetable that is registered from 3rd Sept was already registered by Hanson's.

Trident 4194

Diamond operating tommorow then???

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Trident 4194 on August 28, 2017, 07:30:04 PM
Diamond operating tommorow then???

Yes, have seen Hanson's buses on the 124 and 40 in the last few days
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Westy

Suppose we'll get the Hansons buses anywhere within the area like the ex Arrivas?

Jack

Quote from: Chris on August 28, 2017, 08:49:14 PM
Yes, have seen Hanson's buses on the 124 and 40 in the last few days
I saw one the 40, looked bad, seeing one of these in Friar Park was awful!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk