News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: andy41 on April 20, 2016, 09:04:41 PM
You are wrong because there are duties that contain more than 8 hours. And as you say, they are unpaid for breaks. This means that over a week you can easily be 'at work' for up to 15 hours for which you're not getting paid. Other operators may have long duties, but you are getting paid all but an hour per shift.

Your assertion that these operators are not 'looking after their staff' and that NX are some beacon of employee satisfaction is simply a myth, go and speak to a few of the drivers sitting about in Solihull all day for nothing.

First of all, I did not say that all duties are under 8 hours, I said 'Around the 8 hour mark'. Proof read before you post.

Your second point about them being paid all but an hour per shift. That is the same with NX (Actually more than NX). MOST NX duties only have a 40-45 minute break. Yes, you have some split duties with a couple hours break. But only a small % of duties are like that.

Tony

Quote from: andy41 on April 20, 2016, 09:04:41 PM
You are wrong because there are duties that contain more than 8 hours. And as you say, they are unpaid for breaks. This means that over a week you can easily be 'at work' for up to 15 hours for which you're not getting paid. Other operators may have long duties, but you are getting paid all but an hour per shift.

Your assertion that these operators are not 'looking after their staff' and that NX are some beacon of employee satisfaction is simply a myth, go and speak to a few of the drivers sitting about in Solihull all day for nothing.

And there's the 4 day rota drivers who do a lot more than 8 hours a day

andy41

Quote from: Dom on April 20, 2016, 09:09:46 PM
First of all, I did not say that all duties are under 8 hours, I said 'Around the 8 hour mark'. Proof read before you post.

Your second point about them being paid all but an hour per shift. That is the same with NX (Actually more than NX). MOST NX duties only have a 40-45 minute break. Yes, you have some split duties with a couple hours break. But only a small % of duties are like that.

Please refrain from issuing me with instructions, it's patronising and you are not a moderator.

It is not a small % of duties, hence why I said you can be at work up to 15 hours per week unpaid. I am not making it up, I have done it.
When you have a job I'm sure you won't want it to be one where you spend 13 hours out of the house and get paid for just over 7 and a half.

Dom

Quote from: andy41 on April 20, 2016, 09:14:00 PM
Please refrain from issuing me with instructions, it's patronising and you are not a moderator.

It is not a small % of duties, hence why I said you can be at work up to 15 hours per week unpaid. I am not making it up, I have done it.
When you have a job I'm sure you won't want it to be one where you spend 13 hours out of the house and get paid for just over 7 and a half.

It was more advice than an instruction plus I really cannot be arsed to argue. I've made my point and backed them up.

andy41

Quote from: Dom on April 16, 2016, 04:33:45 PM
I wouldn't call stupidly long duties looking after their staff

This is the point you started with. You haven't backed that one up. You have made an allegation about an operator with no evidence or experience of what you are talking about. Maybe you should have just never made it?

People who declare they 'can't be arsed to argue' usually don't have much of one left.

Never mind.

Dom

Quote from: andy41 on April 20, 2016, 09:32:53 PM
This is the point you started with. You haven't backed that one up. You have made an allegation about an operator with no evidence or experience of what you are talking about. Maybe you should have just never made it?

People who declare they 'can't be arsed to argue' usually don't have much of one left.

Never mind.

Not at all I just have much more important things (Such as revision) to do.

MW

A lot of the duties at AG were/are split actually (Fox Hollies rota, I'm looking at you.). It was rare to get under and hour break in my experience.

Only way around it for me in the end was to work late book ons only. Found those and late nights had shorter breaks. That was only because I was on good terms with the guy who books the work for everyone.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Dom on April 20, 2016, 09:37:44 PM
Not at all I just have much more important things (Such as revision) to do.

You accuse me of sticking up for diamond, yet you clearly like nx. Nx are going on strike soon because there not getting paid enough! Is that good business? Now I do business and I'm pretty sure this is why nx employees are always so miserable!

Dom

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 21, 2016, 07:36:12 AM
You accuse me of sticking up for diamond, yet you clearly like nx. Nx are going on strike soon because there not getting paid enough! Is that good business? Now I do business and I'm pretty sure this is why nx employees are always so miserable!

Not sticking up for National Express at all just explaining how National Express operate drivers duties compared to Central Buses.

I agree National Express drivers are not paid enough (the conversation was never about monetary value). Although whilst I do not agree with a strike National Express drivers are given no self value at the company. I speak to many drivers and they agree that they are just a roll number. Using maslows therom it is a surprise that drivers are not leaving quicker than they are currently. If you cannot tell I also take business and im currently working at an A grade so I do know what im on about @Trident 4194

karl724223

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 21, 2016, 07:36:12 AM
you must know something that the nx Union management and drivers don't know
About we're going on strike soon    WRONG AGAIN

the trainbasher

@Stuharris 6360

Looking at the timetables the routes are swapping numbers

The 297a will be the one through the Estate
The 297 will be the one NOT via the Estate

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 25, 2016, 12:24:02 PM
The 297a will be the one through the Estate
The 297 will be the one NOT via the Estate

That's gonna confuse people although I don't really see any reason for it to serve the Trading Estate anymore?!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

ARBB

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 25, 2016, 12:25:23 PM
That's gonna confuse people although I don't really see any reason for it to serve the Trading Estate anymore?!

NX drivers will not be welcome to use it according to rumors

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk