News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

septmember re WCC subside cuts

Started by Cedric, July 01, 2014, 10:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephen

Quote from: tank90 on August 08, 2014, 04:18:14 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on August 08, 2014, 03:25:33 PM
I disagree actually.

It's not much more complicated really-there were already 4 variations and now there are still only 4-55/H/56/H. Provided full-size buses are put onto the route, I'm sure the later journeys and provision of a (very good level of) Sunday service will be popular!

It's more complex than it's ever been if i'm going to be honest with you. Looking at some of Diamonds new timings they are hoping for no parked cars and drivers driving at 40 mph in 30 zones. I can see on the 55H and 56H's that Mason Road and Swimburne Road are going to miss out on a bus if it's late running from either end.
Also the reduction in frequency will be a night mere too. And then Parents in september who relye on the quicker frequency in the morning will struggle to get to work on time. Its a mess, Diamond have NOT listern to what I had said to them yet again. the 55 and 56 needs to be every 20 because they are not going to put full length buses on the route they will be those silly 37 seaters and 29 seaters. This new 55/56 should have been every 15 not 30 it makes it harder to get around the town, it will be a sad day as Diamond promised to improve the buses in the town this is clearly not whats happening here on the western side of town.

Tank90,

I hope you don't mind me addressing your points directly:

We have undertaken a large Network Review of the area and the changes are in keeping with what the majority of people in the area requested. That is; more buses to link Webheath to points around Redditch (inlcuding the hospital), better links to Studley, weekend buses, later running, direct services where possible. The 55/55H and 56/56H is no more complex than having a 57A and 57 or 58A and 58. I am sure that marketing material will make this clear and I hope people will be relieved at having the transport links. We will all get used to the services in time. I would also state that although you would like to see the 55/56 at every 15 minutes (and so would I), there is not the demand nor cash there to support that many vehicles.

Although I appreciate your sentence "Diamond have NOT listern to what I had said to them yet again" - we have to listen to what all the people of Redditch have asked for and we are trying to deliver that within the constraints that we have (passenger numbers etc). The new network is designed to increase passenger growth in the next year and we will monitor routes closely; making changes where required. We have run the routes and put timetables through our software so timings should not be too large an issue. If we find timekeeping issues we will resolve these as soon as we possibly can.

I believe that the increase in services to Webheath, Studley and improved links elsewhere that will soon be advertised actually prove that we are improving services.

Please rest assured that we constantly strive to improve our services; we never make decisions that we think will annoy or detract from passenger growth.

I hope, if the new registrations are accepted, you will travel and try to get a feel for the new network; then give me a shout and perhaps we could talk about them in more detail?

Thanks,

Stephen

tank90

Quote from: stephen on August 11, 2014, 09:22:48 AM
Quote from: tank90 on August 08, 2014, 04:18:14 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on August 08, 2014, 03:25:33 PM
I disagree actually.

It's not much more complicated really-there were already 4 variations and now there are still only 4-55/H/56/H. Provided full-size buses are put onto the route, I'm sure the later journeys and provision of a (very good level of) Sunday service will be popular!

It's more complex than it's ever been if i'm going to be honest with you. Looking at some of Diamonds new timings they are hoping for no parked cars and drivers driving at 40 mph in 30 zones. I can see on the 55H and 56H's that Mason Road and Swimburne Road are going to miss out on a bus if it's late running from either end.
Also the reduction in frequency will be a night mere too. And then Parents in september who relye on the quicker frequency in the morning will struggle to get to work on time. Its a mess, Diamond have NOT listern to what I had said to them yet again. the 55 and 56 needs to be every 20 because they are not going to put full length buses on the route they will be those silly 37 seaters and 29 seaters. This new 55/56 should have been every 15 not 30 it makes it harder to get around the town, it will be a sad day as Diamond promised to improve the buses in the town this is clearly not whats happening here on the western side of town.

Tank90,

I hope you don't mind me addressing your points directly:

We have undertaken a large Network Review of the area and the changes are in keeping with what the majority of people in the area requested. That is; more buses to link Webheath to points around Redditch (inlcuding the hospital), better links to Studley, weekend buses, later running, direct services where possible. The 55/55H and 56/56H is no more complex than having a 57A and 57 or 58A and 58. I am sure that marketing material will make this clear and I hope people will be relieved at having the transport links. We will all get used to the services in time. I would also state that although you would like to see the 55/56 at every 15 minutes (and so would I), there is not the demand nor cash there to support that many vehicles.

Although I appreciate your sentence "Diamond have NOT listern to what I had said to them yet again" - we have to listen to what all the people of Redditch have asked for and we are trying to deliver that within the constraints that we have (passenger numbers etc). The new network is designed to increase passenger growth in the next year and we will monitor routes closely; making changes where required. We have run the routes and put timetables through our software so timings should not be too large an issue. If we find timekeeping issues we will resolve these as soon as we possibly can.

I believe that the increase in services to Webheath, Studley and improved links elsewhere that will soon be advertised actually prove that we are improving services.

Please rest assured that we constantly strive to improve our services; we never make decisions that we think will annoy or detract from passenger growth.

I hope, if the new registrations are accepted, you will travel and try to get a feel for the new network; then give me a shout and perhaps we could talk about them in more detail?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi Stephen, I don't mind at all.

As for your last comment as I live on the (old 53/54/55/56) 55/56 route I will have no choice in traveling at somepoint into webheath on my way into or out of town. I hope that didn't come over as rude as I haven't meant it to.

One thing I have noted is when Diamond and First not so long ago both ran on the 55 and 56 Diamond drove up numbers using the bus. One thing that does annoy West siders is that both First and now Diamond have again stopped growth. First did it when speed humps where put down Feckenham Rd which gave First the point of stopping the 53 and 54.

Now of course this change will be fine if it 100% full length singles Monday to Saturday and what ever the depot likes on Sunday but we all know that won't happen so what will Diamond HQ do to make sure Redditch Depot don't put anything but E300's or Volvos on the the 55/56 because numbers will drop and may drop due to we (west siders) have grown to plan around our every 20 minute frequency and have planned lives around it. Sounds dramatic I know but single mums have who work in other parts of town and from September they will be faced with there lives turned upside down.

Yes the sunday bus is good don't get me wrong and the other changes are good too but maybe keeping a higher frequency would have worked just as well?
And what happens when later running drives add up that if they miss out Feckenham Rd Swimbourne Rd Mason Rd and the top of Birchfield Rd to make up time by caring on along Windmill Drive?

Dan
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

111 Roughley

Stephen,

1.The 55H/56H is self-evidently more complex than the 57A/58A because it goes to the Hospital and to Webheath, whereas the 57A/58A just diverts to the Hospital.
2. This is a cut in service because it is currently every 20 minutes each way, and in future it will be every half-hour, and also every bus currently goes to the Hospital, but in future just one bus per hour each way will go.
3. Most passengers want to go to or from Redditch town centre. Webheath still has one bus per hour from that perspective. In fact at peak time the 143 is slightly better than one bus per hour, but the 55H/56H is one bus per hour. Passengers from Walkwood will have slightly longer journeys to the town centre because one bus per hour will divert to Webheath.
4. The advent of the Sunday service is an improvement, as is the slightly later finish to the service in the evening.

You mention an increase in services to Studley. At present you have the 143 and 247, each hourly. In future there will be the 67 and presumably the 247, each hourly? Is there something we don't know about?

sonic84

At least it isn't as complicated as when Diamond first took on the 55 back in 2009.  Did it not run a figure of 8 route with journeys going from Webheath to the Tesco, then Crabbs Cross Walkwood & Headless Cross to the bus station.

tank90

Quote from: sonic84 on August 12, 2014, 06:01:31 PM
At least it isn't as complicated as when Diamond first took on the 55 back in 2009.  Did it not run a figure of 8 route with journeys going from Webheath to the Tesco, then Crabbs Cross Walkwood & Headless Cross to the bus station.

That made sense as you had the choice on your orbit and at the lights in headless cross if the lights were red you could hop off and then get the other orbit. Either way the 55 going to Webheath first makes more sense then the 56 as if the 56 is late running then drivers will miss out a chunk of the route which will course stress to the older folk on the route. The figure of 8 would mean that no missing out gets done.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

posted a link in whittles thread  shown how there services are changing
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/buses-in-worcestershire/timetables.aspx

this link gives latest information on the service changes  for all operators  it is  dated 18/8/14
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

On Diamond's website are changes not on the Council's site. It suggests that Diamond will be running a new 62 service even though the Council say that Green Bus will be running it. There will also be a 145A Longbridge to Bromsgrove even though WMSNT won the Council's service. There is a new 149 service Bromsgrove to Webbs. The 247 is to have service changes ('some shorter journeys to Alcester'), the few 26 journeys are dropped, as is the 70A. Interesting!
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/ForthcomingchangestotheDiamondBusWorcestershireNetwork_255.html

sonic84

Its very interesting seeing the new 145A variation.  I wonder how this will compare against the hourly WMSNT 145 from Rubery to Droitwich.

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 19, 2014, 06:14:08 PM
On Diamond's website are changes not on the Council's site. It suggests that Diamond will be running a new 62 service even though the Council say that Green Bus will be running it. There will also be a 145A Longbridge to Bromsgrove even though WMSNT won the Council's service. There is a new 149 service Bromsgrove to Webbs. The 247 is to have service changes ('some shorter journeys to Alcester'), the few 26 journeys are dropped, as is the 70A. Interesting!
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/ForthcomingchangestotheDiamondBusWorcestershireNetwork_255.html
think the diamond changes  are results of the Worcestershire network review   
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bowler on August 19, 2014, 06:46:25 PM

Hmmmm, interesting that suggests Diamond are operating the 62 & 145A commercially, potentially with the intention that WCC could withdraw funding for the tendered versions at a later date if there are adequate commercial services. Thus pushing TGB out of Redditch and WMSNT back out of Worcestershire.  :-\ The 149 is also interesting & appears to be a commercial venture further linking Bromsgrove with Droitwich.

111 Roughley

Quote from: Winston on August 19, 2014, 08:52:03 PM

Hmmmm, interesting that suggests Diamond are operating the 62 & 145A commercially, potentially with the intention that WCC could withdraw funding for the tendered versions at a later date if there are adequate commercial services. Thus pushing TGB out of Redditch and WMSNT back out of Worcestershire.  :-\ The 149 is also interesting & appears to be a commercial venture further linking Bromsgrove with Droitwich.
Yes, it appears that Diamond are being quite aggressive. I recall that on Tony's tender list published on here over a month ago Diamond had initially won the 62. Also what was surprising about WMSNT's new 145 was the upping of the frequency. Would the Council have asked for that when they are looking to save money? I feel there's a lot in the background here. Even the new 149 seems to be aimed at First's 144A.

winston

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 19, 2014, 09:39:52 PM

Yes, it appears that Diamond are being quite aggressive. I recall that on Tony's tender list published on here over a month ago Diamond had initially won the 62. Also what was surprising about WMSNT's new 145 was the upping of the frequency. Would the Council have asked for that when they are looking to save money? I feel there's a lot in the background here. Even the new 149 seems to be aimed at First's 144A.

Fair play to Diamond I say, business is business. Nice to see them fight back if that is the intention.

Don't forget that the 141/145 were combined and we don't actually how much subsidy WCC are contributing to the new 145 with its increased frequency, that could be a part commercial venture by WMSNT.

Is the 149 aimed at First or WMSNT as per a shortened version of the current 141?

111 Roughley

Quote from: Winston on August 19, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Fair play to Diamond I say, business is business. Nice to see them fight back if that is the intention.

Don't forget that the 141/145 were combined and we don't actually how much subsidy WCC are contributing to the new 145 with its increased frequency, that could be a part commercial venture by WMSNT.

Is the 149 aimed at First or WMSNT as per a shortened version of the current 141?
Well, I don't know the route of the 149, and assumed it would go along the main road, but it might more or less go along the 141 route to Wychbold. All these changes are subject to the Traffic Commissioner agreeing them for 1 September at shorter notice than usual. Diamond as far as I can tell have not deregistered the old 60/61/141/145 so come September they could still be running the old services.

winston

Quote from: 111 Roughley on August 20, 2014, 08:29:14 AM
Quote from: Winston on August 19, 2014, 09:54:27 PM

Well, I don't know the route of the 149, and assumed it would go along the main road, but it might more or less go along the 141 route to Wychbold. All these changes are subject to the Traffic Commissioner agreeing them for 1 September at shorter notice than usual. Diamond as far as I can tell have not deregistered the old 60/61/141/145 so come September they could still be running the old services.

Diamond had deregistered the 141/145 with Vosa, it was one of the first to be cancelled, but it's not listed on their news page as being cancelled, wait & see I guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk