News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

where are the other versa as I thought the versa's  were  for the 125 service

Reece

Quote from: Solo1 on September 13, 2015, 04:01:38 PM
where are the other versa as I thought the versa's  were  for the 125 service
@Solo1 The Versa's are for the 125 but being exTransdev Blazefield means their Cummins engines have had a hard life because they have been thrashed a lot. The 125 is also a teat for any kind of bus due to the poor road conditions and the country lanes means they get a lot of damage.

XVT is back in Kiddy and is the second best out of the 4 Versa's.
XVW has gone back to Perry Barr for some light repair work.
XVX and XVW over heat when on the 125 because of the hilly nature of the route. XVX is at Perry Barr currently.
XVY is having some major engine repairs at Perry Barr.

PM

Why would being ex Transdev mean that they have been "thrashed a lot"?! They were used on Starships urban routes in Burnley! Most operators find ex Transdev buses extremely reliable and in excellent condition!

Reece

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 13, 2015, 04:35:54 PM
Why would being ex Transdev mean that they have been "thrashed a lot"?! They were used on Starships urban routes in Burnley! Most operators find ex Transdev buses extremely reliable and in excellent condition!
@DiamondDart Yeah very hilly Burnley with a lot of steep banks so that's why they have been thrashed or taken to the max then.

Tony

Quote from: Reece on September 13, 2015, 04:56:20 PM
@DiamondDart Yeah very hilly Burnley with a lot of steep banks so that's why they have been thrashed or taken to the max then.

Amazing how many 'fleet engineers' there are now who know the condition of buses without even inspecting them.

Solo1

When will all 4 versa be back at Kidderminster if anyone knows

Reece

Quote from: Solo1 on September 14, 2015, 10:00:27 AM
When will all 4 versa be back at Kidderminster if anyone knows
@Solo1 It's hard to say at the moment because of the current issues especially with XVW and XVX overheating from time to time on the Bridgnorth - Bewdley section of the 125.

the trainbasher

I find that very hard to believe @Reece. Very hard indeed

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Cedric

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 14, 2015, 12:24:21 PM

I think exactly  same as you trainbasher. at onetime  whittles used solos on that route and they had no trouble , that route.  this was pre EYMS days  they sent  them up to Yorkshire.   
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 14, 2015, 12:24:21 PM
In the ideal world XVT, XVX and XVY would be allocated to Kiddy during the week. And on Saturdays when the PVR is 4 buses XVW would come down from Perry Barr and then go back at the end of its shift.

Reece

I have just been informed there should be a Optare Solo (small) on the 125 tomorrow if anyone wants to get a picture.

Solo1

Quote from: Reece on September 18, 2015, 09:47:11 PM
I have just been informed there should be a Optare Solo (small) on the 125 tomorrow if anyone wants to get a picture.
how long do they have the solo for

Tara4352

Quote from: Reece on September 18, 2015, 09:47:11 PM
Around What Time in Stour tomorrow  pls @Reece

Reece

Quote from: Solo1 on September 18, 2015, 09:49:28 PM
how long do they have the solo for
It will probably only be on tomorrow

Reece

Quote from: RS on September 18, 2015, 09:54:16 PM
Around What Time in Stour tomorrow  pls @Reece
I don't know which rota the Solo is allocated to.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk