News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD1021409/74 - CEN GROUP LIMITED, UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX
    Registration Accepted by SN
    Starting Point: Tamworth
    Finish Point: Park Hall Academy
    Via: Kingsbury
    Service Number: 16
    Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
    Effective Date: 02-MAR-2015
    Other Details: Monday to Friday

PD1021409/75 - CEN GROUP LIMITED, UNIT 14A, TAMEBRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ALDRIDGE ROAD, PERRY BARR, BIRMINGHAM, B42 2TX
    Registration Accepted by SN
    Starting Point: Fazeley
    Finish Point: Birmingham, Priory Queensway
    Via: M42
    Service Number: X73
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 02-MAR-2015
    Other Details: Monday to Friday, one journey in each direction

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on March 03, 2015, 07:56:19 AM
Do Central do any daytickets? This suddenly seems tempting to have a day off and go play on their routes

Do they have the network?

Theres only the 74 by me & no other points of contact as far as I know.

the trainbasher

@Westy they do the 35b to Lichfield (where you can connect to the x55 where connections there to the 16 are available)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

The Fox 4846

Looks like their building a network in Staffordshire
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Kevin

Where do you reckon they could take it from here then? Extend the 16 to brum and compete with Arriva?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Solo1

here is the versa in service today on X73  https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/16548077738/
with the driver of the 73 from Heartlands  https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/16528413567/

Dutsey

I think the express service could work more frequently between Tamworth and Birmingham.

Solo1

Quote from: Dutsey on March 09, 2015, 10:26:34 AM
I think the express service could work more frequently between Tamworth and Birmingham.
it might if extend to Tamworth town centre as I think it only goes to Fazeley

Cedric

I have  heard central  are  supposed  to be opening a depot  up in Kidderminster 
For 4 vehicles  to run on the 125 to cut out the dead mileage
diamond 8\10/125/292

Bob

Quote from: Dutsey on March 09, 2015, 10:26:34 AM

Arriva's X74 flopped miserably..

woody38

Thing that it would be good if Central took the route on,  many people from Tamworth still moan about how long the arriva service takes between Tamworth & Brum

Steveminor

There's not enough of them to make yet another tamworth brum service viable. Hell there's not even enough to keep the 116 viable without cross subsidising it with the 115

PM

Quote from: Steveminor on March 09, 2015, 10:46:41 PM
There's not enough of them to make yet another tamworth brum service viable. Hell there's not even enough to keep the 116 viable without cross subsidising it with the 115

Others have disagreed strongly with me on here in the past about this but I've never been on a busy 110.

Having said that, I think a service similar to how Diamond run the 108 could work ie a few fast journeys aimed at commuters, after all, Sapphire is meant to be a brand used on services with a higher than average percentage of commuters travelling to and from work on longer distance services.

Bob

Quote from: DiamondDart on March 09, 2015, 11:21:22 PM

Others have disagreed strongly with me on here in the past about this but I've never been on a busy 110.

Having said that, I think a service similar to how Diamond run the 108 could work ie a few fast journeys aimed at commuters, after all, Sapphire is meant to be a brand used on services with a higher than average percentage of commuters travelling to and from work on longer distance services.

Ive been on dozens of 110s incl peak ones and have never seen it busy. Been on citaros that have only been a third full

Kevin

Quote from: Bob on March 10, 2015, 06:13:59 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on March 09, 2015, 11:21:22 PM

Ive been on dozens of 110s incl peak ones and have never seen it busy. Been on citaros that have only been a third full

Just to throw tuppence in. I've been on an E400 that's been full, so it does happen.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk