News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

I would scrap the changes that are going to be made to the 129 either leaving it as it is now, or withdrawing it, thereby increasing the 48 to every 15/20 minutes, at least between West Brom and Bearwood, completely scrap the idea to run it using single decks, which is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. Curtail the 46 back to West Brom (to Scott Arms/Queslett). Bring back the 444, (renumbered 50), it created so many useful links, particularly Bearwood to Smethwick, there was no good reason for withdrawal. Get the 89 going down St Paul's Road again so those passengers get their direct service to Oldbury back
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

sonic84

As the changes to the 46, 53 and 129 seem to have divided opinion,  I would instead have done the following changes.

Withdraw the 46 between Londonderry and West Bromwich. A significant amount of journeys didn't run through to Great Barr anyway.

Reintroduce the 123 which would run as the 53 between Merry Hill and Bearwood, and then as the 127/128 between Bearwood and Birmingham. This maintains the 10 min frequency on that section of the route, but Londonderry keeps their link to Merry Hill.

Then either introduce 48E routes to cover the gap over the West Brom to Bearwood section and have the 50 cover the  West Brom to Bearwood section of the 53.

MickeyCool36

Personally the 89 serves Londonderry to Gslton Bridge which is a good route. I'd have the 50 go along the high street up stony lane Devonshire (a hill btw) and onto holly lane onwards (as the 444 used to serve this and there is current no Bearwood service on this whole High Street Section. Either that or go via Londonderry Lane giving that section a Bearwood West Brom service, get the 128 to go to Holly Lane Devonshire and High St via Stony Lane and it could still go via St Pauls to Oldbury and even Blackheath giving the High Street still a Oldbury/Blackheath and Bearwood service and the 89 to go to Londonderry and Brookfields aka current 128 route to Oldbury as by me the 89 is 45mins as its journey is too long

MickeyCool36

Previously the 444 did galton bridge as did the 448A and B of a night and now I avoid Galton Bridge due to lack of West Smethwick bus services so I go to Trinity Way. They should have a Bearwood 30min service. I my road (a hill and in my opinion a more vital link) should have a Igo service (if not National Express) to Bearwood to Oldbury even hourly would be an improvement. Id say all roads need Bearwood Oldbury and West Bromwich services too many are Birmingham ones and if it goes to Birmingham have it go to a number of destinations to link folk in between like the 120

MickeyCool36

Id actually have a bus via dudley rd go to blackheath and merry hill currently there is zero Merry Hill service on Smethwick High St and when the new hospital in Cape Hill is built Blackheath and Smethwick High St needs connecting better as the 89 takes too long similar to a 4M service why the 129 just does Bearwood (only a tiny bit of Smethwick) i dont know the rest of Smethwick loses out. Id have it come up Abbey Rd then up straight via Galton Bridge and onto West Brom Oldbury and the Blackheath via Causeway as this currently has no Blackheath service only the 49 which serves West Brom and Bearwood it would also give Rowley Station a better Smethwick West Brom Oldbury link as currently you cannot get to Rowley Regis station in Langley Green.

Kevin

So, with the forthcoming replacement of the 141 with an X10 and a joint 10 mins frequency between that and the improved 4M as far as Old Hill, my mind has run riot with thoughts...

Renumber the 4M as an X4 and run it limited stop along the northern section of the route, and run both routes as Platinum standard from Pensnett garage
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

woody38

Extend the X51 to Cannock every 30 minutes, did but this down in the review.  NXWM would make a killing both on journeys from Cannock to Walsall & Cannock-Walsall-Birmingham cannot believe they missed this chance.

Westy

Quote from: woody38 on June 18, 2016, 08:10:34 PM
Extend the X51 to Cannock every 30 minutes, did but this down in the review.  NXWM would make a killing both on journeys from Cannock to Walsall & Cannock-Walsall-Birmingham cannot believe they missed this chance.

They have several times.

I've made suggestions for the Leamore area in the past, & they've been ignored.

wembley86

Quote from: clayderman on November 15, 2014, 09:04:46 PM
Have Harborne Services go to the Markets, like the 103 (now 24) - but with all the Harborne Corridor. i.e. 22, 23, 24 (obviously), 29/A... Under a different number, of course...

Alternatively, introduce service 25. Markets to Weoley Castle, via Colmore Row, Augustus Road, then Harborne (via Westfield Road), Welsh House Farm, Quinton, West Boulevard, Bartley Green, Kitwell, then back round Bartley Green.

This now happens stops on bridge close to markets outbound journey since 2015

CL

Quote from: wembley86 on June 19, 2016, 09:01:47 AM
This now happens stops on bridge close to markets outbound journey since 2015
As a regular on the 24, I'm quite aware, lol. ;) Personally, I find these (extra) stops around the City Centre useful - despite the fact that it adds an average of 4-6 minutes to my journey, give or take; slightly annoying if i'm running late.. But I appreciate the new route, as it gives me access to much more of the City Centre.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

leewhayward29

If Wednesfield arriva close down. Would the 326 go to cannock garage or would network west midlands put it up for a New operator for this service?
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

Westy

Quote from: leewhayward29 on July 01, 2016, 09:10:18 PM
If Wednesfield arriva close down. Would the 326 go to cannock garage or would network west midlands put it up for a New operator for this service?

I suppose depending on how the contracts have left to run, that Cannock would run the routes until the contracts end, then wouldnt put up for them again.

The northern most ones, the Wolves & Walsall northern area ones they might have a crack at again, but cant see it meself.

leewhayward29

Quote from: Westy on July 01, 2016, 10:49:04 PM
I suppose depending on how the contracts have left to run, that Cannock would run the routes until the contracts end, then wouldnt put up for them again.

The northern most ones, the Wolves & Walsall northern area ones they might have a crack at again, but cant see it meself.

Thanks @Westy. So we would have to wait and see
Bus services in my local area and where I live

31 -  Walsall to Mossley via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and Dennis Trident ALX400                     

32 - Walsall to Lower Farm via Bloxwich and Leamore. NXWM (WALSALL GARAGE) Buses used are:- Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE and ADL Enviro400

69 - Walsall to Wolverhampton via Beechdale, New Invention, Wood End and New Cross Hospital. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses used are: Wright Eclipse 2 B7RLE, Dennis Trident ALX400 and ADL Enviro200

529   - Wolverhampton to Walsall via willenhall. NXWM (WOLVERHAMPTON GARAGE) Buses Used are:- ADL Enviro400 MMC   Dennis Trident ALX400, ADL Enviro400H   (Platinum bus service)

BusFan94

The 75 Start it from Walsall end Birmingham Via Wednesbury and Darlaston then run along 74 route
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Russ Smith

Just had a little think considering the plans to introduce a Platinum Bristol Road express service (although I imagine it'll follow the 63 route):

- Keep the 98 as it is between town and Northfield, but then send it via the current 29/49 route through Merritts Brook and along Holly Hill Road, to terminate at Frankley (or possibly Great Park).

- Curtail all 29s to Northfield (Lockwood Road), and all 49s to Longbridge (Sunbury Road - possibly A38 Longbridge Island if Longbridge Lane is ever sorted  ::) ) Frankley-Northfield on these routes is covered by the 98 every 20 minutes, Longbridge-Rubery-Frankley can make do with the 63 every 10.

- Reintroduce the X62 (Platinum) every 15 minutes. Actually express along the Bristol Road (Inner Ring Road; Priory Road; Selly Oak between Dawlish Road and Oak Tree Lane; Bournville Police Station and Royal Ortho), then all stops from the grosvenor to Rednal and Great Park.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk