News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Quote from: pndriver on April 25, 2016, 02:56:25 PM
NX drivers will not be welcome to use it according to rumors

Ouch! So what Central Bus have turned round & supposedly said that NX drivers are 'banned' basically? Hmm charming....
Stourbridge   125

karl724223

Quote from: Will on April 25, 2016, 03:16:32 PM
Ouch! So what Central Bus have turned round & supposedly said that NX drivers are 'banned' basically? Hmm charming....
nx drivers won't get free travel they will have to pay if they want to use it to and from garage

the trainbasher

And so they should. Why should a nx driver travel free on another company. If they really want free travel to depot, the 205 goes near to it.

It's similar to a BHS employee demanding employee discount at Marks and Sparks

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

It's pretty infrequent in its new format at an hourly frequency, I assume this will be a further nail in the 297's coffin....

Will

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 25, 2016, 03:57:46 PM
And so they should. Why should a nx driver travel free on another company. If they really want free travel to depot, the 205 goes near to it.

It's similar to a BHS employee demanding employee discount at Marks and Sparks

Because there's an unwritten rule which I believe @Tony will back me up on that says bus drivers travel free on other buses other than the company they work for but only if they are in uniform for example the once I was on the Diamond 4H heading to Halesowen an NX driver got on just down the road from West Brom bus station he got off at Oldbury Interchange but he didn't pay so like I said it's an unwritten rule also driver discretion
Stourbridge   125

Tony

Quote from: Will on April 25, 2016, 04:22:48 PM
Because there's an unwritten rule which I believe @Tony will back me up on that says bus drivers travel free on other buses other than the company they work for but only if they are in uniform for example the once I was on the Diamond 4H heading to Halesowen an NX driver got on just down the road from West Brom bus station he got off at Oldbury Interchange but he didn't pay so like I said it's an unwritten rule also driver discretion

No

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on April 25, 2016, 04:02:05 PM
It's pretty infrequent in its new format at an hourly frequency, I assume this will be a further nail in the 297's coffin....

Will Central be able to keep to time or suffer the same problems that NE encountered when they had to revise the timetable to every 40 minutes.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 25, 2016, 05:39:42 PM
No

Sure I saw Nx drivers on Diamond Saturday & I'm pretty sure they didnt pay either.

(In fact I know I've mentioned this before on here!)

Will

Quote from: Westy on April 25, 2016, 06:49:24 PM
Sure I saw Nx drivers on Diamond Saturday & I'm pretty sure they didnt pay either.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's seen it occur
Stourbridge   125

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on April 25, 2016, 06:49:24 PM

I think it's at the driver's discretion. Most will let fellow drivers on for free.

Solo1

One of the new deckers central buses has a was crew bus at West Brom see photo link for photo

MW

One of the gaffas at Social Travel would always ask me if I wanted to jump on their 11C. I used it a few times to get to Sarehole Mill (the relief point on the 5). He was telling me about his stories when he used to drive on Soho Road on the 74 (WB). Funny guy lol. He told me about a time he was behind a 79, letting him take all the passengers and how the 79 driver went round the roundabout at Hockley to get behind and how he followed him round lol.

Steveminor

I'm sure that Tony will say if this is true or not but if nx revenue team get on then a driver from any other company will be expected to either have a valid pass/ticket or get a fine just like any other passenger

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on April 26, 2016, 07:53:48 PM
I'm sure that Tony will say if this is true or not but if nx revenue team get on then a driver from any other company will be expected to either have a valid pass/ticket or get a fine just like any other passenger

Yes you are correct, but discretion is also used by the revenue team depending on circumstances

Steveminor

I think it's more to do if the driver is trying to get to take over his bus on a subsidised service. If for example it was a diamond driver getting the nx 4 into west Bromwich so he could take over the bus that was then due out in front competing directly with it then a slightly firmer attitude would be taken & you can't blame nx for that

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk