News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hansons

Started by Mike360, June 06, 2012, 03:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metrorider

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 27, 2014, 08:42:38 PM
What route is 2600 designated too. Please put it on 004 tommorow for the half past departure  :)

Normally lives on the 226
Paul.

Solo1

the trainbasher

Quote from: Solo1 on January 02, 2015, 07:06:41 PM
hansons 64 reg on 318 service https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/16176993125/

Its booked on there and on the 1755 267 off Stourbridge.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

I must admit hansons are very fair with diamond vehicles. Usually it gets into halesowen about 25 past, even though not due out till 33 past. The other day it got in before the 142 which departs at 28 past, so he moved off the stand and went back around, so that the 142 could stay on time. Also if the 002 is running behind the 004, the 004 will often stop at the bottom of the hill at halesowen to let the 002 past.

Drivers are very friendly, the other weekend I had a chatty driver who was talking about where the nearest post office talking to passengers.

PM

Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 27, 2015, 06:30:10 PM
I must admit hansons are very fair with diamond vehicles. Usually it gets into halesowen about 25 past, even though not due out till 33 past. The other day it got in before the 142 which departs at 28 past, so he moved off the stand and went back around, so that the 142 could stay on time. Also if the 002 is running behind the 004, the 004 will often stop at the bottom of the hill at halesowen to let the 002 past.

Drivers are very friendly, the other weekend I had a chatty driver who was talking about where the nearest post office talking to passengers.

That's not "fair": it's the rules. They should only be on stand when their buses (004's) are meant to be there. Best incident I witnessed was a 002 driver sitting there about 2 minutes until they were due out, 004 sat beeping behind. Needless to say it wasn't due in...  ::)

bususer12

Quote from: Matt on January 27, 2015, 11:15:15 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 27, 2015, 10:45:40 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on January 27, 2015, 06:30:10 PM

That's not "fair": it's the rules. They should only be on stand when their buses (004's) are meant to be there. Best incident I witnessed was a 002 driver sitting there about 2 minutes until they were due out, 004 sat beeping behind. Needless to say it wasn't due in...  ::)

The same rules which most Diamond drivers seem unable to follow/understand

Isn't it a case of drivers are allowed on stand 3/5 minutes before you're due on normal stands(not city ctr). If a late bus pulls behind, it's tough, unless the driver on stand wishes to loop around.

Note; this is an assumption, could a driver confirm?

Steveminor

You are correct. You are allowed to be on stand for 5 mins unless the previous departure is already there in which case you must wait until he has departed.
In city centre it is 3 mins.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on January 28, 2015, 05:53:35 AM
You are correct. You are allowed to be on stand for 5 mins unless the previous departure is already there in which case you must wait until he has departed.
In city centre it is 3 mins.

Not always true. On some City Centre stands you are allowed up to 10 minutes

Steveminor

That's as long as there are no other departures within the time slot

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on January 28, 2015, 11:35:18 AM
That's as long as there are no other departures within the time slot

Which is why I put some. Also some city centre stops including the one at the back of Selfridges are bus stops, not bus stands so you should only stop for as long as it takes to unload or load passengers which is why BCC/Centro got upset with Green Bus taking their breaks there

Steveminor

& some are double stands which means 2 buses can be timed to depart at the same time.
With TGB situation I wonder how long it would have been before any action was taken against them had they not pulled off

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on January 28, 2015, 12:16:32 PM
& some are double stands which means 2 buses can be timed to depart at the same time.
With TGB situation I wonder how long it would have been before any action was taken against them had they not pulled off

I wonder if them pulling off was Centro's action @Steveminor as they appeared to come off very suddenly without 56 days' notice.

PM

Quote from: Matt on January 28, 2015, 07:16:18 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 28, 2015, 01:35:17 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on January 28, 2015, 12:16:32 PM

I wonder if them pulling off was Centro's action @Steveminor as they appeared to come off very suddenly without 56 days' notice.

56 days notice was given, most people on here are clearly not observant enough to notice the obvious!

Lol they came off bit by bit lol-I went out near the end and there were 2/3 buses on there :P What a way to run a bus service... Then the re-starting for a day or so! Couldn't make it up!

hartshill busman 724210

With respect chaps, Hansons pages. >:(

Tara4352

What bus routes do this operator have

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk