News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Seems a shame this is withdrawn so soon. Personally, I think operating down the M42 / M6 is a big put off to many passengers and obviously restricts the number of stops along routes. There are so many more potential delays on the motorway stretch.

Justin Tyme

Whenever I've seen an X16 in Birmingham loadings have always been in single figures, so sadly I'm not surprised it's being withdrawn.

Central Buses

Quote from: fleetline6477 on November 24, 2016, 05:27:02 PM
Seems a shame this is withdrawn so soon. Personally, I think operating down the M42 / M6 is a big put off to many passengers and obviously restricts the number of stops along routes. There are so many more potential delays on the motorway stretch.

We have tried our best with this and persevered as long as a commercial business allows. Unfortunately, patronage is well below that required with little foreseeable sign of the significant growth required and, with a heavy heart, we have had to withdraw.

The routing was a gamble but reliability has not proved to be a particular issue.

woody38

Quote from: Central Buses on November 24, 2016, 10:53:41 PM
We have tried our best with this and persevered as long as a commercial business allows. Unfortunately, patronage is well below that required with little foreseeable sign of the significant growth required and, with a heavy heart, we have had to withdraw.

The routing was a gamble but reliability has not proved to be a particular issue.
sorry Central that the service has not been a success have you tried advertising the service more in & around Tamworth I know loads of people who live in the Tamworth area & never new there was a fast link to Brum, many said they would use the service had they known about it.

Solo1

Service 696 is to be withdrawn 2 Jan

dingding

Went on the 875 from The Swan Yardley to International Station today. I assume this is a CENTRO tendered route.

Smethwickian

No timetables for the X16 were ever made available at Centro or NXWM offices at the Birmingham end, either. And with it missing out Tyburn Road, Minworth and Curdworth it's hardly surprising fewer people got on and off. Bit difficult to do so on the M6... Now its withdrawal will be an unwelcome reduction in public transport opportunities for Kingsbury, too.

Solo1

Never saw any ads in the  evening mail   wonder if they
put ads in the Tamworth papers

Sandy Lane

YY16 YJH (fleet no 216) on the 1 at Cov station this afternoon.

woody38

Quote from: Solo1 on December 01, 2016, 03:51:27 PM
Never saw any ads in the  evening mail   wonder if they
put ads in the Tamworth papers

I do like central they are a good little bus company, but u can not start a new bus service without some kind of advertising or how are people going to realise it's there. When a new shop opens they advertise, in the paper, drops etc

in the early 90s choice travel took on withdrawn wm journeys on the 10' not quite the same because this was an established service, but the whole development was leaflet dropped with a timetable, route map, faretable even the buses they where useing.

Kevin

Think I might have me a ride to Tamworth on New Years Eve, being the last day of operation of this direct route
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: woody38 on December 07, 2016, 05:35:05 PM
I do like central they are a good little bus company, but u can not start a new bus service without some kind of advertising or how are people going to realise it's there. When a new shop opens they advertise, in the paper, drops etc

in the early 90s choice travel took on withdrawn wm journeys on the 10' not quite the same because this was an established service, but the whole development was leaflet dropped with a timetable, route map, faretable even the buses they where useing.

This is an argument I've used in the past.

I think it was Zaks, but whoever it was started a route running a route Walsall, Pelsall, Brownhills then Streets Corner to Lichfield, which didn't last long, probably as hardly anyone knew about it pre internet & the then main Walsall to Lichfield was the Arriva 61!

I bet hardly anyone remembers the 353 between Cannock & Walsall operated by both WMT & Stevensons, & the later version operated by TWM that served both Reedswood Sainsburys & Turnberry?

Dylanbusboy45

Versas YJ57XVW/YJ57XVY are on the X55 today

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on January 03, 2017, 04:35:17 PM
Versas YJ57XVW/YJ57XVY are on the X55 today

X55 allocated 2 Versas daily now.

Solo1

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on January 03, 2017, 09:26:53 PM
X55 allocated 2 Versas daily now.
I thought versa's were on 125

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk