News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dudley bus station revamp

Started by andrew1991, November 18, 2014, 03:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew1991

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

I know what I'd like to do to that dump but due to the terrorism act I cannot say...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

hartshill busman 724210

What a hash of a story! Written by someone that knows nothing about the subject and combining their intray of publicity bumf. Is there anything worth saying in the story about Dudley`s bus station? (plans, mock up etc) Why do the story until there is some story. P*ss poor journalism.

Roy

mark114

Well the images look good I just hope they find spaces to put the buses whilst the work is being done

Bob

They improved it by shutting the toilets so you now have to walk into Castle Street, convenient...excuse the pun.

Smethwickian

Quote from: mark114 on November 30, 2018, 08:38:13 PM
Well the images look good I just hope they find spaces to put the buses whilst the work is being done
I hope they find space to put the buses after the work is done - I can't see more than a dozen spaces in that artist's impression. Or are there some other views I'm missing showing a lot more?

Stuharris 6360

I can't tell from the picture but are they still going ahead with the plan for buses to have to reverse out of the stand.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Roy

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 30, 2018, 09:58:49 PM
I can't tell from the picture but are they still going ahead with the plan for buses to have to reverse out of the stand.

It looks like a drive in, reverse out layout.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Roy on November 30, 2018, 10:22:20 PM
It looks like a drive in, reverse out layout.

Not fond of those layouts!

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 30, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
Not fond of those layouts!
Is there any paticular reason why?
It seemed to work fine at Camborne and Penzance when I was there earlier in the year?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on November 30, 2018, 10:37:48 PM
Is there any paticular reason why?
It seemed to work fine at Camborne when I was there earlier in the year?

@2206 I think they are more dangerous than the sort of bus station design we are all used to in this area.

If numerous buses are all due to leave at the same time, you have buses all reversing at the same time, having to keep an eye out for each other, checking to see if no member of the public has managed to walk behind you, checking for obstacles.

Remember being on a 12 at Paignton bus station, an elderly man was walking behind it as it tried to reverse and the bus managed to demolish a wall.

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 30, 2018, 10:47:07 PM
@2206 I think they are more dangerous than the sort of bus station design we are all used to in this area.

If numerous buses are all due to leave at the same time, you have buses all reversing at the same time, having to keep an eye out for each other, checking to see if no member of the public has managed to walk behind you, checking for obstacles.

Remember being on a 12 at Paignton bus station, an elderly man was walking behind it as it tried to reverse and the bus managed to demolish a wall.
The bit about the public - surely the bus station staff should be enforcing that people stick to the foot paths and don't attempt to walk on the road behind reversing buses, significantly reducing that risk.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk