News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Winston on February 02, 2018, 08:06:36 AM
So much for the rumours being a load on nonsense....

Be interesting to see if they get rid of routes such as 25. They've ended up with the 142 again!

Solo1

Wonder why Geoff has sold up

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 02, 2018, 08:08:51 AM
Be interesting to see if they get rid of routes such as 25. They've ended up with the 142 again!

I think the 25 will be quickly cancelled. You're not going to compete with yourself for long... plus the 108 & 318

Kevin

Sad times. Also mad irony in Central Buses being the company that stepped in on routes that Diamond got rid of
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Steveminor

I would like to wish Geoff & his family all the best of luck in all their future endeavour. It's been a great privilege working with you in bog & cog & your input will be sorely missed.
Goodbye from bus operations my friend.

Kevin

Would the new overlords cease the joint day ranger tickets covering Midland Classic and D&G services?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

The list of vehicles I have been sent this morning is the entire fleet with the exception of the Routemaster.

Dom

Quote from: Tony on February 02, 2018, 10:08:27 AM
The list of vehicles I have been sent this morning is the entire fleet with the exception of the Routemaster.

Presuming they will all be moving over to Diamond?

Trident 4194

Central was easily the most successful independent in the West Midlands- gaining £1.9 million value is a massive accomplishment

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 02, 2018, 11:06:17 AM
Central was easily the most successful independent in the West Midlands- gaining £1.9 million value is a massive accomplishment

Successful up until recently, you could argue if things were still going well that they wouldn't entertain selling out. I suspect the competition with Arriva killed their finances.

£1.5 million of the takeover price is the fleet, the underlying business is worth £450k.

Dylanbusboy45

What a shame ...
Easily the most presentable and successful independent in the West Midlands. I hope Johnson's aren't next

Jack

Shame, they were a decent little operator. Their vehicles are always in mint condition.

Sandy Lane

In Coventry how will this afftect the Central 1 route and the Diamond X30 route? I can see them being merged somehow?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 02, 2018, 06:17:22 PM
In Coventry how will this afftect the Central 1 route and the Diamond X30 route? I can see them being merged somehow?

The #1 is tendered

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 02, 2018, 06:21:12 PM
The #1 is tendered
Still, I wonder if there is a way of reducing the 4 buses used across both route to 3?offers cost saving.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk