News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Central Buses

Quote from: Dutsey on September 07, 2016, 11:21:22 AM
Why have they de-branded the X55? I thought that this was doing well?

The decision to de-brand the two vehicles used on this route is not performance-based.

We will be deploying alternative vehicles in due course and did not wish for inappropriately-branded vehicles to be used elsewhere in the interim.

Dutsey

Quote from: Central Buses on September 07, 2016, 12:36:44 PM
The decision to de-brand the two vehicles used on this route is not performance-based.

We will be deploying alternative vehicles in due course and did not wish for inappropriately-branded vehicles to be used elsewhere in the interim.

That is good to hear - I have heard rumours that the route is not performing as well as expected but from what I have seen , it always appears a busy route.

woody38

Quote from: Dutsey on September 07, 2016, 01:14:27 PM
That is good to hear - I have heard rumours that the route is not performing as well as expected but from what I have seen , it always appears a busy route.
The service has osnly been running 3 days give it time, when on it  on Tuesday 6 September there was  about half a bus full when it left Corperation Street but a lot did leave the bus at Ventura & kingsvbury, there was 3 of us left on to Brum & 4 coming back.

The people who went to Brum seemed to like the fast link to Brum, my friend said she would use it again over the train, but the fares are more expensive than Arriva, Arriva did a Kingsbury flyer which was cheaper than the £5.50 return central charge, another point I kept hearing was there's no timetables, the timetables in Corperation Street where all old ones.

The driver,s where polite & frendly, the buses where on time at both ends, the only thing I had a problem with is Central buses do not do a daysaver so u have to make separate payments, example the X55 Lichfield to Tamworth & the X16 Tamworth to Birmingham

@woody38 - I think you're getting confused, the loadings comments refer to the X55, Winston

woody38

Oh OK cheers Winston for that

Central Buses

Quote from: woody38 on September 07, 2016, 04:59:20 PM
The service has osnly been running 3 days give it time, when on it  on Tuesday 6 September there was  about half a bus full when it left Corperation Street but a lot did leave the bus at Ventura & kingsvbury, there was 3 of us left on to Brum & 4 coming back.

The people who went to Brum seemed to like the fast link to Brum, my friend said she would use it again over the train, but the fares are more expensive than Arriva, Arriva did a Kingsbury flyer which was cheaper than the £5.50 return central charge, another point I kept hearing was there's no timetables, the timetables in Corperation Street where all old ones.

The driver,s where polite & frendly, the buses where on time at both ends, the only thing I had a problem with is Central buses do not do a daysaver so u have to make separate payments, example the X55 Lichfield to Tamworth & the X16 Tamworth to Birmingham

@woody38 - I think you're getting confused, the loadings comments refer to the X55, Winston

Our 2 Trip, Day and Weekly tickets in the area you refer to can be used on the full length of route X55, and 16/X16 between Tamworth and Kingsbury.

PD1021409/87 - CEN GROUP LIMITED, UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Birmingham International Station
Finish Point: Chelmsley Wood, Interchange
Via:
Service Number: 91
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-OCT-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Dylanbusboy45

YX64VLZ and a Versa are on the 75 today

Solo1

what service would a central buses envrio be going on to saw 1 heading up new john st towards hockley this morning

Lukeee

Quote from: Solo1 on September 22, 2016, 03:42:32 PM
what service would a central buses envrio be going on to saw 1 heading up new john st towards hockley this morning

If its a Short wheel base enviro possibly west brom services

Kevin

Quote from: Solo1 on September 22, 2016, 03:42:32 PM

They use that petrol station just up there en route sometimes, same with Asda Queslett
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Kevin

X16 leaving Brum ~7:30 this morning had "Tamworth Estates" on the display rather than Tamworth
Haven't updated perhaps?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Central Buses

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2016, 07:38:23 AM
X16 leaving Brum ~7:30 this morning had "Tamworth Estates" on the display rather than Tamworth
Haven't updated perhaps?

Thanks for the observation.

The blind is updated, so likely driver mis-selection.

The blinds in all six 16-plate vehicles are due to be upgraded to white LED in due course so that will eliminate this issue.

YJ16DDL passed the Fox and Goose 10 minutes ago. On the Coleshill Road. Does anyone know what it was doing?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

OH25

There is currently a 61E to Booth Street Metro Station

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk