News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 23, 2017, 08:44:10 PM
004 timetable on network West Midlands only going to harts green wherever that is

Here - https://goo.gl/maps/wp5ZFZ8hSNH2

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 23, 2017, 08:49:44 PM
Here - https://goo.gl/maps/wp5ZFZ8hSNH2

Not a bad idea of a route. PVR will be 3 I assume. Leaving diamond alone on the harborne section..

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 23, 2017, 08:55:55 PM
Not a bad idea of a route. PVR will be 3 I assume. Leaving diamond alone on the harborne section..

Route it will take to Welsh House Farm I think - https://goo.gl/maps/a53nn2ewnF52

Looking at it, during the day it will need 3 buses, but peaks will need 4 buses...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

Route the 228 will take to the Hospital...

https://goo.gl/maps/LMxvaPaesvF2

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 23, 2017, 08:44:10 PM
004 timetable on network West Midlands only going to harts green wherever that is
Only a couple of Monday to Friday peak journeys will go to Harborne.
All other journeys will be rerouted to terminate at Welsh Farm House.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

sonic84

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 23, 2017, 08:55:55 PM

I agree this does look like the route it will need to take. Will provide a new link for the Welsh House Farm area. Nice to see Hansons trying to keep this route going with the competition for Diamond and ofcourse the new opportunities with the 99 being withdrawn.

Only thing I would say is hope the destinations will be programmed to make it clear which journeys are terminating at the Swimming Baths and the one which continues to the Green Man.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on March 24, 2017, 10:23:37 AM
I agree this does look like the route it will need to take. Will provide a new link for the Welsh House Farm area. Nice to see Hansons trying to keep this route going with the competition for Diamond and ofcourse the new opportunities with the 99 being withdrawn.

Only thing I would say is hope the destinations will be programmed to make it clear which journeys are terminating at the Swimming Baths and the one which continues to the Green Man.

The competition from Diamond only came when Hanson's chose to cut the frequency of the 004 in half, Hanson's created the opportunity for Diamond expand.

Mike K

What route will it be taking? I can't work it out from the link posted or from the NWWM site. Capern Grove, despite what it says on the NWWM site, is not in the 'Harts Green' area of Harborne (which is where I live). It's definitely Welsh House Farm.

Seems a strange move. I'd hoped it would serve the High St / Green Man throughout the day but be amended to serve Welsh House Farm.

Much as it's pleasing to see the frequency increased back to half hourly I can't see this working. In fact, the timetable is a masterpiece in the art of confusion. Journeys either start from or finish at Harborne Green Man (one journey a day?), Greenfield Road, the swimming baths, or Welsh House Farm. The one that finishes at Greenfield Road takes 5 minutes to get from Serpentine Road. Given that this is only one stop, I can only imagine that this is some sort of world's strongest man competition where competitors pull the bus on a rope for the final stage of the journey. A 90 year old could walk that distance in under 5 minutes.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Mike K on March 25, 2017, 12:29:09 AM
I can only imagine that this is some sort of world's strongest man competition where competitors pull the bus on a rope for the final stage of the journey.

It will be and you can watch it in full HD on ESPN 8-The Ocho

Stuharris 6360

Quite surprised the 004 isn't going to Harborne during the day, from what I have seen that end of the route was quite popular??
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Kevin

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 26, 2017, 12:59:17 PM
Quite surprised the 004 isn't going to Harborne during the day, from what I have seen that end of the route was quite popular??

Yes that does seem rather strange. Isn't really going to help the people of Welsh House Farm out either, if the bus doesn't quite make it to Harborne high street
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 26, 2017, 12:59:17 PM

The initial plan of competing with the 99/244 was a good idea due to the reduced fequency, however with it only going between Welsh house farm and Halesowen the majority of the day, I can't see it having good loadings. Also suspect many will get confused by the many destinations available.

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 26, 2017, 02:27:55 PM
The initial plan of competing with the 99/244 was a good idea due to the reduced fequency, however with it only going between Welsh house farm and Halesowen the majority of the day, I can't see it having good loadings. Also suspect many will get confused by the many destinations available.

I personally think they should have extended it beyond Harborne to QE to fill the gap left by the NX frequency reduction over that section.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on March 26, 2017, 02:38:00 PM
I personally think they should have extended it beyond Harborne to QE to fill the gap left by the NX frequency reduction over that section.

Maybe even extended to Birmingham City Centre to cover the loss of the 99?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 26, 2017, 04:22:36 PM
Maybe even extended to Birmingham City Centre to cover the loss of the 99?

The routes broke remember 😜. if hansons could create a proper timetable unlike nx then yes the extension could easily work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk