News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Nathan4775

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Solo1

Found this today but why is it only runinng mon-friday  when
Diamond run it mon to  sat

PD1021409/67 - CEN GROUP LIMITED, UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: ACOCKS GREEN
Finish Point: SOLIHULL STATION
Via:
Service Number: 30
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 28-APR-2014
Other Details: Monday to Friday
K

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on January 20, 2014, 12:45:21 PM

PD1021409/67 - CEN GROUP LIMITED, UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX
Registration Accepted
Via:
K

Interesting, maybe it is only a couple of workings a day? I know when I used to catch the NX 30/S3 from Acocks Green in the mornings, the 0745 journey would get rammed with schoolkids and college students, don't know what loadings are like since Diamond took over, but I have read complaints about buses being full at times.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on January 20, 2014, 07:03:06 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on January 20, 2014, 12:45:21 PM

Registration Accepted
Via:
K

Interesting, maybe it is only a couple of workings a day? I know when I used to catch the NX 30/S3 from Acocks Green in the mornings, the 0745 journey would get rammed with schoolkids and college students, don't know what loadings are like since Diamond took over, but I have read complaints about buses being full at times.

I used to travel on it now and again - the 3:15 from Solihull I think would fill a Citaro at times, not sure recently. But I believe the Saturday is quiet.

Could this be a commercial registration, and they feel the Saturday is not viable?

BU07 LGO

How well is the xpre55 doing?

Steveminor

I saw one last week arrive in Lichfield with about 20 people on & leave with about the same. Meanwhile arriva bought in about 6 & left with 2.

Solo1

Will they b having any more buses for the new 30 service

Stu

The 30 service didn't last long then lol

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between ACOCKS GREEN and SOLIHULL STATION given service number 30 effective from 28-Apr-2014.

On VOSA today.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Stu on February 24, 2014, 05:46:47 PM
The 30 service didn't last long then lol

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between ACOCKS GREEN and SOLIHULL STATION given service number 30 effective from 28-Apr-2014.

On VOSA today.

It seems they were going to operate it commercially - from NWM site:

30   Central Buses   Acocks Green - Solihull via Olton   Acocks Green - Solihull.   Part commercial registration of a formerly tendered service. Mon - Sat every 30 mins.

winston

Is this new Arriva registration in response to Central Buses X55?

PD0000478/393 - ARRIVA MIDLANDS NORTH LTD T/A ARRIVA MIDLANDS, THURMASTON GARAGE, 4 WESTMORELAND AVENUE, THURMASTON, LEICESTER, LE4 8PH

Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: LICHFIELD
    Finish Point: TAMWORTH
    Via: Upper John St, Hopwas Hill, Tamworth
    Service Number: X65
    Other Details: Monday to Saturday, Half hourly AM/PM Peak times and Hourly off Peak. No service Sundays or Bank Holiday Mondays

Steveminor

Looks like it is although a bit late to stop Geoff building a loyal passenger base.
IMO Geoff should now register anothe route against arriva to keep them one step behind

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on March 05, 2014, 11:15:28 AM
Looks like it is although a bit late to stop Geoff building a loyal passenger base.
IMO Geoff should now register anothe route against arriva to keep them one step behind

Obviously Central Buses are making a big impact on Arriva takings, Arriva seem a bit slow to react.

Yes I agree with registering another competing route, would Central Buses see a bigger reaction if they were to launch a Tamworth town competing service?

Steveminor

Yes I think they would.
My suggestion keep it rural or between towns less reaction maybe extend the x55 to Nuneaton or atherstone or maybe take on the 116, with its hourly service 2 bus PVR it's an easy target & one I don't think arriva would react to very quickly.

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on March 05, 2014, 08:41:59 PM
Yes I think they would.
My suggestion keep it rural or between towns less reaction maybe extend the x55 to Nuneaton or atherstone or maybe take on the 116, with its hourly service 2 bus PVR it's an easy target & one I don't think arriva would react to very quickly.

That is a very good call. Personally, I am really happy Central Buses are having a go against Arriva and by the looks of it doing extremely well. Just shows what a small company with new buses, friendly drivers and great customer service and promotion can achieve. Well done to them I say and I hope they launch something else in competition with arriva and keep them on their toes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk