News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

According to NWM services changes, Central Buses are picking up the 125 between Stourbridge - Kidderminster on an hourly frequency (Mon-Sat daytime) from 5th Jan

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/4January.aspx

the trainbasher

Looks like I'm retiming my commute from work! :-)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on December 01, 2014, 03:30:23 PM
According to NWM services changes, Central Buses are picking up the 125 between Stourbridge - Kidderminster on an hourly frequency (Mon-Sat daytime) from 5th Jan

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/4January.aspx
that's a better services than now on that section of the 125 its only hourly off peak
diamond 8\10/125/292

Steveminor

Will it be viable with an hourly frequency or will it be a little too much. I personally would have kept it 2 hourly & extended the stourbridge end to Merry Hill

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on December 01, 2014, 08:37:53 PM
Will it be viable with an hourly frequency or will it be a little too much. I personally would have kept it 2 hourly & extended the stourbridge end to Merry Hill

It was hourly previously before 1st Sept WCC changes, an extension to Merry Hill is worth trialing

the trainbasher

Hansons tried a Kiddy to Merry Hill service a few years ago but that went via the Norton Estate and ran Saturday and Sunday only.

That got withdrawn after a few months

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

I think the subsidy was cut so whittles dropped it to 2 hourly to keep it commercially viable.
If you took the existing passenger base from the 125 then added those that used the kiddy merry hill service end to end I think it would be quite a profitable little route.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on December 01, 2014, 09:19:35 PM
I think the subsidy was cut so whittles dropped it to 2 hourly to keep it commercially viable.
If you took the existing passenger base from the 125 then added those that used the kiddy merry hill service end to end I think it would be quite a profitable little route.

I was under the impression that the 125 between S'bridge - Kidderminster was reduced due to unreliability, you may well be right.

It's a pity an extended 125 through to Merry Hill couldn't have started today, could have given it a nice kick start with Xmas shoppers etc

Cedric

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 01, 2014, 09:01:45 PM
Hansons tried a Kiddy to Merry Hill service a few years ago but that went via the Norton Estate and ran Saturday and Sunday only.

That got withdrawn after a few months
midland red west tried  a daily service when they where operating services in the black country  only lasted a couple of years
whittles tried  one from stourport (once a week ) and(once a week) bridgnorth  via Kidderminster making between the two  a twice weekly from Kidderminster latter cut down to a weekly from Kidderminster.  which latter choice travel took on but  did not really last long, but as there are more and more shops closing down  in Kidderminster now it might be worth trying again an more successful. as now if people like myself have no car at the moment we only have Worcester and Redditch to go to for  shopping  for gifts . have not included Stourbridge as it is so long since I have been there do not know what it is like , I think the foster street midland red garage was still in use
diamond 8\10/125/292

tc

Routemaster running day on the 66 this Saturday: http://centralbuses.com/news.html

iamwilljh92

I've read about Central taking over the Kidder - Stourbridge section of the 125 but I was talking to a friend of mine last night and we are both convinced that Central are going in for the whole of Whittle NOT just this section I mean the whole sha-bang I honestly believe that if they did it would be a bit of healthy competition for Diamond as I had a look on the Central fleet list on here earlier and I have to admit they have some nice little vehicles for e.g. 12-plate Enviros etc now I can envisage those in Kiddy I genuinely can and I believe it would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons in regards with some of the buses Diamond use on the X3 for e.g. a 15-year old Dart! and Central would possibly use a 12/13 plate on the 125 I think it'd be fantastic I do genuinely hope they do get the whole company at least I might get a chance of getting a job with them Diamond haven't offered me anything else since...

Cedric

Quote from: Will on December 02, 2014, 02:50:03 AM
I've read about Central taking over the Kidder - Stourbridge section of the 125 but I was talking to a friend of mine last night and we are both convinced that Central are going in for the whole of Whittle NOT just this section I mean the whole sha-bang I honestly believe that if they did it would be a bit of healthy competition for Diamond as I had a look on the Central fleet list on here earlier and I have to admit they have some nice little vehicles for e.g. 12-plate Enviros etc now I can envisage those in Kiddy I genuinely can and I believe it would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons in regards with some of the buses Diamond use on the X3 for e.g. a 15-year old Dart! and Central would possibly use a 12/13 plate on the 125 I think it'd be fantastic I do genuinely hope they do get the whole company at least I might get a chance of getting a job with them Diamond haven't offered me anything else since...
Will take a look at colum 4 again   what it says about whittles  .note  the word closure  .there is
No one taking  over whittles. More staff left yesterday. And redundancy have been given  to everyone 
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on December 02, 2014, 02:50:03 AMI might get a chance of getting a job with them Diamond haven't offered me anything else since...

But I thought you quit your job with Rotala Will?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on December 03, 2014, 12:15:27 AM
Quote from: Will on December 02, 2014, 02:50:03 AMI might get a chance of getting a job with them Diamond haven't offered me anything else since...

But I thought you quit your job with Rotala Will?

I did...

John

Quote from: John on November 05, 2014, 07:04:38 PM
Their President has now been repainted, but not yet finished off with logos etc

Managed to find it parked in One Stop this morning
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/15936797051/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk