News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

@Trident 4194 do you have a reg number

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 17, 2017, 03:37:45 PM
@Trident 4194 do you have a reg number

Unfortunately not @the trainbasher but it does have hansons logo on front so may be permanent?

Hansons Buses Official

KX59CZH is the silver bus added to fleet.J

the trainbasher

Cheers @Hansons Buses Official.

Is it a permanent acquisition or on loan

Also, has the SR gone back as well?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Hansons Buses Official

Permanent addition to fleet,and the solo has gone back.J

Trident 4194

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on May 17, 2017, 06:42:24 PM
KX59CZH is the silver bus added to fleet.J

Nice bus with a very smart interior

1511 been withdrawn??

Ashley 60171

Where do 0520/0521 ply their trade these days?

Trident 4194

winston

See Rotala PLc thread for full info - Hanson's are to be acquired by Rotala Plc.

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3687.15

Solo1

I didnt think Margaret  was selling up wonder what made her change her mind

PM

Quote from: Solo1 on July 28, 2017, 02:14:17 PM
I didnt think Margaret  was selling up wonder what made her change her mind

I'd guess the right offer at the right time, the Hansons business isn't particularly profitable in its current form and the local bus industry is particularly tough at the moment.

winston

Quote from: PM on July 28, 2017, 02:34:51 PM
I'd guess the right offer at the right time, the Hansons business isn't particularly profitable in its current form and the local bus industry is particularly tough at the moment.

If you look at the latest accounts for Hanson's, profits have fallen since they took on all those tendered routes, they are rapidly heading for breakeven. I assume Margret may retain the current Hanson's depot and sell it separately. I would guess that the Hanson's fleet & routes will be absorbed in to Diamond @ Tividale (as per Ludlows) to strip out engineering costs from the current Hanson's business.

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 28, 2017, 02:54:53 PM
If you look at the latest accounts for Hanson's, profits have fallen since they took on all those tendered routes, they are rapidly heading for breakeven. I assume Margret may retain the current Hanson's depot and sell it separately. I would guess that the Hanson's fleet & routes will be absorbed in to Diamond @ Tividale (as per Ludlows) to strip out engineering costs from the current Hanson's business.

Exactly, it offers a good potential for economies of scale, Rotala's fuel has been hedged etc, plus many of Hansons newer vehicles may be leased, and other vehicles sourced within Rotala's existing fleet can replace them.

The circa £12k profit they made in the latest accounts is unsustainable, proof if needed of how tough the bus business has become. I wouldn't imagine they're the only WM independent to be struggling...

Stuharris 6360

Still think it is such a shame that a good bus company is sadly having to be sold. Certainly bus services around the Stourbridge area won't be the same anymore​.

Certainly I now fear for the continuation of certain of Hanson's routes.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

PM

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 28, 2017, 03:57:35 PM
Still think it is such a shame that a good bus company is sadly having to be sold. Certainly bus services around the Stourbridge area won't be the same anymore​.

Certainly I now fear for the continuation of certain of Hanson's routes.

Many of the routes are supported/part supported it's worth remembering.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk