News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Been told that Hanson's are getting a new bus in April
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

sonic84

Does anyone have any ideas what the changes to the 004 are going to be?

D10

The 276 registration between Dudley and Stourbridge looks interesting!

ARBB

Quote from: D10 on March 11, 2017, 02:59:20 PM
The 276 registration between Dudley and Stourbridge looks interesting!

Just one trip before the bus goes onto the 24

Cheese

I note the 228 is being extended to Russell's Hall which is interesting.

the trainbasher

@Cheese it's been to Russell's Hall Hospital before....back when PN ran the 296!!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 14, 2017, 06:57:47 PM
@Cheese it's been to Russell's Hall Hospital before....back when PN ran the 296!!

Can they still do it with just 2 buses?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

@Stuharris 6360

Based on a back of a envelope calculation I reckon they could possibly if the use the Holly Hall route and cut the layover time at the various points. It'd be tight though

Those calculations also take into account of it not running via Wallows Road or High Oak

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 14, 2017, 07:06:45 PM
@Stuharris 6360

Based on a back of a envelope calculation I reckon they could possibly if the use the Holly Hall route and cut the layover time at the various points. It'd be tight though

Those calculations also take into account of it not running via Wallows Road or High Oak

Thanks Tom, have to see what the timetable says.

@the trainbasher now have had a look at it in comfort, it could be done but as you say it will be very tight.

If it were to follow the X10 route, it would only take a minute more to get to RHH theoretically than go to Brockmore, although we all know what traffic around RHH can be like at times.

There is a bit of spare time in the 228 current timetable as it is given 13 minutes to travel from Brierley Hill Library to Merry Hill Centre and then load ready to leave for Stourbridge.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

D10

Quote from: pndriver on March 14, 2017, 05:21:15 PM

Thanks for that, was wondering if there was going to a bit of competition, but obviously not!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: pndriver on March 14, 2017, 05:21:15 PM

3 trips according to Network West Midlands?

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 15, 2017, 03:41:13 PM
3 trips according to Network West Midlands?

It could be, i was told by a driver that it's one full trip before the bus goes onto​ the 24

sonic84

I see the 004 is being increased to every 30 minutes again with a route change in Harborne. Any ideas what amended route will be?

From what I had seen, the 004 did seem to lose passengers to the 142 once it was reduced to hourly so although I hoped the frequency would be increased again, it's a nice surprise that it is happening.

Sayeed

Quote from: sonic84 on March 15, 2017, 06:44:34 PM
I see the 004 is being increased to every 30 minutes again with a route change in Harborne. Any ideas what amended route will be?

From what I had seen, the 004 did seem to lose passengers to the 142 once it was reduced to hourly so although I hoped the frequency would be increased again, it's a nice surprise that it is happening.

I hope it serves Welsh house farm estate and doesn't serve Blandford Rd. Since, 636 was withdrawn that end section of Welsh house Farm Road back in mid 2010, OAPs weren't happy about it and later, I've read elsewhere there was a petition to reinstate it. Also, I remember few years ago when Blandford Rd was closed for 2 weeks, it served that end section and from my observation, especially in the morning there were really good loading. So, yeah, I'd be happy if that happens and I am sure OAPs would be too.
Век живи - век учись

Trident 4194

004 timetable on network West Midlands only going to harts green wherever that is

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk