News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPC

Quote from: trident4370 on May 08, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
So Sutton will once again have a bus to the airport? Great news.

The rural section east of Coleshill is covered in the main with an extension of service 735 from Ansley to Coleshill - providing an interesting link to Coventry :D

Now a quick query regarding the new 75/75A... Is it possible to travel with a one-day nbus or daytripper from Birmingham International to Sutton Coldfield town?  (despite most of the route between those points being outside the county).

the trainbasher

I'm willing to bet it will be valid for the bits only in the Centro area

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stu

I'm sure it's been stated elsewhere for other services that 'pop in and out' of the covered area that the pass is valid, as long as you don't get on or off outside the boundary.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

gac_uk

Quote from: JPC on May 16, 2014, 07:49:32 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on May 08, 2014, 08:54:10 PM
So Sutton will once again have a bus to the airport? Great news.

The rural section east of Coleshill is covered in the main with an extension of service 735 from Ansley to Coleshill - providing an interesting link to Coventry :D

Now a quick query regarding the new 75/75A... Is it possible to travel with a one-day nbus or daytripper from Birmingham International to Sutton Coldfield town?  (despite most of the route between those points being outside the county).

It's a grey area but as far as the 75/75a is concerned nBus will be valid providing the journey is to and from stops within the West Midlands county

fleetline6477

I remember back to when Johnsons ran the 757 Sutton - Airport different drivers seemed to have different views when I tried to board with an nbus (or its equivalent back then) the company policy was yes they were valid so long as you boarded within the centro area and both terminal points were in the area.

It makes sense since they are valid on 255/256 which pass through parts of South Staffordshire and the 900 serves Meriden part of Warwickshire.

Steveminor

Meriden actually comes under solihull so as such is still part of the west midlands

JPC

Quote from: Steveminor on May 17, 2014, 05:21:57 AM
Meriden actually comes under solihull so as such is still part of the west midlands

There are three bus stops on service 900 which seem to be located within Warwickshire, very much the middle of nowhere so not worth worrying about in a fraud sense anyway, two at Packington Hall for each direction but NWM posts are installed,  the third is on Maxstoke Lane (Old Hall Farm) for journeys towards Coventry and Google Streetview (dated May 2012) shows a TWM bus stop post.

Niall

For those who haven't seen it, this was posted on Central Buses Facebook page yesterday:

Quote from: Central Buses
Fleet News - The two Scanias that we operate in Countylinks livery YN56 NNB/C will be returning to Warwickshire County Council in a fortnight's time. We have also purchased another Trident which should be with us towards the end of the month
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Thomas Davies

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

Liverpool Street

Which new Trident you're getting, Thomas?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Justin Tyme

Quote from: N94 on May 18, 2014, 06:48:19 PM
For those who haven't seen it, this was posted on Central Buses Facebook page yesterday:

Quote from: Central Buses
Fleet News - The two Scanias that we operate in Countylinks livery YN56 NNB/C will be returning to Warwickshire County Council in a fortnight's time.

Interesting!  Stagecoach returned their last Warwickshire County Links buses to WCC only a few weeks ago, so presumably this is at the County Council's request?

John

Solo1

Quote from: John on May 24, 2014, 09:52:49 PM
The 2 ex-Warwickshire CC Enviro300s are in the process of been painted into fleet livery

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10154157_10152146110878733_7167512404520931563_n.jpg
wonder if these 2 enviros will b used
on their new 75 service

Stu

Interesting read on the Birmingham Mail today:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-bus-firm-axes-city-7169955

Bit 'old news' though? Central stopped running the 98 from 27th April (when WMSNT took over and renumbered it 28A).

But did Central Buses really "pull-the-plug" on the service as stated in the article? (I suppose 'decline to rebid for the contract tender' doesn't sound as dramatic does it!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

gac_uk

Quote from: Stu on May 25, 2014, 11:29:02 AM
Interesting read on the Birmingham Mail today:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-bus-firm-axes-city-7169955

Bit 'old news' though? Central stopped running the 98 from 27th April (when WMSNT took over and renumbered it 28A).

But did Central Buses really "pull-the-plug" on the service as stated in the article? (I suppose 'decline to rebid for the contract tender' doesn't sound as dramatic does it!)

We actually stopped running it in 2011! It's been re-tendered twice since and on both occasions we haven't submitted a bid

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk