News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: gac_uk on May 25, 2014, 12:18:28 PM
Quote from: Stu on May 25, 2014, 11:29:02 AM
Interesting read on the Birmingham Mail today:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-bus-firm-axes-city-7169955

Bit 'old news' though? Central stopped running the 98 from 27th April (when WMSNT took over and renumbered it 28A).

But did Central Buses really "pull-the-plug" on the service as stated in the article? (I suppose 'decline to rebid for the contract tender' doesn't sound as dramatic does it!)

We actually stopped running it in 2011! It's been re-tendered twice since and on both occasions we haven't submitted a bid

Very old news then! Pity the Birmingham Mail can't their facts right! I suppose the reason for the delay in reporting this was down to ongoing court cases?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Lukeee

Quote from: gac_uk on May 25, 2014, 12:18:28 PM
Quote from: Stu on May 25, 2014, 11:29:02 AM
Interesting read on the Birmingham Mail today:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-bus-firm-axes-city-7169955

Bit 'old news' though? Central stopped running the 98 from 27th April (when WMSNT took over and renumbered it 28A).

But did Central Buses really "pull-the-plug" on the service as stated in the article? (I suppose 'decline to rebid for the contract tender' doesn't sound as dramatic does it!)

We actually stopped running it in 2011! It's been re-tendered twice since and on both occasions we haven't submitted a bid

Think Diamond ran it before WMSNT

Thomas Davies

Few pictures of SN04 EFM.

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

CL

Saw one today at Perry Barr, still without the logos adhered. They look amazing, but I hadn't realised that Central Buses had even acquired any!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

PM

Quote from: clayderman on May 29, 2014, 09:35:45 PM
Saw one today at Perry Barr, still without the logos adhered. They look amazing, but I hadn't realised that Central Buses had even acquired any!

They haven't-they were already in the fleet in WCC livery...

John

Wasn't expecting a President

'X602 EGK' will look brilliant in the CB livery. Can't wait to see it  :D

James4368

YN56NNB and YN56NNC have now left the fleet

Trident X602EGK is new to central buses fleet
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Thomas Davies

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

Thomas Davies

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

John

'X233 NNO' was on the 89 today

PM

@Thomas Davies

Have they been acquired from WCC or have they been reallocated following new work?

Thomas Davies

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

PM

Thomas Davies

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk