News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

FMR B'ham routes

Started by winston, June 05, 2012, 01:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Will FMR not need additional low floor buses from within FMR/the group to operate the 143 & 146 from Redditch depot in to Birmingham from 22nd July? The 144 is already compliant from Worcester garage

MW

It's taking place in January 2013 now, as Tony confirmed in another message. Also, the 146 is just 1 bus per hour so it would be fine, as if it's greater than 2 buses per hour, the rule applies.

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 05, 2012, 02:06:23 PM
It's taking place in January 2013 now, as Tony confirmed in another message. Also, the 146 is just 1 bus per hour so it would be fine, as if it's greater than 2 buses per hour, the rule applies.

No its not, that's only the minimum emission rules! All vehicles from 22nd July will need to be low floor & DDA complaint i.e. wheelchair accessible with fold out ramps etc. All vehicles from Jan 2013 entering the City Centre will also need to meet the min Euro 3 emission standards.

Thinking about the above that will still exclude the majority of WB Mercs from entering the City Centre zone, 1628 & above will be fine. Also still non compliant are the B6LE's at BC for the 636. Tony has already confirmed on WMbus that the current X62 & 636 will be re-numbered to the 98 / 99 & both run the same line of route to the QE to provide a 10 min frequency, at the same time vehicle allocations could well change

Tony

Quote from: winston on June 05, 2012, 02:17:12 PM

No its not, that's only the minimum emission rules! All vehicles from 22nd July will need to be low floor & DDA complaint i.e. wheelchair accessible with fold out ramps etc. All vehicles from Jan 2013 entering the City Centre will also need to meet the min Euro 3 emission standards.

Thinking about the above that will still exclude the majority of WB Mercs from entering the City Centre zone, 1628 & above will be fine. Also still non compliant are the B6LE's at BC for the 636. Tony has already confirmed on WMbus that the current X62 & 636 will be re-numbered to the 98 / 99 & both run the same line of route to the QE to provide a 10 min frequency, at the same time vehicle allocations could well change

No-one has ever mentioned pull out ramps. I did specify in another thread that they must have ramps, but the ramps carried on NXWM Mercs, B6s & B10Ls all are OK

winston

Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2012, 02:31:02 PM

No-one has ever mentioned pull out ramps. I did specify in another thread that they must have ramps, but the ramps carried on NXWM Mercs, B6s & B10Ls all are OK

Tony, you did state manual ramps on your WMbus post. I was however under the impression that the yellow fold up ramps behind the drivers on the above vehicles still didn't comply with the latest DDA reg's and that they have to be a minimum of the manually operated fixed plate ramps within the entrance doors? Or is that the reg that doesn't come in to operation until 2017?

Tony

Quote from: winston on June 05, 2012, 02:58:14 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2012, 02:31:02 PM

Tony, you did state manual ramps on your WMbus post. I was however under the impression that the yellow fold up ramps behind the drivers on the above vehicles still didn't comply with the latest DDA reg's and that they have to be a minimum of the manually operated fixed plate ramps within the entrance doors? Or is that the reg that doesn't come in to operation until 2017?

I specifically asked the question about manual ramps at the presentation I was at last week, because of the 636 route and was told B6s are OK until January including the use of manual ramps.

Presumably the GRS darts and a few other odds & sods will be OK until January as well

winston

Thanks for the reply Tony, the long & short of it is NXWM are fine fleetwise until Jan 2013

It should only really affect the like's of Joes Travel, The Green Bus, Central Logisitics/Redwing Contracts, Sunny Travel etc and any others that still operate any step entrance vehicles

FMR will still need to allocate low floor/require additional low floors for the 143

lgr

Where's this message about the X62/636 changing?

MW

Quote from: lgr on June 05, 2012, 07:21:04 PM
Where's this message about the X62/636 changing?

The 636 is to be renumbered as the 98. The X62 is to be renumbered to the 99, both going to the City via the current 636 route from QE at a joint 10 minute frequency, and extended to Colmore Row via Priory Queensway, with the 126 going back to the Bull Ring markets.

All copyright Mr Hunter :)

Stu

When will this happen then?  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on June 05, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

I think it's from July but don't quote me on that.

D10

Yes the new 98/99 will come in on 22nd July to fit in with the City Centre changes.

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 05, 2012, 08:51:35 PM
Quote from: Stu on June 05, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

I think it's from July but don't quote me on that.

These appeared on VOSA (30th May), so it does look as though they change from 22nd July. However, shouldn't they both be new registrations rather than variations as both are changing route number, not just route & timetable changes as VOSA indicates. Also the 637 hasn't existed for years, the 636 hasn't gone to Hayley Green since the Dudley Review I think? and the current 636 has continued on in to Birmingham for some time

PD0001111/106 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 2ND FLOOR, BIRMINGHAM COACH STATION, MILL LANE, DIGBETH, BIRMINGHAM, B5 6DB
Variation Accepted: Operating between Birmingham, Corporation Street and Rubery Great Park, Parkway given service number 98 effective from 22-Jul-2012. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0001111/383 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 2ND FLOOR, BIRMINGHAM COACH STATION, MILL LANE, DIGBETH, BIRMINGHAM, B5 6DB
Variation Accepted: Operating between University Station, Queen Elizabeth Hospital and Rowley Regis Station(637)-Hagley Road Haley Green(636) given service number 99/98 effective from 22-Jul-2012. To amend Route and Timetable.

MW

Quote from: winston on June 05, 2012, 09:09:00 PM
These appeared on VOSA (30th May), so it does look as though they change from 22nd July. However, shouldn't they both be new registrations rather than variations as both are changing route number, not just route & timetable changes as VOSA indicates.

It counts as a variation when you change the number, the route, the timetable, stops, service type (normal to limited stop etc) or the days of operation.

A cancellation would then just be if it's simply gone.

jc

to get back on topic ...

The rumours are Worcester were to get more Gemini's to release there tridents 33401/2 to Redditch to convert the 146 to fully Trident/Low Floor operation ... and with the 143 there will be no need to worry about the emissions zone, as from july, it shouldnt come anywhere near it!!! The 143 is being cut back ... and will no longer run to Studley ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk