News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2016, 07:58:03 PM
Yes you are correct, but discretion is also used by the revenue team depending on circumstances

What circumstances?

Michael Bevan

X233 NNO has now been sold.

Solo1

How come today no central buses parked up at 1 stop like there was
On Tuesday acting as crew bus decker there approx 1015

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Solo1 on April 28, 2016, 11:12:46 AM
How come today no central buses parked up at 1 stop like there was
On Tuesday acting as crew bus decker there approx 1015

Probably finished the relief and has gone to it's next location.

fleetline6477

Great to see Central Buses taking on a new route with 297. However, looking at the timetable I think there'll be massive issues with reliability due to only 2 minute layover at each terminus. As Central will be to most passengers on that route a 'new operator' I do hope that punctuality issues does not lead people to view them as an unreliable operator.

fleetline6477

I have seen lots of examples of drivers in uniform travelling on other operators buses without paying. In places such as West Bromwich this happens regularly, drivers get to recognize each other and may in some cases have worked for the same bus company at some point. With Diamond and NXWM, especially around West Bromwich / Oldbury, drivers from both companies travel by bus to / from reliefs and their is mutual benefit and part of good colleagueship and respect for people in the same industry. Most bus drivers model themselves on treating passengers in the way they would hope to be treated by a bus driver if they were a passenger.

Central Buses drivers, from what I've experienced are courteous and professional. I'm sure, unless they have been directed otherwise, they would carry drivers from other companies on their buses. Although having said that, I don't think their drivers have to make their own way between depot and relief points so don't benefit from that level of service from other companies.

Will

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 28, 2016, 06:44:24 PM
I have seen lots of examples of drivers in uniform travelling on other operators buses without paying. In places such as West Bromwich this happens regularly, drivers get to recognize each other and may in some cases have worked for the same bus company at some point. With Diamond and NXWM, especially around West Bromwich / Oldbury, drivers from both companies travel by bus to / from reliefs and their is mutual benefit and part of good colleagueship and respect for people in the same industry. Most bus drivers model themselves on treating passengers in the way they would hope to be treated by a bus driver if they were a passenger.

Central Buses drivers, from what I've experienced are courteous and professional. I'm sure, unless they have been directed otherwise, they would carry drivers from other companies on their buses. Although having said that, I don't think their drivers have to make their own way between depot and relief points so don't benefit from that level of service from other companies.

Well the wonderful thing about Central Bus and probably not a lot of people know this is they don't have inspectors
Stourbridge   125

Michael Bevan

Quote from: fleetline6477 on April 28, 2016, 06:44:24 PM

They do actually. But Central give them Nbus Daysavers in order to travel on other operators.

Michael Bevan

X602 EGK has also been sold. Both vehicles are now withdrawn and waiting for the new buyers to collect them.

StourportSam

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 28, 2016, 07:19:10 PM
They do actually. But Central give them Nbus Daysavers in order to travel on other operators.

That must be useful for the Kidderminster drivers!

Will

Quote from: StourportSam on April 29, 2016, 03:59:50 PM
That must be useful for the Kidderminster drivers!

No as the Kidderminster drivers have they're own cars so they travel to work that way  I believe at least 2 of the drivers at Kidderminster live in Halesowen or Stourbridge   
Stourbridge   125

Kevin

Versa being used at One Stop for the staff bis today!
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 29, 2016, 03:57:29 PM
X602 EGK has also been sold. Both vehicles are now withdrawn and waiting for the new buyers to collect them.
one of the 2 withdrawn  Tridents was at Lichfield  on crew Duty on Friday with 39 in the window one with the ad on the rear

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on April 29, 2016, 04:22:56 PM
No as the Kidderminster drivers have they're own cars so they travel to work that way  I believe at least 2 of the drivers at Kidderminster live in Halesowen or Stourbridge

It was a joke, seeing as N Bus would not be valid in Kidderminster...

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Solo1 on May 01, 2016, 11:31:29 AM
one of the 2 withdrawn  Tridents was at Lichfield  on crew Duty on Friday with 39 in the window one with the ad on the rear

Friday was it's last day in service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk