News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 29, 2017, 02:32:51 AM
I reckon, if anything, there's a 226 would not go to half hour service but will go to every 20 minutes instead. It would mean diamond using 6 buses as opposed to their current 4 and hansons 4, but it would still retain a near enough decent frequency ,and more than likely still avoid clashing at the stands on both ends.

Would be good to see 226 go back up to viable fares levels, £3.80 day ticket will actually be a price cut for passengers vs Hansons Day Hopper, for a larger network!

226 every 20 mins could work, 276 placing journeys could go too, 227/228 simplified into one route MH-Kinver, or even add the 580 runs to offer a Kidderminster-Stourbridge alternative route, maybe even incorporating the WCC tendered 9/9A to Cookley? 296 journeys could be incorporated into other services, 004 I guess it's a case of analyse the loadings following 244 introduction/142 withdrawal. Otherwise 13/17 could be integrated into the 004 for the MH-Halesowen section?

B61 ANDREW

Sad to see them go. I guess it is all down to finances at the end of the day.

BusFan94

Why couldn't Centro give them some More money or time.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

markcf83

Quote from: BusFan94 on July 29, 2017, 04:27:36 PM
Why couldn't Centro give them some More money or time.

Why should they prop up bus operators? When London Forest defaulted on their Walthamstow contracts the company was closed.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Solo1

I take it the cash boxes wil.be taken out of the hansons fleet once tjeybmove over to diamond depot , get painted

BK63 YWP

I think Hanson's own the 57 and 10 plate e200s?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on July 29, 2017, 02:30:25 AM
One thing I would like diamond to do, but I doubt they would do it would be to extend the 580 to Stourbridge along the current 227 route, maybe using the 227 number for it.

Kinver services have every potential to be run out of Kidderminster so some sort of through route may not seem such a crazy idea, could even take back the Cookley/Caunsall (can't remember the number now) and run that through to Kinver and Stourbridge
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Get rid of the 25 and go Stourbridge-kinver-kidderminster

BK63 YWP

Why get rid of the 25 it's the fastest direct route into kiddeeminister

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on July 30, 2017, 04:19:44 PM
Why get rid of the 25 it's the fastest direct route into kiddeeminister

With Diamond's increased presence at Merry Hill, now might be the time to seriously explore the possibility of providing a Kidderminster - Merry Hill via Stourbridge route by extending the 25 and launch well before the run up to Xmas.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Winston on July 30, 2017, 04:29:29 PM
With Diamond's increased presence at Merry Hill, now might be the time to seriously explore the possibility of providing a Kidderminster - Merry Hill via Stourbridge route by extending the 25 and launch well before the run up to Xmas.

I was thinking that, would link kiddeeminister to merry hill in around 45 mins via Penfields

X10 Gornal Wood

winston

Quote from: Chris on July 30, 2017, 05:04:27 PM
I was thinking that, would link kiddeeminister to merry hill in around 45 mins via Penfields

A journey time around that sort of time might prove to be quite attractive, it would also gives Kidderminster locals the option of a day out in the poorer weather/winter months, where they may typically choose Stourport / Bewdley & Bridgnorth in the better weather/summer months.

Kevin

Quote from: Winston on July 30, 2017, 05:10:13 PM
A journey time around that sort of time might prove to be quite attractive, it would also gives Kidderminster locals the option of a day out in the poorer weather/winter months, where they may typically choose Stourport / Bewdley & Bridgnorth in the better weather/summer months.

You'd imagine that with the local Stourbridge - Merry Hill traffic they could even get away with up to half hourly
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

sonic84

Quote from: Chris on July 30, 2017, 05:04:27 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me. Would be a bit similar to the short lived Weekend only 252 Hansons used to run between Kidderminster and Merry Hill.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on July 30, 2017, 08:12:21 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me. Would be a bit similar to the short lived Weekend only 252 Hansons used to run between Kidderminster and Merry Hill.

It might have more chance of success this time around, with Diamond having a network of services bother Kidderminster & Black Country ends, network tickets will be far more useful.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk