News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

Quote from: Steveminor on March 09, 2015, 10:46:41 PM
There's not enough of them to make yet another tamworth brum service viable. Hell there's not even enough to keep the 116 viable without cross subsidising it with the 115
So why did Arriva increase the 110 if the customer base is low

Steveminor

They increased the frequency about the same time as they cut the x74 & reduced the 116 so in fact there are less buses between tamworth & brum than when the 110 was half hourly.

Dutsey

I was on a busy E400 on Saturday into Birmingham.

Cedric

Quote from: Cedric on March 09, 2015, 04:22:33 PM
I have  heard central  are  supposed  to be opening a depot  up in Kidderminster 
For 4 vehicles  to run on the 125 to cut out the dead mileage

This is opening on 23/3/15 and it is in mill street.  a street in which  whittles used to have a depot .  when I was a lot younger  anyone under about 50 will not remember it
diamond 8\10/125/292

Solo1

i take it the depot will hold more than 4  buses as they may wish to run some services around Kidderminster /Worcester area along with 125 

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on March 13, 2015, 07:10:53 PM
i take it the depot will hold more than 4  buses as they may wish to run some services around Kidderminster /Worcester area along with 125 
all I know it's 4 based there when it opens who knows what the future might bring
diamond 8\10/125/292

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on March 13, 2015, 07:38:26 PM
all I know it's 4 based there when it opens who knows what the future might bring

I know where that depot will be in Kidderminster on Mill Street as I walk past it everytime I go into town. It will be in the old Renault Dealer/Garage which also has fueling facilities at the rear. It has recently been used and called the Mill Steet Trading Estate.

Yes a depot that I can walk on my journey into town.

Cedric

Quote from: Reece on March 13, 2015, 08:12:40 PM

I know where that depot will be in Kidderminster on Mill Street as I walk past it everytime I go into town. It will be in the old Renault Dealer/Garage which also has fueling facilities at the rear. It has recently been used and called the Mill Steet Trading Estate.

Reece
when you are  walking in to town which side of the  road is it on and  what is  near it?  is it before you get to the ideal building flats  or after them near the ring road junction . it a street I do not use much  so just can not place it. sounds  like interesting times  ahead. know bt used to have a big parking area there  for the vehicles
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: Cedric on March 13, 2015, 09:12:27 PM

Reece
when you are  walking in to town which side of the  road is it on and  what is  near it?  is it before you get to the ideal building flats  or after them near the ring road junction . it a street I do not use much  so just can not place it. sounds  like interesting times  ahead. know bt used to have a big parking area there  for the vehicles

Its just down from the BT place, very near opposite the AGA shop - I think.

Yes interesting development - some of the ex Whittle drivers living locally must be fed of of commuting to Central's garage!

winston

Quote from: StourportSam on March 13, 2015, 09:26:05 PM

Reece

Yes interesting development - some of the ex Whittle drivers living locally must be fed of of commuting to Central's garage!

They didn't have to go to Central depot in Perry Barr, 3 of the 4 buses operated out of a yard in Lye

Cedric

Reece

I know one ex whittle driver who is working for the already and is moving to work from Kidderminster , and another who went to work for WSNT , who is starting at central Kidderminster when it open  he lives that close will  be able to walk
diamond 8\10/125/292

Solo1

With central open the Kidderminster depot will they move the 3 versa's over keeping 1 for the 16 in Tamworth &x73 service if so wonder if the spare will be a envrio

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on March 14, 2015, 10:25:24 AM
With central open the Kidderminster depot will they move the 3 versa's over keeping 1 for the 16 in Tamworth &x73 service if so wonder if the spare will be a envrio
have seen a dart used more than once on the 125 so maybe  a dart might be used as a spare. never seen a  central enviro  down here
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on March 13, 2015, 09:32:20 PM

Reece

They didn't have to go to Central depot in Perry Barr, 3 of the 4 buses operated out of a yard in Lye

Yes, I meant the Lye one, was just thinking of one of the drivers I knew went to Central from Whittle lives in Bridgnorth so it would be easier for drivers living in that direction to just pop down the A442 to work like they used to.

Reece

Quote from: Cedric on March 14, 2015, 11:37:38 AM
Quote from: Solo1 on March 14, 2015, 10:25:24 AM
have seen a dart used more than once on the 125 so maybe  a dart might be used as a spare. never seen a  central enviro  down here

Yes both the 64 reg and one of the 12 reg Enviro 200s have been on the 125 before now.
https://flic.kr/p/qDLxuD
https://flic.kr/p/qW7DK3

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk